Page 428 of 671 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 10059
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

This is pathetic! Thank god this title is getting a shake up, Abnett needs to get the hell out of this book.
    These past few issues have solidified my hate for this run. I don't get why this writer hates Roy so much. Heck, the entire team is treated badly. Even Wally, who kept getting focus at the beginning, hasn't really had anything good happen to him.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I just came here to ask the same thing. Google tells me nothing. It must have just come out, maybe unintentionally announced.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Here the preview of Titans#21

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...-and-the-brain

I'm actually digging it even if we will get to see stupid Batman by Abnett. But well, we will see Wednesday.
    On a positive note, Donna in her exercise outfit .

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I remember it being reported that there were several books from the end of May that haven't been solicited yet because of the transition from the regular Diamond Previews Catalogue to their own DC Previews in June. An example is that Super Sons/Dynomutt Special #1 which is coming in the last week of May but being solicited in June.

So it's like this is paralleling the Superman and Action Comics Specials that are coming in May ahead of the big Man of Steel book, except this is likely going to close out Percy's run ahead of No Justice. The Titans Annual from Abnett is probably a more apt comparison actually, since that whole situation is probably for the same reason.

Edit: Actually, I see no one's talking about the big rumour that episode 7 of Titans is apparently titled 'Jason Todd'. I generally don't want to comment on random rumours like this but it's gained a lot of traction and seems to have a basis on previous casting descriptions and such. Which could potentially mean we'd see Dick's transition to Nightwing right at the same time as he mentors Jason as the new Robin. Which is an amazing idea to me, although it kinda sucks too since it's likely they'll just kill Jason off for Dick angst and to set up the Red Hood story as soon as possible. And since there was the character description for someone who sounds a lot like Ra's al Ghul a couple months back...
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 03-12-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Wtf smh....
    Yeah, that about sums it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Edit: Actually, I see no one's talking about the big rumour that episode 7 of Titans is apparently titled 'Jason Todd'. I generally don't want to comment on random rumours like this but it's gained a lot of traction and seems to have a basis on previous casting descriptions and such. Which could potentially mean we'd see Dick's transition to Nightwing right at the same time as he mentors Jason as the new Robin. Which is an amazing idea to me, although it kinda sucks too since it's likely they'll just kill Jason off for Dick angst and to set up the Red Hood story as soon as possible. And since there was the character description for someone who sounds a lot like Ra's al Ghul a couple months back...
    If we get Jason, I wonder if we'll get Batman and Joker?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

This is pathetic! Thank god this title is getting a shake up, Abnett needs to get the hell out of this book.
    After last issues I can't talk to Donna because Batman told me not to, this kind of crap is just funny at this point. In that its so bad kind of way.

I remember it being reported that there were several books from the end of May that haven't been solicited yet because of the transition from the regular Diamond Previews Catalogue to their own DC Previews in June. An example is that Super Sons/Dynomutt Special #1 which is coming in the last week of May but being solicited in June.

So it's like this is paralleling the Superman and Action Comics Specials that are coming in May ahead of the big Man of Steel book, except this is likely going to close out Percy's run ahead of No Justice. The Titans Annual from Abnett is probably a more apt comparison actually, since that whole situation is probably for the same reason.

So add Jason to the list of character's that will apparently appear on the show. There's also rumors of Donna, Roy and Solstice.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

So DC is willing to milk the NTT name but refuses to acknowlege it in continuity? smh
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

[QUOTE=Grayson - The Dark Heir;35201

Edit: Actually, I see no one's talking about the big rumour that episode 7 of Titans is apparently titled 'Jason Todd'. I generally don't want to comment on random rumours like this but it's gained a lot of traction and seems to have a basis on previous casting descriptions and such. Which could potentially mean we'd see Dick's transition to Nightwing right at the same time as he mentors Jason as the new Robin. Which is an amazing idea to me, although it kinda sucks too since it's likely they'll just kill Jason off for Dick angst and to set up the Red Hood story as soon as possible. And since there was the character description for someone who sounds a lot like Ra's al Ghul a couple months back...[/QUOTE]

It's a terrible idea to me. It would suck if they tie Nightwing's origen to Jason Todd in a Titan show, just like that you end with a Batman show. All Jason adds is angst and missery.

I'm still worried they would add Barbara and now Jason too? Pfff, super disappointing.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 03-12-2018 at 08:04 PM.

It doesn't close out Percy's run - he's not writing this, Adam Glass is. More likely it's the start of the post-No Justice series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The actor certainly has the bad boy look down, at least in most of his pictures with a hat or longer hair.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It's a terrible idea to me. It would suck if they tie Nightwing's origen to Jason Todd in a Titan show, just like that you end with a Batman show. All Jason adds is angst and missery.

I'm still worried they would add Barbara and now Jason too? Pfff, super disappointing.
    Well, it certainly does seem like they are gearing up for a set of intensely dark story lines, alright. That isn't my favored approach, so I also give an "Oh, fudgesticks!" to such news.

Having said that, however one feels about dark story lines or Jason Todd or any other character or tonal element, DC is in a bit of a bind, here. It's true they seem to be maneuvering to have something of a Batman show while being able to claim that it isn't a Batman show. They want to market this as Teen Titans, but there are some indications they may try to tie it to Gotham (the city and mythos, not the show) at the hip so as to cash in on their most popular properties.

But, like it or not, Gotham is Dick Grayson's background. If they truly try to to make the show accessible to new, naive viewers, they are going to have to do something like that, or else change the character's story in ways that many long-term fans would find unpalatable. And, like it or not, Batman is their most valuable property, and it just doesn't make any business sense to not try and make an obvious cash-in when you have the chance.

So, the Gotham stuff I can understand and go with, especially if they do it with a modicum of skill. Angst and blood and darkness, that is something else again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    But, like it or not, Gotham is Dick Grayson's background. If they truly try to to make the show accessible to new, naive viewers, they are going to have to do something like that, or else change the character's story in ways that many long-term fans would find unpalatable. And, like it or not, Batman is their most valuable property, and it just doesn't make any business sense to not try and make an obvious cash-in when you have the chance.
    The thing is that it is not obligatory. NTT barely touched Gotham, Teen Titans cartoon didn't do it at all and Nightwings origen had nothing to do with Jason before Dixon chained Dick to that particular anchor. Batman's mithos is not necessary for the Titans' succed.

Jason appeared in New Teen Titans, and we actually did see Dick react to and mourn him after his death, so I think this is actually great, imo.