Page 349 of 671 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359399449 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 10059
    BANNED

Tbh, I would have been open to the return of the Raven/Wally ship, if it had been the original Wally West. Because as we know, Wally remembers (or should) they used to have a thing and it would have been a more faithful nod to the old continuity. Plus with Linda currently out of the picture, it might actually work. As it is now however, it just seems rather weird Raven just happening to have something for another speedster called Wally... it's kinda like she's going from dating the father to dating the son. :S

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I thougth that it happened because some people consider Tim a male version of Barbara
    Hackers unite .
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Tbh, I would have been open to the return of the Raven/Wally ship, if it had been the original Wally West. Because as we know, Wally remembers (or should) they used to have a thing and it would have been a more faithful nod to the old continuity. Plus with Linda currently out of the picture, it might actually work. As it is now however, it just seems rather weird Raven just happening to have something for another speedster called Wally... it's kinda like she's going from dating the father to dating the son. :S
    Well, to be fair this Wally is also a nephew to Iris West and friends with a big guy named Chunk, so it wouldn't be the only thing he and OG Wally have in common (plus, Raven's still a teenager).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, to be fair this Wally is also a nephew to Iris West and friends with a big guy named Chunk, so it wouldn't be the only thing he and OG Wally have in common (plus, Raven's still a teenager).
    Raven's actual age is a bit wobbly, she does however appear to be a teenager. But thats not really a problem as far as I can see since a lot of teens do date people who are older than them... plus it's not like the difference is going to be that big when OG Wally is seemingly still in his early to mid twenties.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Raven's actual age is a bit wobbly, she does however appear to be a teenager. But thats not really a problem as far as I can see since a lot of teens do date people who are older than them... plus it's not like the difference is going to be that big when OG Wally is seemingly still in his early to mid twenties.
    OG Wally should be the same age as the other Titans; he's in the body of what would have been his New 52 counterpart had Twister not written him out of the timeline. So he's 21.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

CYBORG Cancellation Confirmed But... he will be the leader of Christopher Priest Justice League[/B] We lost one comic but, this is something..

https://www.newsarama.com/37489-cybo...confirmed.html

It may be because I'm still a rabid BBRae shipper. It may be because Raven's one of my favorite superheroes and NuWally is one of my LEAST favorites....but I really hate this thing they're trying to do between those two. It just feels so...wrong.

IMO, They should just reinstate most of pre-FP and let characters evolve and move on.
    I was honestly hoping something like that would happen when they brought old Wally back. I really thought his return would mean something for more than just the OGs. I thought we'd have Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy remembering there previous adventures as Titans (even if that no longer lines up with how old Raven and Beast Boy are now). I was hoping Cyborg would remember that he was a Titan. I was REALLY hoping that the real Conner, Cassie, and Bart would return. But despite apparently being from the Pre-Flashpoint universe (Wait, is he the Pre-Flashpoint Wally?), there are certain aspects of Pre-Flashpoint that even he doesn't seem to remember (his children, the other Titans, Bart Allen, ect.)
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-27-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I was honestly hoping something like that would happen when they brought old Wally back. I really thought his return would mean something for more than just the OGs. I thought we'd have Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy remembering there previous adventures as Titans (even if that no longer lines up with how old Raven and Beast Boy are now). I was hoping Cyborg would remember that he was a Titan. I was REALLY hoping that the real Conner, Cassie, and Bart would return. But despite apparently being from the Pre-Flashpoint universe (Wait, is he the Pre-Flashpoint Wally?), there are certain aspects of Pre-Flashpoint that even he doesn't seem to remember (his children, the other Titans, Bart Allen, ect.)
    He's the New 52 Wally but with waning memories from the previous timeline thanks to his time spent in the Speed Force.

I guess now's a good time to remind everyone that the 10 missing years in the timeline are actually missing from the New 52 timeline and only that one. The N52 timeline is not just the Pre-Flashpoint timeline, it's a new timeline, but everything exists in Hypertime. One thing we don't know is how Superman Reborn affected this timeline and if the 10 missing years are more or less untouched by this. The other thing is if the Teen Titans time together that's been restored is outside the 10 years or a part of the 10 years. Imo, this is for the best since, honestly, the Pre-Flashpoint timeline has so much unnecessary edge and misfortune in it for the Titans, and it'd work better to have most of that history preserved without all the bad, and move on from it like it's a launchpad.

I think that we should forget most of the 2003 to 11 period and the first half of the 90s.

BANNED

I think that we should forget most of the 2003 to 11 period and the first half of the 90s.
    And obviously the 2011-16 period as well.

It really is sad that for one of DC's biggest brands, they've only had 6-7 solid years since the 80's. Mind you I think those 6-7 years are gobstopping amazing but still, not good overall.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    And obviously the 2011-16 period as well.

It really is sad that for one of DC's biggest brands, they've only had 6-7 solid years since the 80's. Mind you I think those 6-7 years are gobstopping amazing but still, not good overall.
    At least the 2011-2013 period.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I think that we should forget most of the 2003
    Noooot gonna lie...that's my favorite era of the Teen Titans :P

What needs to be forgotten is the New 52 Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    He's the New 52 Wally but with waning memories from the previous timeline thanks to his time spent in the Speed Force.
    Ah. That makes sense...also really disappointing :/
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-28-2017 at 10:32 AM.

BANNED

I'm more for just ignoring the 2003-2017 and let the team reconnect with its past, thank you Dr. Manhattan, and move on from there.

And it's not even difficult to do that once you've taken the big leap and gone into a story that involves messing around with the flow of time. Like if Wally takes a swing at Manhattan and the resulting shockwave is like SB Prime punching reality, you could change just about whatever you want in the blink of an eye. One moment you are looking at the world as it is now, and wham, you are looking at a different one. Raven wasn't deaged several times, Damian's Titans are mostly former YJ members or younger, Cyborg was a Titan who joined the League, beastboy still has a failed career in acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Maybe not THE best for me but otherwise I echo these sentiments.

It's also the perfect mix of the Fab 5 and characters created after that without leaning too hard into New Teen Titans territory. In fact, the only non-Fab 5 NTT member in the run regularly is Starfire.
    Pretty much THIS. Not so much a barn burner or groundbreaker, but a clever synthesis of the Original Titans with the New Teen Titans era with a couple of cherry picked latter generation titan types for good measure. Played the nostalgia card gently and kept things fresh with the new personalities added into the mix.

It wasn't sustainable long-term but still better than most of the subsequent revivals of the Titans brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Pretty much THIS. Not so much a barn burner or groundbreaker, but a clever synthesis of the Original Titans with the New Teen Titans era with a couple of cherry picked latter generation titan types for good measure. Played the nostalgia card gently and kept things fresh with the new personalities added into the mix.

It wasn't sustainable long-term but still better than most of the subsequent revivals of the Titans brand.

If Helfer didn't join this book and tank it to the ground I believe that this series would've been up there with the NTT in terms of popularity. This is my all time favorite comic series, the line up was perfect and it did pretty much everything right.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm more for just ignoring the 2003-2017 and let the team reconnect with its past, thank you Dr. Manhattan, and move on from there.
    Eh. I have some issues with the current run (That has mostly to do with me just feeling like Percy doesn't get these characters very well. That and I just REALLY miss Myers' art lol) but I wouldn't want it to become forgotten. It's far from the best but it has its moments. I may be a little biased though since this is the closest to my dream line-up (Damian, Raven, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Bart, Cassie) that we've ever gotten lol

And it's not even difficult to do that once you've taken the big leap and gone into a story that involves messing around with the flow of time. Like if Wally takes a swing at Manhattan and the resulting shockwave is like SB Prime punching reality, you could change just about whatever you want in the blink of an eye. One moment you are looking at the world as it is now, and wham, you are looking at a different one. Raven wasn't deaged several times, Damian's Titans are mostly former YJ members or younger, Cyborg was a Titan who joined the League, beastboy still has a failed career in acting.
    Agreed on most fronts. Though I'm not sure how I feel about Damian being the one teamed up with former YJ members. That seems like an honor that should be reserved for Tim.

Honestly, one of my biggest gripes about this current run of the Titans is that we're expected to believe these older heroes would just fall in line with everything Damian says (even if they have made it clear that all but Aqualad are just sort of humoring him and not really taking him seriously as the leader). If you really wanted to give Damian a team to lead, don't make it a bunch of veterans. Take this opportunity to create new young heroes and reintroduce old ones that we don't see much of anymore. If I had my way, Damian's team would have most likely been:

- Damian (duh)
    - Jon
    - Collin (with a new Codename. Maybe even new powers. I always thought the name "Abuse" was dumb)
    - Jackson
    - Maya

And a "sixth ranger" spot could be dedicated to a new hero we haven't seen before. People seem to like the idea of Blue Beetle's little sister being a Green Lantern. Maybe that could happen.

Hell, they don't even really have to be the Teen Titans. All the Robins had their own unique teams (Dick has the Titans, Tim has Young Justice, Jason has the Outlaws) maybe this could be Damian's own thing. Meanwhile, the lineup of Teen Titans we have now would be lead by Starfire (as it should have been from the beginning) with Tim as their obligatory Robin.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-30-2017 at 09:51 PM.