Page 132 of 671 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Because Terra fans just want her to not be in the story where it was reveled that she was a complete scumbag and then died. (which was the point of her character)
    Must be either the Teen Titans 2003 cartoon or people believe she could be still be redeemed, I remember a blog which talked about Terra and the JC, it seems like he/she didn't like the arc and write a lot of notes of how she was being mistreated but Wolfman did say that she was created to be an evil Kitty Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    A few reasons: for starters, he's Tara's brother and a Markov so he has a connection to the original story already. He is a contemporary of Dick, Donna, Wally, et. al already, even if he's never been on the Teen Titans before. He has the exact same powers that his little sister does, and a while ago, Deathstroke said that it was possible - probably actually - that the "same thing" that happened to Tara would happen to him. (It never did, for the record) Ultimately, the story could take on the same beats as the one back in the eighties did without the same rapey connotations that it did then with Tara and Slade, especially given that it doesn't fit with the new continuity; Terra and Beast Boy's origins specifically. It's honestly kind of the best course of action that they can take.
    I know who Geo Force is but he has nothing to do with the Titans' history other than being Tara's brother. What do you mean the ''same thing''? The one where Terra and Deathstroke supposedly had sex or something else? To me, back then comics were a bit darker with the JC arc, since were in the new continuity the JC could still happened but probably without the statutory rape just a betrayal.
    Last edited by Incognito; 07-06-2016 at 05:39 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Must be either the Teen Titans 2003 cartoon or people believe she could be redeemed, I remember a blog which talked about Terra and the JC, it seems like he/she didn't like the arc but Wolfman did say that she was created to be an evil Kitty Pride.
    i mean most of Terra's publication history is not as a villain, and authorial intent means very little when that same author later goes back on it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I really don't see what good replacing Terra with Geo-Force does. If he is in the same role, then he is in (nearly) the same situation as Terra was originally. The only difference is that the little girl would get to stay good while her older brother becomes the baddie. Then you have pretty much the same situation with a different character.

Besides, Terra was created to subvert the trope of angelic, innocent young, white girls. You expected her to be good and she was not.

Edit: You could have him not sleep with Terra, or you could have him sleep with Geo-Force. We don't know how it will go yet. If Terra was 16, there are some countries where that would be legal anyway (not that I would condone Slade's behavior.)

Edit 2: Most actually, even a handful if she was younger. I haven't read it in a while, but I don't think that it was explicitly said that Slade's HQ was in the US. Also, Slade, as a villain, can have flaws that most people find unacceptable, though that doesn't work too well for the subject of an ongoing.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 07-06-2016 at 05:56 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

i mean most of Terra's publication history is not as a villain, and authorial intent means very little when that same author later goes back on it.
    Maybe they want the readers to feel like she isn't a villain just for a surprise and secretly working with Deathstroke, the last time I read the JC arc was a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I really don't see what good replacing Terra with Geo-Force does. If he is in the same role, then he is in (nearly) the same situation as Terra was originally. The only difference is that the little girl would get to stay good while her older brother becomes the baddie. Then you have pretty much the same situation with a different character.
    Yeah, I'm getting tired with the evil older brother/sister cliche, it's always being used in TV, Film, Books, etc.

Besides, Terra was created to subvert the trope of angelic, innocent young, white girls. You expected her to be good and she was not.
    Terra did play as the 'don't judge by it's cover' character well.

Edit: You could have him not sleep with Terra, or you could have him sleep with Geo-Force. We don't know how it will go yet. If Terra was 16, there are some countries where that would be legal anyway (not that I would condone Slade's behavior.)
    Now, I want to get that image out of my head of Geo-Force and Deathstroke. If they were going to do another JC they could always just have Terra doing something even more despicable rather than the sleep scene even thought it's one of the most known scenes of both Terra and Deathstroke.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think you're all missing the foundation of my point, actually: Terra is too young to have been a part of the Judas Contract. They could easily leave out the more controversial bits of the storyline, but the fact remains that in current continuity she is a sixteen year old girl. At best, when Judas Contract happened, she could be fourteen. It's more likely that she was twelve, or younger. The timeline doesn't allow for Terra to be involved in the Judas Contract unless it happens today. But it seems like it happened in the past, and Terra couldn't have been involved then, realistically.

Hence where Geo-Force, who hasn't been introduced in the new continuity at all, comes in.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Geo-Force was recently introduced in Deadshot/Katana: Suicide Squad Most wanted, even if he didn't has his powers yet.

BANNED

Actually, if we're seeing it happen via flashback, we are there.
    No, and you are missing the point.

One of the reasons Judas Contract worked so well was because there were so many people who were drawn into the story about Terra and her eventual betrayal, this isn't something that can be done again or replicated through a simple flashback and be expected to have the same weight as it once did... like we have an example of this in Blackest Night, it was a great event and it was all very exciting... but in Flashpoint it was replicated as an ongoing situation the Guardians were dealing with far away and it meant nothing. likewise, the only reason the Titans appear to be working now is because we took the time to re-discover the relationship through Titans Hunt.

BANNED

I think we just moved from denial to serious delusion, rewrite JC with Brion taking Terra's place? WTF is this? what's next folks? rewrite DOS with Lois dying in Superman's arms? or New Gods v1 with Lightseid and Dark father? or maybe have Dick getting his back broken in Knightfall instead. Terra's betrayal. her age and pretty much everything about her is exactly what made it so shocking in the first place. Besides advocating for Brion to replace Terra is seriously hypocritical. Brion was an established character unlike Terra, Brion was not created by Wolfman unlike Terra(Barr was using him in Outsiders anyway) and the reason Terra was a teen is because you know it's a Teen Titans book, yeah I know shocking right, how dare they write a story about Teen heroes being betrayed by a depraved and evil teen, how dare they violate my self made head canon.

Even the later pointless "good" Terra existed to get very quickly killed by Black Adam and not a crap was given.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 07-07-2016 at 12:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Even the later pointless "good" Terra existed to get very quickly killed by Black Adam and not a crap was given.
    If I am not mistaken, the 'good' Terra actually lasted well over a decade having arrived along with the other Team Titans to fight Donna's whacko son... written by Wolfman...

But I believe you are right, the good version didn't gel with people and she was killed off because of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the 'good' Terra actually lasted well over a decade having arrived along with the other Team Titans to fight Donna's whacko son... written by Wolfman...

But I believe you are right, the good version didn't gel with people and she was killed off because of that.
    There were 2 of them weren't they? ugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    There were 2 of them weren't they? ugh.
    Well there was the original whackso scumbag Terra that we all know and love to hate who died and never got back up... even if they found the coffin empty one day? (Think Batman or Brion had her moved)
    And there was 'good' alternate future Team Titans Terra who didn't know she had an evil counterpart, though she eventually found out why everyone gave her the funny looks.

And lastly we have the mostly unrelated Atlee Terra... who provided the explanation about who was providing the Markov's their power... and why some of them went bonkers.

Well there was the original whackso scumbag Terra that we all know and love to hate who died and never got back up... even if they found the coffin empty one day? (Think Batman or Brion had her moved)
    And there was 'good' alternate future Team Titans Terra who didn't know she had an evil counterpart, though she eventually found out why everyone gave her the funny looks.

And lastly we have the mostly unrelated Atlee Terra... who provided the explanation about who was providing the Markov's their power... and why some of them went bonkers.
    What was the explanation given?

Just have Terra be a younger bad girl without the sex and the chainsmoking, she can still stomp on 14-year~ old Gar's heart without that stuff. If we are soften Slade's culpability it should be alright to do the same with Terra.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What was the explanation given?
    The idea was that the Markov family had gotten a supply of Strata gasses, which they exposed themselves to in-order to gain their powers, he problem is according to Atlee, is that the gas is not meant to be exposed to humans... which is why there is a significant chance of something going wrong. Which in Tara's case made her mentally unstable... and turned Brion's mother or wife (dunno which) into a monster, both cases being explained away as having happened because neither were 'pureblood' Markovs. It's sort of like the Inhumans Teregenesis; expose person to gas, roll a dice and hope for the best. (But I can't remember if there actually was something about the Markov bloodline that stabilized the process or if they just got lucky).

Special note has to be made of Atlee since, despite how she looks human, she was only made to look that way to ease human concerns, since the people of Strata don't look human at all.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 07-07-2016 at 02:14 AM.

The idea was that the Markov family had gotten a supply of Strata gasses, which they exposed themselves to in-order to gain their powers, he problem is according to Atlee, is that the gas is not meant to be exposed to humans... which is why there is a significant chance of something going wrong. Which in Tara's case made her mentally unstable... and turned Brion's mother or wife (dunno which) into a monster, both cases being explained away as having happened because neither were 'pureblood' Markovs. It's sort of like the Inhumans Teregenesis; expose person to gas, roll a dice and hope for the best. (But I can't remember if there actually was something about the Markov bloodline that stabilized the process or if they just got lucky).

Special note has to be made of Atlee since, despite how she looks human, she was only made to look that way to ease human concerns, since the people of Strata don't look human at all.
    IIRC (I might be wrong), Terra was Geo-Force's half sister. Right?