Page 382 of 671 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 10059
    BANNED

I know Green Arrow chose not to be in the League, but it feels weird to have all the rest of the mentors confronting the Titans without him.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Does anyone have a better size for that spread? I can't read the dialogue.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Does anyone have a better size for that spread? I can't read the dialogue.
    Open the pic in an other tab, it will be better (that's how I did it).

I'm actually pretty hype for this issue tho.
    Last edited by Dethi; 01-04-2018 at 03:37 PM.

The story is actually titled Grounded. This run is a joke, this team is a joke. This creative team needs to go.

BANNED

Notice we usually only get the JL in the Titans book when they are ripping into them like children?

How about something crazy like a alien invasion that the JL is confronting and the Titans come to help,and actually help and shown to be just as able and badass as the league

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Green Arrow chose not to be in the League, but it feels weird to have all the rest of the mentors confronting the Titans without him.
    I do believe this confrontation highlights the fact that Lilith/Omen as NO corresponding mentor in the Justice League generation!

Unfortunately I don’t think DC can bus in Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t think DC can bus in Jean Grey.
    Welp except the fact that they are both redhead and telepath. They don't have much more similar.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Welp except the fact that they are both redhead and telepath. They don't have much more similar.
    Generally laid-back, fun-loving redheads with psychic powers including but not limited to telepathy, leadership qualities that aren't often expanded on, green often featured in their color schemes, counselor-like roles... yeah, they have an amazing amount of similarities. Lilith's classic design and the classic Marvel Girl look are also incredibly similar. There are also a lot of differences either way.

Also - there's Martian Manhunter? Lmao. But I think that Omen is fine without having any mentor, it makes her stand out from the rest of what are the currently "original" Titans team members. They were all sidekicks, except for Lilith. It'd be interesting if she was the entire reason that the team actually came together as a team like when she got them back together in Cardey's Titans, with a vision of something coming up (whether that's what happened in flashbacks in Titans Hunt or Troia or whatever) and knowing that they would need to be together in some way or another. Also kind of like Raven bringing the NTT together.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Man, this book is just too much. It really is so bad it's good.

We'll see if that changes next issue though. The love triangle stuff aside, Roy has been the one character consistently written well, so hopefully his solo arc will step up the book's quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Man, this book is just too much. It really is so bad it's good.

We'll see if that changes next issue though. The love triangle stuff aside, Roy has been the one character consistently written well, so hopefully his solo arc will step up the book's quality.
    It's literally him and his interactions with Donna who still make me read that book.

spoilers:
    Beside the whole disband thing, the whole discussion between Roy and Donna make the issue the best one since the beginning of the Lazarus Contract in my opinion, and I won't denied that I enjoyed it and will probably buy it, part of it still because of nostalgia, but Roy is like you said super well written since the beginning of the book minus the love triangle and in my opinion, Donna get super well written when she interact with him. I mean we only really saw her character when she is hanging with him.

The last arc started to making the book a little better even if it's hell bad to what it should be (except one point for me but it's pretty much my ship time lmao) and I really hope the next arc about Roy will up the level of the book. And I'm counting on it because I want to read about at least my two fav characters who are in this team with a good story.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Yeah, I enjoyed the Roy stuff in this one. I look forward to spending a few issues with him. It's what the book kind of needs right now. Something a little quieter and more focused.

I went in expecting to be disappointed, but I actually wasn't. Of course, I still hate this direction, but...

Donna actually needs to get a life. Idk about house arrest, but she literally needs one. Maybe some time with Diana can repair their relationship and we can get a more classic Donna out of it.

And then there's Wally. He, too, needs to get a life. And whether he does or doesn't we know he's going to be helping Kid Flash in Central City and then arguing with Barry about something in the upcoming Flash Annual, which sets up the Flash War, so I'm happy about that.

I like Roy, so some Roy focus is gonna be great, imo. Not sure I like that it's seemingly taking up so much real estate in the Titans book, but if it's good, I won't complain. With as often as Roy gets shit on for being a recovering addict, at least we're getting to see him actively hunt down drug cartels or whatever, especially Intergang at that. Let's see what Abnett does with Jade...

And then the big thing for me this issue, was what they did with Dick. I've been generally unhappy with Abnett's Dick as of late, but I'm interested to see what he does here. I was genuinely shocked to see him so directly reference Justice League #51, let's see if we'll actually get some development on Dick's part.

I think we are all so used to bad that everything less worse seems good.
    Roy focus wasn't bad, everything else was useless and awful. I'm still waiting to see what's new with Wally after his resurrection. At least I hope to see some changes, or the whole Lazarus Contract and Troia arcs were only wasting time (and issues).