Page 127 of 671 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 10059
    BANNED

Your a Tim Fan you hardly unbiased. The problem with Tim to my mind is the setup. A sidekick dies and thus Bruce is like no more Robins. So why would he pick up some random kid he has no connection to? Tim is not even an orphan. Send that kid back home.

I think we are shifting away from Dark Knight Returns. If that JL synopsis is to be trusted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Your a Tim Fan you hardly unbiased. The problem with Tim to my mind is the setup. A sidekick dies and thus Bruce is like no more Robins. So why would he pick up some random kid he has no connection to? Tim is not even an orphan. Send that kid back home.

I think we are shifting away from Dark Knight Returns. If that JL synopsis is to be trusted.
    I admitted there's a higher chance of seeing Carrie Kelly in the DCEU than Tim, even though I'd rather see Tim. Biased?

And Bruce taking on another sidekick after Jason's death isn't that far fetched compared to other elements of superhero films, especially since it's exactly what Bruce did in the comics.

BANNED

Oh I agree but this Batman isn't the comic version. So explain Batman taking an unrelated kid in as robin who isn't an orphan to the General Audience who has seen BvS. I am thinking that is a bit of hard sell.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Oh I agree but this Batman isn't the comic version. So explain Batman taking an unrelated kid in as robin who isn't an orphan to the General Audience who has seen BvS. I am thinking that is a bit of hard sell.
    Not entirely. If the 'Robin' proves their worth beforehand I don't think it would be that far of a reach. Honestly, if we do get a new Robin I have no idea which direction they will choose to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Not entirely. If the 'Robin' proves their worth beforehand I don't think it would be that far of a reach. Honestly, if we do get a new Robin I have no idea which direction they will choose to go.
    And I'm sure some variation of the classic "Batman needs a Robin" argument that got Tim the role in the first place can be used to justify the live action version as well. There's already 2 former Robins established in the DCEU, so the idea that Bruce needs a sidekick to keep him on guard and reign in his more aggressive side while fighting crime in Gotham could apply to Bat-Fleck as well.

And Bruce doesn't just take on random kids, only the ones he feels are exceptionally skilled enough to survive as vigilantes. Have him come across some brilliant teenager with impressive fighting skills and an insistence on fighting crime, and I think they can make it work if the writing and acting is good enough.

Extraordinary Member

To me, Dick is always a guaranteed an appearance in other media if a real Robin shows up, Tim plays best as the "lay man's" Robin for a Tv show who could be used to introduce stuff to the audience throughout a whole season and go on a clear character growth trajectory, and Damian is honestly the one who could be introduced to a movie audience and given his main role pretty easily. Tim I think has a stronger track record of serialized work and feels more like he could be the core of an ensemble; he and Dick remain probably the most relatable and normal of the Robins, while Damian honestly works best with characters set up to act as immediate foils.

So if we had a Tv show Teen Titans, I'd go with Tim first. If we wanted a movie version, I'd introduce Dick and Damian in the Batman solo and then spin them off in a TT movie.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Depends on the tether, Dick has Titans which admittedly is not a priority property right now but could be in the future. That's the beauty of expanded universes, he's also the one who is the most iconic and has appeared almost everywhere so his chances are good.

Jason has Joker and UTRH/DITF, he's been confirmed to be the dead Robin. They can do flashbacks to his time with our without his showing up as Red Hood, also good chances.

Damian has the Al Ghuls who have been pushed a lot in the last decade, is the current Robin (making him first priority for a live on screen Robin as long as they dont go with Dick) and is Bruce's son.

Tim...scratches head, I honestly think Carrie has a better shot under the "it's different" excuse. If Tim couldn't make it to BTAS and The Batman or pretty much any Batman media in a significant and unforgettable or unique manner in the past then his chances for the future dont look good imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Depends on the tether, Dick has Titans which admittedly is not a priority property right now but could be in the future. That's the beauty of expanded universes, he's also the one who is the most iconic and has appeared almost everywhere so his chances are good.

Jason has Joker and UTRH/DITF, he's been confirmed to be the dead Robin. They can do flashbacks to his time with our without his showing up as Red Hood, also good chances.

Damian has the Al Ghuls who have been pushed a lot in the last decade, is the current Robin (making him first priority for a live on screen Robin as long as they dont go with Dick) and is Bruce's son.

Tim...scratches head, I honestly think Carrie has a better shot under the "it's different" excuse. If Tim couldn't make it to BTAS and The Batman or pretty much any Batman media in a significant and unforgettable or unique manner in the past then his chances for the future dont look good imo.
    It's not like Dick Grayson has the best track record with other media either. 60's cartoon and live action series were jokes. Super Friends was a joke. BTAS was great but Dick was kind of annoying until he became Nightwing in the last season. 90s Batman films were garbage. The Batman and The Brave and the Bold weren't terrible but they're pretty much forgotten now. All the animated films Nightwing has appeared in have used him poorly, even the excellent UtRH. Arkham games screwed over Nightwing big time. Arkham VR,

Dick's only good appearances in other media were the original Teen Titans cartoon (TT Go is an embarrassment) and Young Justice. Both great series, but it's still way more misses than hits for adaptations of that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It's not like Dick Grayson has the best track record with other media either. 60's cartoon and live action series were jokes. Super Friends was a joke. BTAS was great but Dick was kind of annoying until he became Nightwing in the last season. 90s Batman films were garbage. The Batman and The Brave and the Bold weren't terrible but they're pretty much forgotten now. All the animated films Nightwing has appeared in have used him poorly, even the excellent UtRH. Arkham games screwed over Nightwing big time. Arkham VR,

Dick's only good appearances in other media were the original Teen Titans cartoon (TT Go is an embarrassment) and Young Justice. Both great series, but it's still way more misses than hits for adaptations of that character.
    Hey I liked Super Friends and also Teen Titans Go is for KIDS and my sis loves it, for you it might be a 'joke' but there are many children who love this show.

Dick was more annoying as Nightwing in BTAS. He was awesome as Robin.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Dick was more annoying as Nightwing in BTAS. He was awesome as Robin.
    I thought he was less of a dork as Nightwing on that show. He still wasn't a good character, but it was a step up from how he was as Robin. Still not as bad as Batman & Robin, though.

Without 60's Batman and Superfriends, Batman wouldn't have been popular for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Without 60's Batman and Superfriends, Batman wouldn't have been popular for so long.
    Eh, I'd say the DCAU and the Burton films are more responsible for Batman's popularity. Without those he'd have faded away as a 60s joke and have the same reputation as Aquaman.

There probably wouldn't have been a DCAU Batman or the Burton films if not for 60's Batman, and even Super Friends helped to expose a generation to Batman. Don't discredit 60's Batman contribution to Batman just because its 50 years later.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-27-2016 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Eh, I'd say the DCAU and the Burton films are more responsible for Batman's popularity. Without those he'd have faded away as a 60s joke and have the same reputation as Aquaman.
    the 60's show did not stop him from being popular well into the 70's and early 80's which is more that enough time to prove the only people who call it a terrible thing are TDKR fans who came in after and have a revisionist history about Batman.