Page 335 of 671 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I wouldn't say it isn't meeting my expectations. Percy's run, though not nearly as strong as his Green Arrow run, has been much better than any Teen Titans run we've had in a long while. And his strategy of having arcs center around one particular character makes sense. A more stable status quo and team bonding time would help things enormously, but I'm not willing to have the title tossed to another writer who might not do any better.
    That’s a good point.

Personally, I don’t have problems with the lineup other than Wolfmann’s Titans, I think Damian leading the Titans is long-due and this is the place where he can “grow” (Supersons is more about Jon developing as a hero with Damian’s relucient help) as a hero. After all, he is the son of Batman I’d kill for having Maya Ducard on the team, though, but for that I’d need to have Gleason on the title (thing that I wouldn’t complain)

My stellar lineup would be: Damian, KF (yes, because Damian needs a foil), Red Arrow, Maya Ducard and if we were in pre-Flashpoint...Colin ( ) and written by Gleason because I think he’s the one that gets Damian the most (Tomasi a close second). I just don’t think it’s fair to regress Damian’s character for the sake of the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

My stellar lineup would be: Damian, KF (yes, because Damian needs a foil), Red Arrow, Maya Ducard and if we were in pre-Flashpoint...Colin ( ) and written by Gleason because I think he’s the one that gets Damian the most (Tomasi a close second). I just don’t think it’s fair to regress Damian’s character for the sake of the book.
    It also isn't fair for Teen Titans to be Damian's solo (Super Sons is still more than most characters have), and while that's what a lot of this run has felt like, your line-up would only make that worse IMO. I love Emi and I like Colin, but everyone you put on that team is there specifically because of how they play/could play off Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It also isn't fair for Teen Titans to be Damian's solo (Super Sons is still more than most characters have), and while that's what a lot of this run has felt like, your line-up would only make that worse IMO. I love Emi and I like Colin, but everyone you put on that team is there specifically because of how they play/could play off Damian.
    Fair point I just ran out of names, because I have no idea how many young teen superheroes exist at the moment (Damian, Jon, Emi, Wally and Aqualad? I think I’m missing someone). Though for me it would be better/easier that they are all contemporaries, because having the 13 year old shouting orders feels weird, but Jackson isn’t enough like his YJTV counterpart to take the lead, which I felt it would also help Damian’s character in sense of character growth imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Fair point I just ran out of names, because I have no idea how many young teen superheroes exist at the moment (Damian, Jon, Emi, Wally and Aqualad? I think I’m missing someone). Though for me it would be better/easier that they are all contemporaries, because having the 13 year old shouting orders feels weird, but Jackson isn’t enough like his YJTV counterpart to take the lead, which I felt it would also help Damian’s character in sense of character growth imo.
    Hence why my Titans idea would be about bringing back great teen heroes that DC just discarded.

As for Damian's "generation", he doesn't actually have one. Emiko, Jackson, and NuWally are all in the YJ generation's age range. It's just him, Jon and when Gleason is around, Maya. It'd be bigger if DC hadn't erased all their damn kids from existence. Lian Harper, Ceridan, Irey and Jai West, Sin, Colin, hell, she's basically the only one that wasn't erased; give Milagro a GL ring while we're at it; THAT would be a great team for Damian.

EDIT: Also Maxine Baker. She wasn't erased either and she'd make a good addition.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hence why my Titans idea would be about bringing back great teen heroes that DC just discarded.

As for Damian's "generation", he doesn't actually have one. Emiko, Jackson, and NuWally are all in the YJ generation's age range. It's just him, Jon and when Gleason is around, Maya. It'd be bigger if DC hadn't erased all their damn kids from existence. Lian Harper, Ceridan, Irey and Jai West, Sin, Colin, hell, she's basically the only one that wasn't erased; give Milagro a GL ring while we're at it; THAT would be a great team for Damian.

EDIT: Also Maxine Baker. She wasn't erased either and she'd make a good addition.
    Ummm no...Jackson, Emiko, and Wally II are in the same age range as Jon when compared to Damian. It's a three year difference (although technically, Emiko and Wally II were aged up. Both were prepubescent when they were originally introduced). There is no reason not to include them in Damian generation, other than personal preference.

Anyway, from a sales perspective it makes sense to keep many of the Wolfman Titans around. Personally, I don't really understand the obsession with aging Raven and Beast Boy up. I get they are younger than they previously were, but there is a lot of potential in telling stories with them at their current age. It just has to be taken advantage of.

Ummm no...Jackson, Emiko, and Wally II are in the same age range as Jon when compared to Damian. It's a three year difference (although technically, Emiko and Wally II were aged up. Both were prepubescent when they were originally introduced). There is no reason not to include them in Damian generation, other than personal preference.

Anyway, from a sales perspective it makes sense to keep many of the Wolfman Titans around. Personally, I don't really understand the obsession with aging Raven and Beast Boy up. I get they are younger than they previously were, but there is a lot of potential in telling stories with them at their current age. It just has to be taken advantage of.
    Yeah, agreed it makes sense sales-wise, but I just don’t think the Teen Titans is the proper place for them to grow, maybe Titans would suit better but they would need to have a stronger grasp of the team before introducing new members. I personally would love seeing Raven in a Justice League Dark title.

BANNED

I'm aware that, when they were introduced, Emiko and NuWally were younger. Like Damian though, they were aged up, both now very clearly being in the mid-teens. Jackson as well is in his mid-teens. Until an editorial that lets the 2nd and 3rd generations get older shows up, the YJ generation will ALSO be the generation in their mid-teens.

Personally, I don't really understand the obsession with aging Raven and Beast Boy up. I get they are younger than they previously were, but there is a lot of potential in telling stories with them at their current age. It just has to be taken advantage of.
    For me, it's part just not wanting the characters here, part ONLY liking Beast Boy when he's older and more mature (Only recently did I realize how much Beast Boy generally seems like Xander Harris) and partly my hatred for the story moving backward; see my main and secondary reasons respectively that I dislike Hal and Barry's returns, as well as the very concept of a total reboot.

I was probably one of the few who didn't have anything against the current roster being what it is even if it was weird seeing Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy stuck on a Titans team with Damian (even if it's for synergy).

I don't think Percy has been as bad about Damian as others do, at least up until we got to Lazarus Contract, but Damian is the kind of overbearing and dominant personality that can be difficult to manage or balance-out in a team book. Especially when he's paired with some of the biggest names in the Titans. But it probably would have been an issue with whatever roster you put Damian on.

I also don't think the crossovers breaking the books momentum helped any.

BANNED

I wouldn't say it isn't meeting my expectations. Percy's run, though not nearly as strong as his Green Arrow run, has been much better than any Teen Titans run we've had in a long while. And his strategy of having arcs center around one particular character makes sense. A more stable status quo and team bonding time would help things enormously, but I'm not willing to have the title tossed to another writer who might not do any better.
    I'd argue it was stronger under Will Pfeifer, the teamwork was there, noone appeared to be put above the others and the idea of TT as social-media stars was an interesting backdrop. But it felt like his run was derailed by other people... specifically someone's need for Teen Titans to yet again be the book that had to make space to somehow fix Superboy and again drive them back into the X-Men like state where everyone hated them that Lobdell thought was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I'd argue it was stronger under Will Pfeifer, the teamwork was there, noone appeared to be put above the others and the idea of TT as social-media stars was an interesting backdrop. But it felt like his run was derailed by other people... specifically someone's need for Teen Titans to yet again be the book that had to make space to somehow fix Superboy and again drive them back into the X-Men like state where everyone hated them that Lobdell thought was a good idea.
    When I recall Pfeifer I recall Manchester Black becoming to that book what Damian is now .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When I recall Pfeifer I recall Manchester Black becoming to that book what Damian is now .
    The advantage there was that we knew Black was a villain and that eventually we'd get to see someone punch him in the face... how likely are we to see any of the Titans kicking the crap out of Damian?

The advantage there was that we knew Black was a villain and that eventually we'd get to see someone punch him in the face... how likely are we to see any of the Titans kicking the crap out of Damian?
    Eh, I could see it happening .

BANNED

Eh, I could see it happening .
    I could as well, and I do hope it happens. But right now Garfield is all mouth, Jackson, Kori and Raven are all wearing kid-gloves. And I dont see any of that changing

I could as well, and I do hope it happens. But right now Garfield is all mouth, Jackson, Kori and Raven are all wearing kid-gloves. And I dont see any of that changing
    Well, Kori won't hit him because it's not her style and she could probably pulverize him in one punch .

The other Titans except maybe Gar aren't really the confrontational types, though the image of Raven socking someone actually seems kind of amusing.

Wally probably won't do it because he's matured and so he can take the "high ground."

Emiko though...I could totally see her doing it.

BANNED

Well, Kori won't hit him because it's not her style and she could probably pulverize him in one punch .

The other Titans except maybe Gar aren't really the confrontational types, though the image of Raven socking someone actually seems kind of amusing.

Wally probably won't do it because he's matured and so he can take the "high ground."

Emiko though...I could totally see her doing it.
    Old Kory would, because she had a temper back then.

Raven I sort of consider to have the in-built option where she can actually get away clean with it. Like if she turns south one day... or you can do a TTG thing and give her the demonic flue where a random black tentacle occasionally just lashes out at nearby people... kinda like the demon-squid that lived in her tooth in TTG.