Page 201 of 671 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't see this ending well for anyone involved.

And wouldn't this make Donna the second girl on the team Wally's had a romance with? One of the flashbacks in the Rebirth issue showed that he and Lilith once had a thing. Bumblebee might want to watch out .

I do really feel bad for Roy though...
    And then it's Dick the one with womanizing ways also if I remember correctly, him and Lilith were a fling in the old Teen Titans. All these old storylines and I can't get a proper Who is Donna Troy one?

On a brighter side, I finally watched TJC and I'm surprised....

spoilers:
    it was good I really enjoyed Damian this movie and the Dick/Damian dynamic! I liked how he congratuled Dick even if I'm not a fan of the pairing. While I understand why Wolfmann/Perez gave Terra this ruthless cruel personality, I think that I like how Teen Titans/DCAU shows a more human aspect of her, when Garfield talks about Terra that reminded me of the old teen titans show, the 'her name was Terra' one, it really made me sad like when I watched the episode when I was a kid.

I loved Jaime and his family! He's such a good boy, I like him a lot and Raven and Damian's little friendship was everything. Damian's banter with Slade was great 'Hey papa here's your pipe!' and since Donna is here now I don't have any complains except that she should have been on the flashback scene, but I will take any version of her at this point. I think it's the best movie the DCAU has done in a long time.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Just curious, why don't you like Roy and Donna together? I've always thought they made a good couple.
    She's an Amazonian warrior women, from a culture that looks down on man, and Roy is a loser the personifies everything the Amazons look down on. Plus its just so been there done and rather boring. There are other things they could do with Donna then pair her up with Roy again.

You know, despite being different in every other way, Roy DOES have something in common with Peter Parker

Both of their lives are endless spirals of pain and misery, they each had a light to make their lives worth living, and they both had that light taken away...
    Pfft, Roy would be fine if just stopped trying to play superhero. He's not needed, it has not been healthy for him, and he's not very good at it. Maybe instead of running off to play being a poor attempt at a superhero he should have actually been there for his "light".
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-06-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Now I kinda feel bad that Garth is the only member of the team with virtually nothing going on in the romance department.

Dick's got a girlfriend, Karen's married, Roy, Donna, and Wally are getting into a love triangle...but poor Garth's got nothing. He hasn't even gotten to have a real moment with Tula since the reboot .

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    She's an Amazonian warrior women, from culture that looks down on man, and Roy is a loser the personifies everything the Amazons look down on. Plus its just so been there done and rather boring. There are other things they could do with Donna then pair her up with Roy again.
    Well, Donna was never a conventional Amazon...

Pfft, Roy would be fine if he wasn't a superhero. He's not needed, it has not been healthy for him, and he's not very good at it. Maybe instead of running off to play being a poor attempt at a superhero he should have actully been there for his "light".
    I think Roy has more then earned his right to be a hero and moved on from the rougher periods of his career, just as his former mentor has.

Garth is the only member of the team that virtually has nothing going on period.

Well, this can't end well.

Titans #13

Written by DAN ABNETT—Art by V KEN MARION and NORM RAPMUND—Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT—Variant cover by DAN MORA

*Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.

“JUDAS AMONG US”! As Omen begins her investigation into the identity of the team’s traitor, the Titans launch a full assault on H.I.V.E., who they believe hold the key to restoring Bumblebee’s broken mind. Meanwhile, tensions rise when Roy discovers Wally and Donna’s blossoming romance—which threatens to tear the Titans apart!

On sale JULY 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Look at the disgust on their faces. Gold.

Of course, with the solicitation written the way it is, it'll probably amount to nothing. A brief flirtation between Donna and Wally that gets Roy mildly jealous.

Lilith looks pretty peeved in her bed sheets.

Garth is the only member of the team that virtually has nothing going on period.
    No wonder people think he's going to turn out to be the traitor .
    Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Look at the disgust on their faces. Gold.

Of course, with the solicitation written the way it is, it'll probably amount to nothing. A brief flirtation between Donna and Wally that gets Roy mildly jealous.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it just amounts to playful banter between Wally and Donna that riles Roy up.

BANNED

I think Roy has more then earned his right to be a hero and moved on from the rougher periods of his career, just as his former mentor has.
    Agreed. Roy is sort of like the Stephanie Brown of the whole Super Hero community. He's the not the best at anything or really extraordinary in anyway, but he's more than proven himself as a capable hero.

She's an Amazonian warrior women, from a culture that looks down on man, and Roy is a loser the personifies everything the Amazons look down on. Plus its just so been there done and rather boring. There are other things they could do with Donna then pair her up with Roy again.
    If Pre-Crisis Donna could get permission from mama to get married when she was 19, this Donna that has no relationship with the amazons is more than free to do what she wants. And I think the Amazons (And especially Donna) would see Roy's worth in overcoming his past.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    If Pre-Crisis Donna could get permission from mama to get married when she was 19, this Donna that has no relationship with the amazons is more than free to do what she wants. And I think the Amazons (And especially Donna) would see Roy's worth in overcoming his past.
    And to Terry Long of all people .

I don't think Roy would, by comparison, ruffle the Amazons' feathers that much. At least, the more traditional, less irrational man-hating, Amazons.

BANNED

Maybe instead of running off to play being a poor attempt at a superhero he should have actually been there for his "light".
    Don't you dare imply that Roy was a bad father!

roy lian 1.jpg

roy lian 2.jpg

roy lian 3.jpg

Roy was the best father a kid could ask for. There was NOTHING he could have done stop Lian's death, but he sure as Hell did EVERYTHING he had to to get her back.

And to Terry Long of all people .

I don't think Roy would, by comparison, ruffle the Amazons' feathers that much. At least, the more traditional, less irrational man-hating, Amazons.
    Had I have been Hippolyta I'd have said 'no'.

And yeah, I mean, the Amazons did aid Donna's friends in NTT. I don't think they would want Roy's head or anything.

Any self respecting Amazon would cut Roy's balls off as a trophy as soon as he hit on one of them, and if Roy was a half decent father he would have given up trying to be a useless superhero that was not ever needed and accomplished nothing, and he would have actually been there for his daughter. It shouldn't have taken a house to fall on her for him to realize his error. He got what he deserved. Mwhahaha...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-06-2017 at 08:08 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

We all know that Lilith actively investigating who the traitor is means she's obviously the traitor, right?

It's disappointing, and hopefully isn't permanent or anything (I'll be REALLY pissed if it is), but I think at this point it's inevitable.
    Lilith being the one investigating the traitor is the one thing that rules her out and not the others tbqh, unless it's her investigating that leads to her becoming a traitor somehow?

The way this is phrased it makes it look like it's Roy, but my money is still on Garth.

Any self respecting Amazon would cut Roy's balls off as a trophy as soon as he hit on one of them, and if Roy was a half decent father he would have given up trying to be a useless superhero that was not ever needed and accomplished nothing, and he would have actually been there for his daughter. It shouldn't have taken a house to fall on her for him to realize his error. He got what he deserved. Mwhahaha...
    Remember how, upon becoming a parent or finding out they were parents, characters like Batman, Aquaman, Tempest, and Superman stopped being superheroes? No?

Remember when Roy Harper did? Yep.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 04-06-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Well Roy is a piece of crap and I'd love for Donna to be rid of him since he is such a big loser, but I get the feeling this is a bait and switch. I wouldn't mind Wally/Donna that much if Abnett didn't spend so much time setting up Linda. People will be upset if there isn't more payoff with that. Also he had Wally and Lilith be a thing in this version of the Titans' past. Kind of feels like he doesn't know where to go with Wally a bit.

Honestly, the only relationship I want to see Donna explore is her friendship with Dick. It is criminal that the two have barely interacted. I still think Dick is Donna's closest friend, but the two haven't even had a conversation together. I mean Donna's last on panel conversation before getting erased in Flashpoint was with Dick in their JL book which was really touching. It would be amazing if they eventually reference that if their memories of it return.