Page 333 of 671 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It'd be unrealistic for people NOT to hate Damian the way Percy has, by his own admission, rolled Damian back.
    His WORST mistake. This is not the Beast Boy that I remember, his few words are against Damian..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    With his hater Beast Boy is enough, he seems another character.. and then Kid Flash, who wants heard the word SORRY of Damian for return to the team(you can stay out).. Two haters of Damian in this team..
    Every single one of the current team could rip Damian in half if their power sets and levels were even partially respected, yet now we are once again being presented with with colossal amount of bat-wank that makes all the non bat characters looks like incompetent children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Every single one of the current team could rip Damian in half if their power sets and levels were even partially respected, yet now we are once again being presented with with colossal amount of bat-wank that makes all the non bat characters looks like incompetent children.
    The fact that Damian can solo them not only presents these characters as VASTLY weaker than their classic counterparts (There really isn't ANYTHING Damian should be able to do to Kory, let alone the others) but kinda presents this as the weakest team of Titans we've ever seen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    With his hater Beast Boy is enough, he seems another character.. and then Kid Flash, who wants heard the word SORRY of Damian for return to the team(you can stay out).. Two haters of Damian in this team..
    Oh please... Damian would be a pretty boring character if everyone worshipped the ground he walked on. Characters shouldn't be (and thankfully aren't) disqualified just because they have a justifiable issue with someone who doesn't work well with others.

Ugh. This is still my last issue of TT one way or the other, but I really hope Emi still plays a major role in this issue.
    It's possible I suppose that the story has changed since the original solicitation. Emi might be saved for a later date or the story might be played out over more than one issue. We'll see, I guess.

Fantastic Member

I just want to be done with the Kid Flash storyline all ready; I want to move on.

The whole logic of this storyline makes no sense to me, so Damian has to apologise to someone who was dumb enough to get into a car with some random dude because he thought he had a nice car, and then got his powers stolen by a villain who could use those powers to destroy time and space and almost did an then finally he joins forces with said villain who is now an anti-hero(?) sort of but is still an unrepentant murder.

But Damian is wrong though? Damian does not work well with others but him being completely wrong about Kid Flash is BS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I just want to be done with the Kid Flash storyline all ready; I want to move on.

The whole logic of this storyline makes no sense to me, so Damian has to apologise to someone who was dumb enough to get into a car with some random dude because he thought he had a nice car, and then got his powers stolen by a villain who could use those powers to destroy time and space and almost did an then finally he joins forces with said villain who is now an anti-hero(?) sort of but is still an unrepentant murder.

But Damian is wrong though? Damian does not work well with others but him being completely wrong about Kid Flash is BS.
    When the first issue came out, yeah, I was right there calling NuWally out on his idiocy. However, by the last issue of the crossover, NuWally was the only one acting like a hero. In contrast, Damian's actions, OOC as some of them may have been, presented him as anything but. I will always say that Deathstroke being allowed to stay active in itself is incredibly stupid and no one dislikes the character more than me, but I could see NuWally thinking that he may have changed. Now I have no idea what's gone on with Defiance but it seems just from this that NuWally realized that there was no redemption for Slade Wilson, and by extension, grew from the experience.

I do not like NuWally. I am not a fan of NuWally. The same can be said for me of Damian.

But based on the story being presented here, one of these characters has screwed up, faced consequences and grown from the experience, while the other hasn't faced any consequences for his actions and not worked on bettering himself.

It should be clear which of those characters has more of a place.

Fantastic Member

When the first issue came out, yeah, I was right there calling NuWally out on his idiocy. However, by the last issue of the crossover, NuWally was the only one acting like a hero. In contrast, Damian's actions, OOC as some of them may have been, presented him as anything but. I will always say that Deathstroke being allowed to stay active in itself is incredibly stupid and no one dislikes the character more than me, but I could see NuWally thinking that he may have changed. Now I have no idea what's gone on with Defiance but it seems just from this that NuWally realized that there was no redemption for Slade Wilson, and by extension, grew from the experience.

I do not like NuWally. I am not a fan of NuWally. The same can be said for me of Damian.

But based on the story being presented here, one of these characters has screwed up, faced consequences and grown from the experience, while the other hasn't faced any consequences for his actions and not worked on bettering himself.

It should be clear which of those characters has more of a place.
    The thing that annoys me most about this title is that we know what is going to happen Wally is going to be back on the team Damian is going to apologise or not, Wally is still going to stay and then right after this we are going to get the Super Sons/Superman crossover where we know the tower is going to be destroyed.

There is no staus quo that the reader can latch on to before things start changing it is why I don't buy Titans caring so much about Wally being fired he is off the team by the first annual up to that point we don't see meaniful interactions between him and the team.

This book is in crossover hell, as a result, no character besides Damian and Aqualad have had an Arc where we get explore the character and see what they are about. Jon is going to get more focus in this book than Raven or Starfire or Beast Boy since this entire series has started.
    Last edited by reni344; 10-20-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Mighty Member

I will add to what Assam is saying: it doesn't really matter who was right. The issue is that Damian kicked Wally of the team (unilaterally, I might add). This isn't the Justice League. It isn't the best of the best. The Teen Titans exists as a place teen heroes can come together and grow. They will make mistakes, but they learn from them and grow from them. Wally II is one of the newest heroes out there and to expect him to have perfect judgement is ridiculous (Damian has made plenty of mistakes of his own after all). By firing Wally, he basically robbed Wally of that chance to grow and to have a safe space to do it. What's more is he violated what the Teen Titans is supposed to be about, hence Gar's frustrations with him (let's not forget, before Damian fired Wally, Gar was actually one of Damian's advocates). He also did this without consulting the rest of his team, alienating them. He screwed up because of how he handled the Wally II situation, not just because of anything to do with The Lazarus Contract itself.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    The thing that annoys me most about this title is that we know what is going to happen Wally is going to be back on the team Damian is going to apalogise or not, Wally is still going to stay and then right after this we are going to get the Super Sons/Superman crossover where we know the tower is going to be destroyed.

Nothing in this book can exist for more than 2 issues without something else happening to tear down what just happened I don't think the Titans caring so much about Wally being fired is earned he is off the team by the first annual up to that point we don't see meaniful interactions explaining why they care so much.

Beast Boy harps on it but we can chalk that up to him not liking Damian. Aqualad talks about it and he barely knew him. I think what annoys me most is that there are no meaningful interactions between the Teen Titans members to make me understand why they care so much.
    Agreed on that front, the closest that I've seen the Titans be is with the Super-Sons/Teen Titans line-up, but other than that? Nah, I wouldn't even call them friends. To be honest, I think that this is going to be where Damian learns how to "forgive" which is honestly BS because if someone knows about forgiveness and redemption is Damian Wayne (see Robin: Son of Batman where Maya says his R stands for Redemption.). Personally, the whole arc is ridiculous and an aftermath of Lazarus Contract where Damian's character was damaged the most (other than Wally with the pacemaker bs), so I'll just skim through the pages until we get the Supersons/Teen Titans/Superman crossover, and I'm kind of wary of how Percy will touch the topic when it comes.

I just can't stand Beast Boy. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a scene with him in it. I'd love if they replaced him with someone else. He is somehow diminished without his epic bromance with Vic.He doesn't get any of those hard hitting emotional scenes any more. He's solely used as "comic relief", which mainly consists of him being a sleazy pervert* or a whiny butthole.

*this was always a part of his character but it used to feel more like a defence mechanism to detract from serious issues he was dealing with.

It'd be unrealistic for people NOT to hate Damian the way Percy has, by his own admission, rolled Damian back.
    Fair point. I still love Damian but still you make a totally valid point. Damian had a very abrasive debut. Percy isn't doing a whole lot to convert non fans or attract new ones

Damian was 100% right in firing Wally he sided with a villain. Twice. He put everyone and the world at risk and all for selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian was 100% right in firing Wally he sided with a villain. Twice. He put everyone and the world at risk and all for selfish reasons.
    Saving a life (no matter how terrible Slade is) hardly counts as being selfish, I’d say NuWally was the only one acting heroic at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I will add to what Assam is saying: it doesn't really matter who was right. The issue is that Damian kicked Wally of the team (unilaterally, I might add). This isn't the Justice League. It isn't the best of the best. The Teen Titans exists as a place teen heroes can come together and grow. They will make mistakes, but they learn from them and grow from them. Wally II is one of the newest heroes out there and to expect him to have perfect judgement is ridiculous (Damian has made plenty of mistakes of his own after all). By firing Wally, he basically robbed Wally of that chance to grow and to have a safe space to do it. What's more is he violated what the Teen Titans is supposed to be about, hence Gar's frustrations with him (let's not forget, before Damian fired Wally, Gar was actually one of Damian's advocates). He also did this without consulting the rest of his team, alienating them. He screwed up because of how he handled the Wally II situation, not just because of anything to do with The Lazarus Contract itself.
    Has wally apologised for his part in the world nearly ending or foe betraying them. How has he sort to make amends.?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Saving a life (no matter how terrible Slade is) hardly counts as being selfish, I’d say NuWally was the only one acting heroic at the moment.
    No he wasn't you don't trade one person for the world

Anyone hoping that Percy is going to take Damian down a peg you need to drop this title because that's not going to happen and you are just paying good money to have someone mwahaha in your face. It is what it is Percy has made it clear over and over where his interest lies. It would be great to have a team book but Percy has no interest in that