Page 34 of 671 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Oh well whatever happens next I'll only give the book a chance if it gets a good creative team (and how about a new editor), same goes to the upcoming Titans book.
    Same goes for me. I'm for sure going to give the Titans title support for the long haul. I'd love for Seeley or King to take a stab at the Titans book. From podcasts I've heard, (King especially), has a soft spot for the Titans. I wouldn't be disappointed with Abnett carrying on with writing duties, as I've really enjoyed Titans Hunt.

As for the Teen Titans ongoing, if DC throws a good creative team on it, and it seems like a good team lineup, I'm all in there too. I'm not familiar with enough writers to make a suggestion for the Teen Titans book, but a writer who can have good character interaction, and development is a must. A good Teen Titans book should make you feel their extreme ups and downs, as it's a book about highly (good and bad) emotional teens discovering their place in their world. Sometimes it will have to be over dramatic, because that's how teens would behave in these situations, powers or no powers. They've got to be written as a team who cares for one another, and that doesn't just mean punching the bad guy if they're after your buddy. I know it's a broken record, but that's what made Wolfman/Perez's run so epic IMO.

I really excited and optimistic for both titles.

Golden Eagle would be a great character for a writer to explore in the Titans rebirth title.
    Charley Parker needs some of that rebirth treatment.

Parker being half Thanagarian was the right way to go, but the way Palmoitti and Gray took it was the wrong direction for me.
    Fel Andar should’ve been the big villain in that Hawkman story with an innocent Charley caught in the middle.

I’m hoping to see the return of a young orphan boy who picked Hawkman as his role model growing up.
    Who was mentored by Hawkman and became Golden Eagle. Later, possible in Titans, he’s learns he’s a product of two worlds…half human, half Thanagarian.
    Charley discovers his mother, Sharon Parker, was murdered by his biological father and Thanagarian sleeper agent, Fel Andar.
    It’s a good starting point for a writer to take the reign and dig deeper into the character.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Meta commentary on the direction New 52 Tim Drake has taken. I chuckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Golden Eagle would be a great character for a writer to explore in the Titans rebirth title.

Parker being half Thanagarian was the right way to go, but the way Palmoitti and Gray took it was the wrong direction for me.
    Fel Andar should’ve been the big villain in that Hawkman story with an innocent Charley caught in the middle.

I’m hoping to see the return of a young orphan boy who picked Hawkman as his role model growing up.
    Who was mentored by Hawkman and became Golden Eagle. Later, possible in Titans, he’s learns he’s a product of two worlds…half human, half Thanagarian.
    Charley discovers his mother, Sharon Parker, was murdered by his biological father and Thanagarian sleeper agent, Fel Andar.
    It’s a good starting point for a writer to take the reign and dig deeper into the character.

That would be a pretty cool origin, Rebirth is the perfect time to get the Titans back on track and use the more classic roster. If they don't I'm expecting another 1,000 years of darkness for the them.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Really reading back all the issues. Actually flicking through them.

The two things I liked
    - Interaction between Cassie and Tim. Like there is something there
    - Interaction between Miguel and Tim.

Everything else is eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Really reading back all the issues. Actually flicking through them.

The two things I liked
    - Interaction between Cassie and Tim. Like there is something there
    - Interaction between Miguel and Tim.

Everything else is eh.
    Lobdell titans?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Lobdell titans?
    Yeah I didn't mind Lobdell's Titans. It was better than the runs after Johns' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

Seeing Golden Eagle again would be awesome. I always liked the idea of the Hawks having their own legacy/teen hero representation with the Teen Titans. I always thought his armor is cool and always provides a nice visual.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Meta commentary on the direction New 52 Tim Drake has taken. I chuckled
    Lol, that's pretty awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Yeah I didn't mind Lobdell's Titans. It was better than the runs after Johns' stuff.
    I thought the run by JT Krul (that was cut short by the reboot) was pretty damn good, especially as a fan of the Johns run. My main issue with it was that Tim Drake was neglected for most of the run, especially since he fit in so well with Kon Bart & Cassie. And even though I like Damian just fine, I think he needs to stay away from the Teen Titans.

But overall, I think it did a good job making the characters likeable, and being serious without being needlessly violent. And the art was fantastic. I'd say that out of all the series cancelled for the New 52, that's the one I miss the most.

Teen Titans Earth One Vol 2 has released it's cover art.
    New characters appear to be Wally, Donna and Kole.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I dunno if the Wonder Girl is Donna - it just looks like a Wonder Girl, so until we know more it could also be Cassie despite the fact that they're going with older characters. Mainly because the design overall has more of a 'Cassie' look to me than a Donna one.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    I dunno if the Wonder Girl is Donna - it just looks like a Wonder Girl, so until we know more it could also be Cassie despite the fact that they're going with older characters. Mainly because the design overall has more of a 'Cassie' look to me than a Donna one.
    It would be odd if they subbed in Cassie with a cast made up of NTT members. Now that you pointed it out, the t-shirt and jeans look (seen above) are Cassie's trademarks. Just like Connor and unfortunately (Truth) Superman. lmao ugh....

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    It would be odd if they subbed in Cassie with a cast made up of NTT members. Now that you pointed it out, the t-shirt and jeans look (seen above) are Cassie's trademarks. Just like Connor and unfortunately (Truth) Superman. lmao ugh....
    It'd be super odd but it all comes down to who Lemire prefers, Donna or Cassie? And I mean, we already know he's not afraid to mess with the normal appearances of characters - look at Raven and, especially, Garth. It could go either way, but I'm really not sure which they'll pull with this Wonder.

At that same time, isn't this the same earth as the other Earth One books? Donna appears in WW E1, so this would HAVE to be Cassie.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 03-17-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    It'd be super odd but it all comes down to who Lemire prefers, Donna or Cassie? And I mean, we already know he's not afraid to mess with the normal appearances of characters - look at Raven and, especially, Garth. It could go either way, but I'm really not sure which they'll pull with this Wonder.

At that same time, isn't this the same earth as the other Earth One books? Donna appears in WW E1, so this would HAVE to be Cassie.
    Not sure. WW Earth 1 has been delayed so many times, that Idk who is in the book now. I believe Donna was in one of the artwork shots released, but she was never confirmed by name. She just looked like Donna. It could be anyone though.