Page 340 of 671 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 10059

What I find funny is that this evil Donna has had a more meaningful conversation with Dick with that one brief exchange than Dick and this dumb New 52/Rebirth version of Donna has had in over 2 years, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    At least he was a big part of The Obsidian Age, he was a big help at that time. It kinda sucks he never was an official part of Dick's JL at the time. Wish all that was canon again, too.

And I definitely don't find it funny in this book, because again, it's literally cheapening these characters. Basically, the team is a second-rate JL that doesn't have the respect of its mentors nor its sister team in the Teen Titans, and the two most notable members of the team are comprised of one guy who is still on his way to graduating to Batman and will die and another guy who's literally dead right now. Dick led two (criminally short) generations of the JLA on top of the Outsiders and various iterations of the Titans, while Wally was THE Flash and a JLA mainstay. This book is written like it's starring the Teen Titans, and I guess I really just can't take it anymore.

Sorry for the short rant, lol.

Edit: Also, completely forgot to mention, the whole point of being Nightwing again after all the development Dick went through in Grayson was that he is "Better than Batman" now. Just another reason why this is upsetting to me, lol.

At this point, I'm actually thinking Abnett might've been the better writer for the Teen Titans book, and that maybe Percy would've been better suited to the Titans book, smh.
    The Outsiders thing was a horrible disaster and the JLA team he lead was like the training wheels version of the team with all the main heroes gone and replaced with other generations no one really cared about; was so unsuccessful it lead to the New 52 reboot, lol. I'd love to see Dick lead a non Titans team again, but it usually doesn't go super well for him. I think that this is just what the Titans are going to be. Just a b-level knockoff JLA that won't have much standing in the DCU. It is a containment book for these characters mainly. People hoping that this book will suddenly matter and be important in the big DCU stories are just fooling themselves, imo.

And I thought the "Better than Batman" title for the first arc in Rebirth Nightwing referred to Raptor claiming he is a better mentor to Dick (who should be well beyond needing a mentor at this stage) than Batman? I don't think it had anything to do with Dick being better than Batman, but I might be mistaken. That is just the way I took it.

And I thought the "Better than Batman" title for the first arc in Rebirth Nightwing referred to Raptor claiming he is a better mentor to Dick (who should be well beyond needing a mentor at this stage) than Batman? I don't think it had anything to do with Dick being better than Batman, but I might be mistaken. That is just the way I took it.
    I'm pretty sure that it refers to Raptor, but i had always liked Dick more than Bruce soo....

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It's sort of like going back to read Starman after Cry for Justice. Doesn't change the high quality, but it does effect your enjoyment with the knowledge in the back of your brain.
    Off topic, I'm doing this exact thing lately. I have several graphic novels going, most of which I've read before. One is Starman. I'm trying to see if I can still love it after experiencing so much poor writing from him since then. The first time I read it I LOVED it without reservation. This time through, probably partly as a function of comics always becoming more sophisticated making almost any older story a bit dated and surely partly as a function of having read Cry for Justice et al, I'm not quite loving it so unreservedly. Trying to withhold any real opinion and just taking it as it comes until I've finished it though. I'm still on Vol. 1.

But boy oh man was Cry for Justice (and his subsequent JLA) BAD. That was just pure badness on every level and I've yet to meet the fan that enjoyed anything about it. It doesn't seem to be controversial like BvS or Identity Crisis, where some loved and some hated it. People seem to have universally hated everything about it. I remember how excited I was when it was first solicited and how let down I was when I read it and found it felt like a parody of itself.

And I still don't understand how the writer of Starman could be the same person that wrote Cry for Justice. How does a writer just 'lose it' like that, and to such a great degree?

I haven't been able to enjoy anything contemporary that he's written. I wonder if I'm missing some good writing from him by skipping most things he does lately. I have been reading Wonder Woman, out of curiosity for the story which began way back in Darkseid War, and I've felt it's been fine through 2 or 3 issues but how does the guy that wrote Starman go away and come back and write Cry for Justice? It's like he's just not even the same guy.

Am I missing any good, contemporary writing from him?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What I find funny is that this evil Donna has had a more meaningful conversation with Dick with that one brief exchange than Dick and this dumb New 52/Rebirth version of Donna has had in over 2 years, haha.
    One day, DC will remember that Donna is Dick's best friend (other than Wally). I have hope.

I’m of the opinion that the Titans just needs to be better. To not to be a containment book or a JL knock off. Cause there is opportunity with the Titans, it’s has a tv show coming for crying out loud. It really shouldn’t be this irrelevant containment book that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I’m of the opinion that the Titans just needs to be better. To not to be a containment book or a JL knock off. Cause there is opportunity with the Titans, it’s has a tv show coming for crying out loud. It really shouldn’t be this irrelevant containment book that it is.
    They had the perfect opportunity to do that in Rebirth. People thought that with how the real Wally came back that the Titans would be central in uncovering the Rebirth mysteries and by doing so would give them an air of importance that they haven't had in decades, but that didn't happen. They've been spinning their wheels and feel completely irrelevant. Something as simple as Wally meeting Iris West hasn't even happened and won't until next year. These characters and team are just an afterthought to DC, but some fans will still declare the current book is great for some reason. That is what I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

The Outsiders thing was a horrible disaster and the JLA team he lead was like the training wheels version of the team with all the main heroes gone and replaced with other generations no one really cared about; was so unsuccessful it lead to the New 52 reboot, lol. I'd love to see Dick lead a non Titans team again, but it usually doesn't go super well for him. I think that this is just what the Titans are going to be. Just a b-level knockoff JLA that won't have much standing in the DCU. It is a containment book for these characters mainly. People hoping that this book will suddenly matter and be important in the big DCU stories are just fooling themselves, imo.

Yeah they really have been doing Donna dirty, lol. I'm still mad she hasn't appeared in Wonder Woman, too. Diana really could use a second book where she can interact with Donna and Cassie. The DCU feels way too small when you have all these characters around doing nothing anywhere and talking to no one.

And maybe you didn't like that generation of the JLA, but that was my generation so I saw them as equals to their predecessors. But I also thought Dick was a better Batman than Bruce during that era, so yeah. I'd have to check sales data to really be sure it wasn't as popular, but it should've been because as rough as that book could get, it was everything a JLA book should be, imo.

And the Better than Batman was supposed to be ambiguous, with Raptor being the obvious answer, and Dick being the final answer since he's the one to come out on top of Raptor by the end. I mean, Seeley wrote in a meta-joke about it in #32 where Raptor literally shouts "Better than Batman" when talking about Dick's detective work, lol. I'm guessing the early intention of the book was to push Dick from being a brand extension of Batman to being better than him, but I think the Bludhaven requirements got in the way, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

I know Dick fans obviously won't find it funny, but I do find it amusing that in the span of a month, we have two separate alternate futures where DickBats is shown to not be a good idea.
    I'd be very interested to find out what he did that was so bad. Still, he'd have a long way to go before he reached a BatTim level of suck. I always thought that Tim would make a pretty good Batman, I was very, very wrong apparently.

I'd be very interested to find out what he did that was so bad. Still, he'd have a long way to go before he reached a BatTim level of suck. I always thought that Tim would make a pretty good Batman, I was very, very wrong apparently.
    Before Graduation Day, it was showed that he could be a pretty good Batman in 2 occassions, but he wasn't interested because his only wish was to be Robin, partially because he wanted to help the world in other aspects beyond crime fighting and some fear about losing himself in the shadow of the cowl. After Graduation Day thought, Tim+Batman= Facist Gotham, with him basically twisting the mantle and turning himself into the last thing that he wanted too, sort of an irlny when you think about his original reasons to join Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I actually don't think/like the idea of any of the Robins being Batman, I think Damian would be "my" fit, but I don't know if him being Batman is what he really wants, rather than what he expects or is expected to be.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I actually don't think/like the idea of any of the Robins being Batman, I think Damian would be "my" fit, but I don't know if him being Batman is what he really wants, rather than what he expects or is expected to be.
    For me Damian always wanted to be Batman because to him it means he went to the opposite side of the spectrum instead of becoming the heir to the World's Greatest Criminal he would instead strive to be the complete opposite of that. I liked the future where we see Damian as Batman and he mentors Terry in the future. I don't mind the robins being Batman but I am getting sick of the evil future Batman trope when each of the robins become Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    For me Damian always wanted to be Batman because to him it means he went to the opposite side of the spectrum instead of becoming the heir to the World's Greatest Criminal he would instead strive to be the complete opposite of that. I liked the future where we see Damian as Batman and he mentors Terry in the future. I don't mind the robins being Batman but I am getting sick of the evil future Batman trope when each of the robins become Batman.
    And still no evil version of Terry in sight .

And still no evil version of Terry in sight*
    He is literally Bruce's clone, you think that DC is going to present it as anything but incorruptible .

Here's a preview of the Teen Titans story from the upcoming holiday special.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He is literally Bruce's clone, you think that DC is going to present it as anything but incorruptible .
    No wonder Snyder ascribes so adherently to the clone plan .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Give it time. We'll get an evil Terry sooner or later.