Page 35 of 671 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135535 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Not sure. WW Earth 1 has been delayed so many times, that Idk who is in the book now. I believe Donna was in one of the artwork shots released, but she was never confirmed by name. She just looked like Donna. It could be anyone though.
    The article I double checked seemed to mention her by name, but I couldn't find anything else. It would sure make sense, though.

Teen Titans Earth One Vol 2 has released it's cover art.
    New characters appear to be Wally, Donna and Kole.

now this looks worth checking out
    The J-man

So wait, they are sticking a Kid Flash and Wonder Girl on the team despite how he said in interviews for the first volume that he didn't want to use those legacy characters until the the larger heroes introduced them? This seems like a complete 180 on that.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    now this looks worth checking out
    Did you read the first vol? I have not. I didn't think it was worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So wait, they are sticking a Kid Flash and Wonder Girl on the team despite how he said in interviews for the first volume that he didn't want to use those legacy characters until the the larger heroes introduced them? This seems like a complete 180 on that.
    His well of ideas probably ran dry of what to do with the cast he put together in the first volume.

I will say, it's kind of funny to see Wally back with red hair and freckles. Since Lemire racebent Raven, and now Wonder Girl, and Wally is racebent in the New 52 comics as well. Haha

BANNED

If I remeber it correctly, Lemire argued that he put the vol 1 team together in a world where there were no adult superheroes, so he naturally excluded people like Robin, Wonder Girl and Kid Flash. I dont think he ever said they couldn't exist or that the grown-ups had to come first, and look at Garth, we got him in the last volume. Also when he said 'larger' he could have meant: "I wont use them before I've gotten the first team assembled." Since the 3 new ones look younger than the first group.

Aside that, I think he is avoiding Robin because you so easilly fall back into the old rythm when the Titans have him around, where he is nearly always in charge.

It's almost like the Titans are legacy characters and should come from their mentors. They should have started with the sidekicks.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's almost like the Titans are legacy characters and should come from their mentors. They should have started with the sidekicks.
    You wanted to start out a new book in a world with no adult heroes and try and explain why their sidekicks are still around?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You wanted to start out a new book in a world with no adult heroes and try and explain why their sidekicks are still around?
    My point is why introduce them when there aren't any adult heroes yet?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The Titans aren't legacy character sure the Teen Titans were founded by a group of sidekicks but the group isn't really about their mentors or there mentors bringing them together.

Neither does every Titan have a JL mentor or something that's the definition of Young Justice.

TT Earth 1 does a excellent job to show that they can exist without the JL being around or any legacy for that matter. It's a better move to establish them as a property rather then make them overshadowed by the League.

BANNED

9 characters, huh? Now I'm worried somebody's going to die. Especially since it's an AU graphic novel, and having a character quit might not be dramatic enough for the story. Watch out for Aqualad.

Also, I miss Terry Dodsons art. The new artist is fine (even though the cover is pretty lackluster), but Dodsons style was perfect for a Titans book. Then again, I should just be grateful that Wally is a main character, that alone puts my complaints about the art to shame.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 03-18-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    If I remeber it correctly, Lemire argued that he put the vol 1 team together in a world where there were no adult superheroes, so he naturally excluded people like Robin, Wonder Girl and Kid Flash. I dont think he ever said they couldn't exist or that the grown-ups had to come first, and look at Garth, we got him in the last volume. Also when he said 'larger' he could have meant: "I wont use them before I've gotten the first team assembled." Since the 3 new ones look younger than the first group.

Aside that, I think he is avoiding Robin because you so easilly fall back into the old rythm when the Titans have him around, where he is nearly always in charge.
    The problem is that not using Robin in the Titans is like not using Batman in the Justice League. He should have just used the more iconic characters from the start if he was just going to cram in legacy characters in the next volume anyway. The Teen Titan cartoon used Robin and other legacy characters without the need to explain where their legacies came from.

BANNED

The problem is that not using Robin in the Titans is like not using Batman in the Justice League. He should have just used the more iconic characters from the start if he was just going to cram in legacy characters in the next volume anyway. The Teen Titan cartoon used Robin and other legacy characters without the need to explain where their legacies came from.
    A team isnt dependent on one or two characters. The X-Men can be the X-Men without Wolverine or Charles.

Justice League Year One shows the League can be a team without The Trinity.

It's more about how it's written then anything not that there won't be those who would rather see a character on a team then others, but it's shown to just be beyond us at times.

I would of rather had Aquaman or Mera or Zatanna over Hawkgirl in the JL cartoon. It seems to be mixed at this point about Cyborg on the league and Martian Manhunter's placement. Etc etc.

Overall the Titans don't have to be dependent on Grayson

Cool, Wally! And the new Wonder Girl looks interesting. Earth prime could use a new Wonder Girl .
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-18-2016 at 02:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    A team isnt dependent on one or two characters. The X-Men can be the X-Men without Wolverine or Charles.

Justice League Year One shows the League can be a team without The Trinity.

It's more about how it's written then anything not that there won't be those who would rather see a character on a team then others, but it's shown to just be beyond us at times.

I would of rather had Aquaman or Mera or Zatanna over Hawkgirl in the JL cartoon. It seems to be mixed at this point about Cyborg on the league and Martian Manhunter's placement. Etc etc.

Overall the Titans don't have to be dependent on Grayson
    Yes, a Titans book can easily work from a story perspective without a Robin (JT Kruls Teen Titans, for example). Thing is, for a lot of fans, the team doesn't feel complete without a Robin. Whether it was Dick Grayson or Tim Drake, Robin has always been the leader of the Titans, his charisma and resourcefulness were the main forces keeping the team together. He's the most valuable member of the team, the most popular member, and one of the most consistent members.

I expect a Robin to show up in the 3rd volume anyway, probably Grayson (by probably I mean definitely).

Teen Titans Earth One Vol 2 has released it's cover art.
    New characters appear to be Wally, Donna and Kole.

Looks really good.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.