Page 339 of 671 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 10059

So...I guess Imperiex is coming back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Here's the preview for Titans #17 for those interested.

The "future" is about as terrible as you'd expect it to be.
    The art in that preview looks good same artist from Titans Annual should be permanent artist for this book, I’m glad Donna in this arc is getting some focus this book been to much about Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...I guess Imperiex is coming back ?
    So we'll finally get a villain worthy of the team!

I really hope Abnett changes gears and starts treating this team and this book like another Justice League. When over half the roster were ex-JLA members before the reboot, you'd think they'd get more respect. I'm also not really a fan of implying Dick stops being Nightwing to go be Batman again. It was one thing to say Dick was filling in in 'Tec, it's another to say Dick dies at the hands of the Joker in this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

When over half the roster were ex-JLA members before the reboot, you'd think they'd get more respect.
    Poor Garth is the only one of the Fab5 who never got to join, on account of being dead when a bunch of additions happened. (Thanks again Johns )

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I'm also not really a fan of implying Dick stops being Nightwing to go be Batman again. It was one thing to say Dick was filling in in 'Tec, it's another to say Dick dies at the hands of the Joker in this book.
    I know Dick fans obviously won't find it funny, but I do find it amusing that in the span of a month, we have two separate alternate futures where DickBats is shown to not be a good idea.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Dick always was better as an individual than another one of Bruce's clones. In 'Tec none of the Robin's are good batmen though, maybe after Bruce it should be retired...

I'm fine with Troia implying that all these bad things happen to the Titans. It's obviously meant to be a bad timeline that will likely never happen - probably BECAUSE Troia is trying to make it happen.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Poor Garth is the only one of the Fab5 who never got to join, on account of being dead when a bunch of additions happened. (Thanks again Johns )

I know Dick fans obviously won't find it funny, but I do find it amusing that in the span of a month, we have two separate alternate futures where DickBats is shown to not be a good idea.
    At least he was a big part of The Obsidian Age, he was a big help at that time. It kinda sucks he never was an official part of Dick's JL at the time. Wish all that was canon again, too.

And I definitely don't find it funny in this book, because again, it's literally cheapening these characters. Basically, the team is a second-rate JL that doesn't have the respect of its mentors nor its sister team in the Teen Titans, and the two most notable members of the team are comprised of one guy who is still on his way to graduating to Batman and will die and another guy who's literally dead right now. Dick led two (criminally short) generations of the JLA on top of the Outsiders and various iterations of the Titans, while Wally was THE Flash and a JLA mainstay. This book is written like it's starring the Teen Titans, and I guess I really just can't take it anymore.

Sorry for the short rant, lol.

Edit: Also, completely forgot to mention, the whole point of being Nightwing again after all the development Dick went through in Grayson was that he is "Better than Batman" now. Just another reason why this is upsetting to me, lol.

At this point, I'm actually thinking Abnett might've been the better writer for the Teen Titans book, and that maybe Percy would've been better suited to the Titans book, smh.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 11-05-2017 at 04:51 PM.

I never watched the 2003 animated Teen Titans series, except maybe an episode here and there. And now it seems like the only thing to be found is the too-silly-for-me Teen Titans Go! Can anyone that watched it speak to whether or not the original series is worthwhile? And whether there's a way to watch it, if so?

Did the original series stick to the same 5 characters that are in TT Go! or did they include other Titans characters? I'd be especially interested in watching episodes that feature other Titans characters beyond Robin, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, and Cyborg. I guess I can answer that last question for myself with very little internet searching.

But hopefully someone here can tell me if there's a way to watch it and whether or not it's worth watching for someone that loves the Teen Titans but not TT Go!

Except nothing was shown.

He probably would have brought him back in his Aquaman run pre-Flashpoint, if it had happened.

Though of course he also teased Garth in his New 52 run as well.

It doesn't seem like any of the Robins are capable of being Batman indefinitely.

Suddenly Terry McGinnis mentioning how he was never a Robin seems like a good thing...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I never watched the 2003 animated Teen Titans series, except maybe an episode here and there. And now it seems like the only thing to be found is the too-silly-for-me Teen Titans Go! Can anyone that watched it speak to whether or not the original series is worthwhile? And whether there's a way to watch it, if so?

Did the original series stick to the same 5 characters that are in TT Go! or did they include other Titans characters? I'd be especially interested in watching episodes that feature other Titans characters beyond Robin, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, and Cyborg. I guess I can answer that last question for myself with very little internet searching.

But hopefully someone here can tell me if there's a way to watch it and whether or not it's worth watching for someone that loves the Teen Titans but not TT Go!
    Teen Titans is an excellent show, with great writing, great animation, very few bad episodes and has my favorite versions of all 5 main characters, save Kory, but she's still great here. It is NOTHING like the trash that is Teen Titans Go! You can find it on watchcartoononline.com, among other streaming sites. (Or get the DVDs.)

Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy are the main cast for all 5 seasons, but other Titans pop up all throughout, and TONS of them make minor appearances and cameos in the last season.
    Last edited by Assam; 11-05-2017 at 05:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    maybe after Bruce it should be retired...
    Or maybe it isn't a Robin meant for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

Teen Titans is a fantastic show, it was everything to me as a kid, and perhaps the reason why I don't like Teen Titans Go it's because I liked the original Teen Titans way too much. It features pretty much the same characters, but there are great cameos; like Kid Flash, Speedy and Aqualad. Donna was the only one that didn't make it, unfortunately. I loved their version of Terra and was pretty much surprised when I found out that Terra was nothing like her cartoon counterpart.

One of my favorites scenes was the Batman easter egg, and also, Red X.

Thanks, Assam and sakuyamons! Replies like these are one of the reasons this is such a great forum.

Before I'd read y'all's replies I'd found a site that has every episode and watched the season 3 episode, Teen Titans East, Part One, before reading your responses and I really enjoyed it. Knowing that y'all loved the series so much will make me start at the beginning and watch it all the way through. It will probably take me a while, maybe 2 episodes per week, but it's so great to have this "new" thing to enjoy, especially as I've been laid up in bed sick for the better part of the last 5 years with acute, chronic illness and have blown through almost every comic book I could ever want to read.

How wonderful that there's so much more Teen Titans out there for me to enjoy! Thanks again!

I second the opinion of Assam and sakuyamons about the 2003 TT (althougth i don't really have a problem with TT Go), it probably has the best adaptation of Dick Grayson in other media, before YJ came along, the finale of season 1 is great and i personally recomend the episode "Haunted".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    it probably has the best adaptation of Dick Grayson in other media, before YJ came along,.
    Damn, forgot about YJ animated. Take back what I said for Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    and i personally recomend the episode "Haunted".
    As a kid, that was easily in my top 5 favorite episodes, and on a purely technical level, it's maybe the best in the series.

I still like it, but I can't truly say I've "loved" it since I learned it was written by Adam Beechen. It's sort of like going back to read Starman after Cry for Justice. Doesn't change the high quality, but it does effect your enjoyment with the knowledge in the back of your brain.