Page 327 of 671 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In another world Phil Jimenez writes a Wonder Girls book starring Donna and Cassie.
    I wish, but when I asked Phil if there was any chance of him returning to a Wondy title he said “slim to none”

Mighty Member

Damage was in Johns' JSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Johns didn't use him in his TT run. He used him in his second JSA run, which, while I mostly like, definitely had some problematic elements, and Grant's derailment was one of them.

Also, unlike Wolfman, Grayson was very clearly a fan of Grant so that almost certainly contributed to his better writing. His relationship with Roy is also really well done there.
    Ahhhh, I haven't read JSA yet. Like I said, I'll definitely keep an open mind in the future, but as it stands I'm not a fan and Roy was right to kick him to the curb.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    There are still no news about who's gonna portrait Beast Boy in Titans 2018? it's been weeks already and the deadline for him is over, I guess?
    I'm guessing they are having trouble finding the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I wish, but when I asked Phil if there was any chance of him returning to a Wondy title he said “slim to none”
    To be fair, Rucka probably would have said the same thing a few years ago.

BANNED

I liked her mini-series, I felt it could have been better, but for a 6 issues mini it was okay.
    We've talked about this before, but for me, the only redeeming quality about that book was Anita and Cissie's presence.

I liked David’s take on Cassie, though I think Eric Luke’s and Jimenez did a nice job with her when she showed up in the Wondy comics, Rucka had a solid grasp on her as well imo.
    If for no other reason but Cassie, I really should read more Wonder Woman. The most of Cassie I've seen in Diana's book is her early days with Byrne, and while Byrne is most definitely not someone I want to be handing out praise to, I do really like Cassie's initial characterization.

We've talked about this before, but for me, the only redeeming quality about that book was Anita and Cissie's presence.

If for no other reason but Cassie, I really should read more Wonder Woman. The most of Cassie I've seen in Diana's book is her early days with Byrne, and while Byrne is most definitely not someone I want to be handing out praise to, I do really like Cassie's initial characterization.
    You still haven't read Rucka's first run

I think the mini was solid for something that was post that awful, awful Amazons Attack nonsense, and I liked that it was focused on her and that's why I didn't mind that Tim had little presence to the end, I think Hercules was annoying, and I wish Donna had appeared (Though, I don't know what she was doing at the time of the comic, did Countdown happen around that time?) but it focused a bit on Cassie's relationship with her mother (and I consider the relationship there being way better written than in the Wonder Girl one-shot) and it made Diana and Cassie being in good terms again at the end, though Diana's was a bit...weird, mainly because I don't see Diana as the person who would tell Cassie "go away, I'm busy" and because her speech at the end was a bit...thanks for nothing . But you have to take what you can take.

I liked Byrne's original characterization a lot too, even if I really wouldn't want Byrne to touch Cassie again, creator or not -- because that would make me support the comic, I think Luke's characterization was decent when she showed up, but out of all the authors, Jimenez is the one I like the most, because he writes Cassie as a bit impulsive but very intelligent.

RCO020.jpg

And this is a random note, but Cassie comforting Diana in the 'Who was Donna Troy' one shot is one of my favorite scenes

RCO043_1480063006.jpg

BANNED

You still haven't read Rucka's first run
    I'll get to it!

I liked Byrne's original characterization a lot too, even if I really wouldn't want Byrne to touch Cassie again, creator or not -- because that would make me support the comic, I think Luke's characterization was decent when she showed up, but out of all the authors, Jimenez is the one I like the most, because he writes Cassie as a bit impulsive but very intelligent.
    Yeah, same deal with Dixon and Tim and Steph. (Yes I know Wolfman created Tim, but Dixon should count as well IMO) People can say what they want about Waid being overly preachy nowadays, but his writing is still good, and the views he preaches aren't appalling like some of Dixon's and ESPECIALLY Byrne's. I'd be perfectly fine with him writing Bart again.

I'll try to get some Jimenez stuff after Rucka.

I'll get to it!

Yeah, same deal with Dixon and Tim and Steph. (Yes I know Wolfman created Tim, but Dixon should count as well IMO) People can say what they want about Waid being overly preachy nowadays, but his writing is still good, and the views he preaches aren't appalling like some of Dixon's and ESPECIALLY Byrne's. I'd be perfectly fine with him writing Bart again.

I'll try to get some Jimenez stuff after Rucka.
    I think Waid's handle of Champions is a bit...meh, I might be biased because I don't really like how he writes Amadeus if you compare it with this Pak's Totally Awesome Hulk. I might check the post-Hydra Cap book written by him, just in case. I'd definitely welcome Waid back to DC in any book, though, I feel a guy like him with a vast knowledge of the DCU shouldn't be working for Marvel, I don't know if he'd be down for it though, I've heard he's very...volatile and he doesn't like DiDio at all (with perfectly good reasons).

BANNED

I think Waid's handle of Champions is a bit...meh, I might be biased because I don't really like how he writes Amadeus if you compare it with this Pak's Totally Awesome Hulk. I might check the post-Hydra Cap book written by him, just in case. I'd definitely welcome Waid back to DC in any book, though, I feel a guy like him with a vast knowledge of the DCU shouldn't be working for Marvel, I don't know if he'd be down for it though, I've heard he's very...volatile and he doesn't like DiDio at all (with perfectly good reasons).
    Kamala, Viv and Scott are the only Champions I've read a significant amount of outside of Champions so I'm obviously not the best judge of how Miles, Sam and Amadeus have been presented, but I like what we've gotten. (I'l get to Totally Awesome Hulk eventually.)

And while I do still enjoy Champions, it is at this point at the bottom of my 5 Marvel pulls. (USG, ANW, Ms. Marvel and Runaways being the ones beating it out)

I think his Champions is okay even if there are times where it's obvious Waid struggles with writing teenagers and espousing the Champions' mission statement in a non-heavy handed way and that there's not much he can do with characters who pretty much all have their own solo books.

Waid is very passionate and I gather there's probably still some ill will towards Didio. But he and Johns are also close, so that seems to be how he still has some connection to DC (like Rucka).

I am definitely going to check out his new Cap run, if only because Steve's finally really back and I trust Waid with Cap more then I would most anyone.

BANNED

I am definitely going to check out his new Cap run, if only because Steve's finally really back and I trust Waid with Cap more then I would most anyone.
    I kinda want to try it...but even with the explanation given in the Generation issue, I'm still kinda irked about Sam not being Cap anymore.

I kinda want to try it...but even with the explanation given in the Generation issue, I'm still kinda irked about Sam not being Cap anymore.
    I really don't know how I feel about that Generations issue. It was just kind of weird.

I admit my bias in being happy that Steve is Cap again even if it's coming at the expense of Sam getting demoted, but I did like him as Falcon anyways so ...

I would totally recommend checking out his new Falcon book (I thought it was a pretty solid start for the title)

BANNED

I would totally recommend checking out his new Falcon book (I thought it was a pretty solid start for the title)
    Despite my grievances, THAT I do plan on checking out, especially since I'm dropping a number of DC's books. (Dear lord I may be reading more Marvel than DC soon)

Despite my grievances, THAT I do plan on checking out, especially since I'm dropping a number of DC's books. (Dear lord I may be reading more Marvel than DC soon)
    Heh. It always evens out for me depending on what they're doing .

I’ve actually dropped a few marvel books, mainly because..the pricing turns me off a lot. But I have to pick a few trades, because I’ve heard nothing but good things of Ms. marvel, but haven’t read it yet.

Yeah, same deal with Dixon and Tim and Steph. (Yes I know Wolfman created Tim, but Dixon should count as well IMO) People can say what they want about Waid being overly preachy nowadays, but his writing is still good, and the views he preaches aren't appalling like some of Dixon's and ESPECIALLY Byrne's. I'd be perfectly fine w
    The only thing that annoys me of Waid (writting wise), is how he writes Peter Parker, the rest lf his work is pretty much meh this days. Also i would count Alan Grant too when it comes to creating Tim.