Page 164 of 671 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Titans?
    Yeah, the Titans assuming that was who you were talking about.

Who's complaining they are too immature?

Who's complaining they are too immature?
    I've seen a lot of complaints about them being regressed and too much like how they were written in the past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've seen a lot of complaints about them being regressed and too much like how they were written in the past.
    I guess they kind of are but I don't think it's a bad thing. Most of those characters haven't had any positive progress for at least a decade, so resetting them to their more endearing younger selves isn't so bad IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Past as in pre-52, where they were like 30, or past as in like they're back in the 60's/80's?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I guess they kind of are but I don't think it's a bad thing. Most of those characters haven't had any positive progress for at least a decade, so resetting them to their more endearing younger selves isn't so bad IMO.
    Except for those characters who haven't had any positive progress for at least a decade their younger selves weren't actually that endearing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-24-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    The reason why NTT is a classic is that it was the product of an innovation. I'm pretty sure classic Titans fans were sad at that time but the changes Wolfman/Perez made saved DC.
    Initially, yes, very initially. Early letters when the NTT in-house ads first came out were pretty negative according to Marv Wolfman who eventually became the editor as well as writer of the book. But after a few issues, the tide turned--big time. Within the first 6 months, letters became overwhelmingly positive, to the point of getting bags of mail from fans both old & new raving about NTT (thus mirroring its sky-high sales). Many of those letters in the first 6 months mentioned (and I'm quoting Wolfman here) "us (Titans) challenging X-Men." Little did he and Perez know that same year they would not only challenge Uncanny X-Men, but beat it in sales for months and hold at #1 for much of that year. And battle with X-Men in sales off and on for the next 4 years after that.

Titans needs something like that again.
    There's a healthy debate there. But I think what's actually happened is that the Wolfman/Perez line-up (resolidified with fans thanks to the TT cartoon and its smash success) has become for all intents and purpose THE classic line-up much in the same way that the Justice League's "Magnificent Seven" or the X-Men's classic Claremont line-up is.

Abnett's Titans isn't bad per se but it's fairly "safe". Ben Percy's Kid Flash writing is unnerving and seeing that reset with Damian annoys me.

That being said Titans is in a much better state at the moment. It could be improved for sure but I'm going to take whatever good I can take.
    I can see that and think that's fair. But I also agree the book is good and it's fun and it reads like The Titans. How many years has it been since we were able to say that?

For Titans, I prefer 2 adult Titans groups : 1. Titans of former sidekicks. 2. Titans of non sidekicks like Cyborg, Starfire, Raven and Changeling. For younger heroes, maybe use the titles : Teen Titans (sidekicks) and Young Justice (non sidekicks). Much easier to build a franchise using non sidekick characters.

I don't see how the current Titans are acting immature. They seem more like typical young adults, which they are, then just a bunch of teenagers like the regular Teen Titans.

Except maybe Roy, but without Lian and given what he's gone through it kinda makes sense.

BANNED

Past as in pre-52, where they were like 30, or past as in like they're back in the 60's/80's?

Except for those characters who haven't had any positive progress for at least a decade their younger selves weren't actually that endearing.
    More endearing than their 28 year old selves, though. By 2008 Roy, Donna, Wally and Garth were pretty much dead weight. The awful Titans run by Judd Winick didn't help. They've got a better chance to grow as characters now.

I wonder if they're going to address Garth's reaction to what's going on with Atlantis and Aquaman right now, given I'm assuming his stuff with the Titans is why he's not currently there trying to help...

They are acting better than Barbara. As a 21 year old, I don't think they are too immature.

Man, I'm around the same age as Titans. Feels weird. :P

They are acting better than Barbara. As a 21 year old, I don't think they are too immature.

Man, I'm around the same age as Titans. Feels weird. :P
    LOL, let's not start talking about our ages! I wouldn't be surprised if I was the oldest one here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Initially, yes, very initially. Early letters when the NTT in-house ads first came out were pretty negative according to Marv Wolfman who eventually became the editor as well as writer of the book. But after a few issues, the tide turned--big time. Within the first 6 months, letters became overwhelmingly positive, to the point of getting bags of mail from fans both old & new raving about NTT (thus mirroring its sky-high sales). Many of those letters in the first 6 months mentioned (and I'm quoting Wolfman here) "us (Titans) challenging X-Men." Little did he and Perez know that same year they would not only challenge Uncanny X-Men, but beat it in sales for months and hold at #1 for much of that year. And battle with X-Men in sales off and on for the next 4 years after that.
    It's a given, we react to changes strongly in every aspect of our lives. But one gotta take the risk.

There's a healthy debate there. But I think what's actually happened is that the Wolfman/Perez line-up (resolidified with fans thanks to the TT cartoon and its smash success) has become for all intents and purpose THE classic line-up much in the same way that the Justice League's "Magnificent Seven" or the X-Men's classic Claremont line-up is.
    See, here is the thing; Magnificent Seven works because that's the ultimate point you can reach in DCU. But Titans are young adult community and you have to move on when you grow up. NTT line is stuck in the same place forever. And the cartoon is done for years anyway. People remember Young Justice cartoon's line up a lot more than TT now.

I can see that and think that's fair. But I also agree the book is good and it's fun and it reads like The Titans. How many years has it been since we were able to say that?
    It's the first time for me because I used to avoid Titans when I was a kid. Now I'm very interested in to see where this develops.

See, here is the thing; Magnificent Seven works because that's the ultimate point you can reach in DCU. But Titans are young adult community and you have to move on when you grow up. NTT line is stuck in the same place forever. And the cartoon is done for years anyway. People remember Young Justice cartoon's line up a lot more than TT now.
    Actually TTGo is alive and well, and i think one of CN most successful shows. Not that im advocating for a NTT roster Titans.

On the topic of the Titans' maturity, I kinda wish the Titans had more of an athlete vibe over the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle vibe I'm getting right now. More locker room towel whipping and pre-game (pre-mission) smack talk, but focused when the time comes, less eating pizza and hanging out.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)