Page 385 of 671 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    No matter what's come from this book since or what may come in the future, I'll maintain Return of Wally West was good, the first couple issues especially were excellent, the Superman issue was good as well, and the Fearsome Five arc wasn't bad.

Just from those first 10 issues, its better than everything else post-2003.
    I disagree, it was slow and full of cliches and didn't add anything to any character. Superman
    issue wasn't terrible but forgettable, kind of boring but was less annoying that what would come after. Fearsome Five arc was bad.

All around lesser stories of concepts that have done before.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 01-12-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I mean what the Hell

When did diana get like this, why does she hate donna so much she takes no intrest in actually helping she been a shitty mentor
    and i blame troia on her

I cant believe the jsutice league would do this, its like their yelling at themselves, this is why the sucide squad exist
    Thehy should be offering them a hand and instead they throw on leashes

I didn’t think much of Titans issue 19 mostly Justice League treating Titans like children and rest of issue was about Roy the art was good new artist about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

I mean what the Hell

When did diana get like this, why does she hate donna so much she takes no intrest in actually helping she been a shitty mentor
    and i blame troia on her

I cant believe the jsutice league would do this, its like their yelling at themselves, this is why the sucide squad exist
    Thehy should be offering them a hand and instead they throw on leashes
    Man, The Justice League are a bunch of jerks .

The Young Avengers got more respect then this.

And there's no way Dick takes that. He respects Bruce more then anything but he's not afraid to call him out on his BS.

Mighty Member

No matter what's come from this book since or what may come in the future, I'll maintain Return of Wally West was good, the first couple issues especially were excellent, the Superman issue was good as well, and the Fearsome Five arc wasn't bad.
    Seconded.

Just from those first 10 issues, its better than everything else post-2003.
    Well, up until this part. Love me some Geoff Johns Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    I didn’t think much of Titans issue 19 mostly Justice League treating Titans like children and rest of issue was about Roy the art was good new artist about time.
    Yeah this whole issue was just garbage. Dick was a total little bitch acting like he was a 13 year old again. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Flash all acted like they have never screwed up anything? I wish Wally would have just looked at Barry when he was getting lectured and just said "Flashpoint". I mean even in their own titles right this very minute Gotham is almost in flames because of Batman's screwup and Superman just almost wrecked time because of daddy issues, and yet they both come in and act like this to the Titans?!?

Just garbage writing.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'd be perfectly happy if they just made the whole of this Titans mess disappear via Doomsday Clock and just never mentioned it again. IMO Titans Hunt was a mess that lead into an even bigger mess with the Rebirth Titans book. I say scrap it all and start over from scratch. If DC is so compelled to have a Titans book then please for the love of all that's holy make it a good one instead of the mediocre nonsense such a book has always been saddled with in the past. Actually do SOMETHING interesting and mind blowing and different with it instead of repeating the same tired stories over and over again. Stop trying to use the same formula in an attempt to recreate the magic of NTT, please.

If you can't tell I'm just so frustrated with the whole thing.
    I think you just nailed the problem here. D.C. is trying to redo what worked decades ago, but times have changed and it has become so stale that it isn't working anymore. I've said it in one of the Champions' thread in the Marvel forum, but while this team is a rip-off of the Titans, more or less, it's a lot more compelling because of what happens to the characters and their growing up. D.C. shouldn't have to have checklist for Titan's spots, and yet, it seems mandatory to have :

-Batkid (Dick and Damian)
    -Speedster (Wally and Wally)
    -Psychic chick (Omen and Raven)
    -Atlantean (Garth and Jackson)
    -Female powerhouse (Donna and Kory)
    -The sixth Guy (Roy and Beast Boy)

If D.C. really want to push the Titans, teen or not, they should change the roster. Despite what they think, I don't believe that there is, for instance, need of a Bat-affiliated character in every team for the book to sail, it depends on marketing and a very strong idea to lift the team. I don't have enough knowledge about D.C. C-list and D-list heroes, but I'm pretty sure you could find six of them original enoughs to become new Titans and pitch some strong story for them. Bonus point of diversity and the impact of heroes is actually dealed with in another way that as a token to be fixed on the book's cover.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I disagree, it was slow and full of cliches and didn't add anything to any character. Superman
    issue wasn't terrible but forgettable, kind of boring but was less annoying that what would come after. Fearsome Five arc was bad.

All around lesser stories of concepts that have done before.
    Honestly, I only read the first six issues and those issues were pretty forgettable in my opinion and the art was really, really terrible as well. That's why I ended up dropping the Titans book.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think you just nailed the problem here. D.C. is trying to redo what worked decades ago, but times have changed and it has become so stale that it isn't working anymore. I've said it in one of the Champions' thread in the Marvel forum, but while this team is a rip-off of the Titans, more or less, it's a lot more compelling because of what happens to the characters and their growing up. D.C. shouldn't have to have checklist for Titan's spots, and yet, it seems mandatory to have :

-Batkid (Dick and Damian)
    -Speedster (Wally and Wally)
    -Psychic chick (Omen and Raven)
    -Atlantean (Garth and Jackson)
    -Female powerhouse (Donna and Kory)
    -The sixth Guy (Roy and Beast Boy)

If D.C. really want to push the Titans, teen or not, they should change the roster. Despite what they think, I don't believe that there is, for instance, need of a Bat-affiliated character in every team for the book to sail, it depends on marketing and a very strong idea to lift the team. I don't have enough knowledge about D.C. C-list and D-list heroes, but I'm pretty sure you could find six of them original enoughs to become new Titans and pitch some strong story for them. Bonus point of diversity and the impact of heroes is actually dealed with in another way that as a token to be fixed on the book's cover.
    I think any major, iconic, team that has been around long enough have slots or characters/archetypes that just become expected to show up in any variant of that team.

The problem isn't with the roster, although I wouldn't mind it being changed up a bit. The problem is with the stories.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The problem isn't with the roster, although I wouldn't mind it being changed up a bit. The problem is with the stories.
    Yeah, I think the strength of any roster lies in the writing, and I just don't think this team is getting the writing it deserves/needs.

BANNED

Brought this up before when others made similar complaints, but the thing is that, no, people don't want different. At least not that they're aware of. My favorite incarnation of 'Teen Titans' had a completely new and different cast, tone and stories...and it only lasted two years, most of its cast never being seen again in a meaningful way.

The most popular 'Teen Titans' book since Wolfman? Geoff Johns' run, which, on top of my myriad of other issues which make me loathe it, played into the 'We Want to be like Wolfman' idea harder than any other era.

Teen Titans is the book I feel needs a roster shake-up, but Titans itself could do very interesting things. It's got a great cast, one which hasn't been played out as a unit, but the last year has just had poor writing.

You know I used to defend this title but at this point I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm not even sure it has potential to get better and I was really looking forward to catch up with the comic but I kinda regret reading the last couple of issues. Wally's return was amazing and I'm happy we got him back but that's the only positive thing about the book. You would think after so many years and one failure after another DC would have done more to save the Titans franchise but I was wrong. I think I'm especially disappointed in Barry's relationship with Wally or rather how the author is handling it, seriously what has he done for him since he has returned? I'm serious tell me because I could have missed something. (or ignore the last part because I don't want to start any drama).

Anyway I just hope the Flash War will treat Wally better - I'm getting really fed up with how Wally is being treated in this book. Also let Nightwing move on from the team. I get it Wally and Dick are important for the sales and for the history of the team but if DC want to make the title work they don't need Nightwing (or Wally). Try a new roster, new ideas and get a better writer (and editors). I really missed to see Nightwing and Wally together (plus I'm a huge fan of the original team) but the current concept of the book isn't working in my opinion.
    ...but hey if DC actually have a plan for the book and it works out in the end I'll take my words back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think the strength of any roster lies in the writing, and I just don't think this team is getting the writing it deserves/needs.
    I agree but I think the major problem is also the fanbase. I mean the book is selling well and I see so much love for it at other places but I think it's mostly due to nostalgia. I think a new team + new ideas might gain a new fanbase and make the franchise work because whatever DC is doing right now won't work for long.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Brought this up before when others made similar complaints, but the thing is that, no, people don't want different. At least not that they're aware of. My favorite incarnation of 'Teen Titans' had a completely new and different cast, tone and stories...and it only lasted two years, most of its cast never being seen again in a meaningful way.

The most popular 'Teen Titans' book since Wolfman? Geoff Johns' run, which, on top of my myriad of other issues which make me loathe it, played into the 'We Want to be like Wolfman' idea harder than any other era.

Teen Titans is the book I feel needs a roster shake-up, but Titans itself could do very interesting things. It's got a great cast, one which hasn't been played out as a unit, but the last year has just had poor writing.
    I think people gravitate towards the familiar, though they also prefer when that familiar is actually written or utilized well.

Of course, your mileage will always vary on that.

Honestly, I think both Titans casts have a lot of potential, it's just neither are being utilized as effectively as they could be.

Extraordinary Member

Unless you have some amazing writer, a team with just C and D listers will not sell, and giving a team name to a new group with a roster that is completely different from their iconic line up is also imo also not such a great move.