Page 383 of 671 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 10059
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I actually think this was genuinely good. I'm interested in seeing where they go from here, and if when the team comes back together, everyone will still be there. I guess the only one that I'm really curious about is Bumblebee.

I'm excited to see Donna and Diana interactions.

Oh, Dick. Always Bruce's whipping boy. It doesn't surprise me that they referenced JL 51 here though - that was, after all, written by Abnett. It's part of his long game.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

@Endsong I'm glad for you if you're liking it, really. As I pointed out before, I don't like Abnett as a writer, and this since Titans Hunt, and I also think he is handling poorly the characters (maybe not Roy). I'm just going on 'cause I care too much for them to drop the title.

Infuriating, absolutely infuriating. Get Abnett off this damn team. He has clearly set out to make this team and it’s characters look as pathetic as possible. Nightwing here especially was disgusting. Like holy ****.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-10-2018 at 11:18 AM.

BANNED

What happened?

Let’s just put it this way, there is a scene where Dick makes a face as if he’s afraid Batman is gonna spank him.

spoilers:
    "Have I disappointed you?" Yes, Abnett, you had. Totally
    end of spoilers

Never seen something similar. I mean, the whole Titans franchise started to point out a growing up for the sidekicks, so they can be able to stand together but aside from their mentors. The NTT, Technis Imperative, Teen Titans... Abnett is going against everything was built in the franchise until now.

Also... really Batman needed to tell Omen: "Don't read my mind"?
    Last edited by L.H.; 01-10-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Just saying. I don't like the Titans or Teen Titans, I find the very premise of the team(s) either stupid or rather unsettling... but did using Batman of all character to tell the Titans that they didn't behave responsibly when there is, I don't know.... THE WHOLE FUCKING METAL EVENT going on ? I mean, come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Just saying. I don't like the Titans or Teen Titans, I find the very premise of the team(s) either stupid or rather unsettling... but did using Batman of all character to tell the Titans that they didn't behave responsibly when there is, I don't know.... THE WHOLE FUCKING METAL EVENT going on ? I mean, come on...
    Probably because he is the only one of the entire league who to do those kind off thing so badly. But welp.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Infuriating, absolutely infuriating. Get Abnett off this damn team. He has clearly set out to make this team and it’s characters look as pathetic as possible. Nightwing here especially was disgusting. Like holy ****.
    Yeah, it was pretty awful. Of course, the League isn't looking so good either, these days. Then again, that might, I say (in my Foghorn Leghorn voice - find it on YouTube if you aren't of a certain age) MIGHT be the point. Johns seems to be predicating a future, about a year hence, in which public confidence in superheroes and, by extension, superhero teams is at a nadir. Given that Abnett is, I believe, one of Johns' favored finds for DC You/Rebirth and Priest is actually writing Johns' old title, the current dysfunction in both Titans and Justice League may be part of his plans for Doomsday Clock. Also, they needed to spring Wally to be available for Flash War, perhaps another part of Johns' plans.

Then again, maybe I'm full of it and this was just retro-Outsiders Era awful.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 01-10-2018 at 01:23 PM.

And then Batman chastising Wally on his hypothetical use of time travel with Barry standing right there was hysterical.

Baby Justice League got put in their place by daddy JL, hahaha. How pathetic. Dick cut off his balls and basically handed them to Bruce in this issue. I think Roy is a **** character but at least he was the one standing up for the dumb team. People who keep hoping that this team will be taken seriously and be a team that can stand on equal footing to the JL have to be delusional at this point. The team is just a big failure with no direction.

I think the Titans as a concept are horribly flawed and that Abnett's writing is really bad. The book will never rise above being a nostalgic trip for the people who could care less what happens in the book as long as characters they like are on panel together. The people that keep defending the book and believe it is good I don't think I can ever understand the mindset you have with this team, but it is what it is.

I think I will just stop reading like I did with Justice League until a good direction is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty awful. Of course, the League isn't looking so good either, these days. Then again, that might, I say (in my Foghorn Leghorn voice - find it on YouTube if you aren't of a certain age) MIGHT be the point. Johns seems to be predicating a future, about a year hence, in which public confidence in superheroes and, by extension, superhero teams is at a nadir. Given that Abnett is, I believe, one of Johns' favored finds for DC You/Rebirth and Priest is actually writing Johns' old title, the current dysfunction in both Titans and Justice League may be part of his plans for Doomsday Clock. Also, they needed to spring Wally to be available for Flash War, perhaps another part of Johns' plans.

Then again, maybe I'm full of it and this was just retro-Outsiders Era awful.
    Ok, I can see what you think. But things could have been handled in other ways.
    First of all, when Abnett showed us a public confidence in the Titans as a team? People barely know them. That aside, if you want people to go against them, just make them really screw up with the public opinion, not the JL.
    Springing Wally or putting Donna into the Watchtower or even disband the team... why just don't make those things a choice of the team? Wally wanted to take a leave of absence right before he "died", so why not go on with that? Donna too could have decided to restrain herself while finding put what to do. Dick disbanding the team for a while, waiting for them to make teir own decisions, it makes sense too. So, why this garbage?

Astonishing Member

Reboot screwed over Titans franchise and none of the current writers are helping.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Ok, I can see what you think. But things could have been handled in other ways.
    First of all, when Abnett showed us a public confidence in the Titans as a team? People barely know them. That aside, if you want people to go against them, just make them really screw up with the public opinion, not the JL.
    Springing Wally or putting Donna into the Watchtower or even disband the team... why just don't make those things a choice of the team? Wally wanted to take a leave of absence right before he "died", so why not go on with that? Donna too could have decided to restrain herself while finding put what to do. Dick disbanding the team for a while, waiting for them to make teir own decisions, it makes sense too. So, why this garbage?
    Yeah, you’re right. I am reasonably sure there is SOME plan here (although I freely admit my speculation may be hot air in search of a thought balloon), but this story was not ... encouraging.