Page 221 of 671 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 10059
    BANNED

Anyone else think it's possible that, during TLC, it will be revealed that Nu Wally isn't actually related to the West family and Wally West isn't his real name? I can see that happening, and it would help explain his abandonment of the Titans and Flash books and joining up with Deathstroke.

Amazing Member

I don't really see the point when Johns went through the effort of fitting both Wallys neaty into the West family. Plus the fact that Wally is related to Daniel is a big part of his story in the Flash.

Astonishing Member

Is it odd that in all the Rebirth goings on I'm sitting here wondering if the unknown character/Titan named Dustin will ever be mentioned again?

Way back when the New 52 was beginning Roy mentioned the name in Red Hood and the Outlaws when listing out the names of the Titans to Starfire.

I doubt it'll ever be brought again admittedly.

And yeah I REALLY doubt DC would bother separating Wally II from the Flash family, there's no need for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I don't really see the point when Johns went through the effort of fitting both Wallys neaty into the West family. Plus the fact that Wally is related to Daniel is a big part of his story in the Flash.
    I'm fine with NuWally being a West, but I think they should come up with a way to stop calling him "Wally". So long as he has that name, it's just going to confuse new readers why there are two Wally's running around, and keep people who haven't come around to liking NuWally's new personality just BECAUSE he isn't their Wally, from not hating him.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Cool cover

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Because of the art I can't tell if the 2 Wally's are supposed to be fighting each other on that cover or just fighting Deathstroke.
    In light of Wally II joining Slade post-LC, you have to wonder...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Is it odd that in all the Rebirth goings on I'm sitting here wondering if the unknown character/Titan named Dustin will ever be mentioned again?

Way back when the New 52 was beginning Roy mentioned the name in Red Hood and the Outlaws when listing out the names of the Titans to Starfire.

I doubt it'll ever be brought again admittedly.

And yeah I REALLY doubt DC would bother separating Wally II from the Flash family, there's no need for it.
    No there's a massive need to not have 2 characters with the exact same name running around because that's really confusing and inconvenient. It's not far fetched that they'd come up with a plan to give him a new name to avoid confusion.

Astonishing Member

No there's a massive need to not have 2 characters with the exact same name running around because that's really confusing and inconvenient. It's not far fetched that they'd come up with a plan to give him a new name to avoid confusion.
    Isn't the obvious that one could be called Wallace and one be Wally or so forth? They don't necessarilly have to have a different name.

If fans can grasp having multiple Flashes' like we have with TitansWally and Barry, I doubt having the same name in a civilian identity will throw folks off much.

Anyone else think it's possible that, during TLC, it will be revealed that Nu Wally isn't actually related to the West family and Wally West isn't his real name? I can see that happening, and it would help explain his abandonment of the Titans and Flash books and joining up with Deathstroke.
    Although I should do could should do that, they have already retconned his father into being new 52 Daniel west reverse flash in rebirth and it would be strange for them to change it twice so quickly. The only option is if they changed Daniel West's lineage.
    They could do this though even if they just retconned him, as they did retconned Superman twice in a year so.....
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

BANNED

Isn't the obvious that one could be called Wallace and one be Wally or so forth? They don't necessarilly have to have a different name.

If fans can grasp having multiple Flashes' like we have with TitansWally and Barry, I doubt having the same name in a civilian identity will throw folks off much.
    Hehe, so between the continuities, we'd have Wally West, Walter West, and Wallace West...I dig it XD

The confusion we bring up isn't for long time fans, but for new readers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Hehe, so between the continuities, we'd have Wally West, Walter West, and Wallace West...I dig it XD

The confusion we bring up isn't for long time fans, but for new readers.
    Honestly given I have Elementary school kids able to tell me the difference between some characters I really don't think new readers get as confused as folks think.

And the few who do aren't likely to bother with a series anyway.

BANNED

No, both of them are technically named Wallace West so it's still bloody confusing. Having 2 Flashes or a million GLs works because they have unique civilian names we can refer to them as. No longtime fan refers to Hal Jordan or John Stewart as just Green Lantern anymore. As long as both New and Old Wally have the same name there's a problem. It prevents them from appearing in stories together because of confusion and it gets in the way of discussions as well.

I don't care how they do it but the kid still needs a new name.

Astonishing Member

No, both of them are technically named Wallace West so it's still bloody confusing. Having 2 Flashes or a million GLs works because they have unique civilian names we can refer to them as. No longtime fan refers to Hal Jordan or John Stewart as just Green Lantern anymore. As long as both New and Old Wally have the same name there's a problem. It prevents them from appearing in stories together because of confusion and it gets in the way of discussions as well.

I don't care how they do it but the kid still needs a new name.
    "It prevents them from appearing in stories together"
    Even though they've already done so once and will likely be doing it more and more without any real issue? What prevents them in any way? Flash, Flash, Flash and Flash saved the day! Technically even just that NuWally is Kid Flash gives him a name the other Wally's not using.

Wally Flash and Wally Kid Flash! It's not nearly as complicated as you're trying to make it. Heck we've already had two Iris West's between Flash!Wally's daughter and Aunt.

"gets in the way of discussions as well"
    Because clarifiying which Wally is so more complicated? Fans'll always make ways to differentiate similar characters. Look at all the Superdad Nuperman discussions Rebirth launched without any real issue.

Yeah, I doubt they'll ever do anything with that, but for all we know, it could be like Gnarrk's totally-not-a-caveman name.

And about kid Wally, yeah, he's definitely not going to be unWested. Now see, the interesting thing is, kid Wally is the Wallace Rudolph West in Rebirth, whereas Wally is just Wallace West (I think, unless he's also a Rudolph like before which'll complicate things). So I guess kid Wally can just become Rudolph... or Rudy or something.

I don't think it's as confusing as some people think.
    I mean... who's going to confuse the two of them?

It's like having two friends named James. When you talk to someone about one James, they usually know which one you're talking about by your use of context.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I don't think it's as confusing as some people think.
    I mean... who's going to confuse the two of them?

It's like having two friends named James. When you talk to someone about one James, they usually know which one you're talking about by your use of context.
    Do these James' also have the same exact last name and superpower ?