Page 386 of 671 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The problem isn't with the roster, although I wouldn't mind it being changed up a bit. The problem is with the stories.
    I might be wrong, but I really think that in this case, the roster of Titans (more specifically) is detrimental to the book, because author and editors are always running after a Golden Age for those characters instead of trying something new. It doesn't help that those chracters aren't teen anymore but young adults, and yet in half the issues they seem to behave between themselves more like teenagers than the experienced heroes they are supposed to be (Nightwing went undercover into Spyral at Batman's request among many twists and turns in a long career, for crying out loud, you would think that a guy like that would be more apt at dealing with the situations at hand !).

Titans is sitting between two chairs, the NTT Golden Age and the Experienced-Heroes... and you can't have both styles in the same moment, either your heroes are still in training and dealing with a lot of changes in their life (among which puberty) or they are experienced and know how to deal with bad situations with a minimum amount of drama, except crisis of vast magnitude. Sadly, despite their results, the Titans haven't demonstrated the latter, and that's the problem, really.

I'm not trying to throw shade or anything, because I like both books, but last time I checked the sales isn't Titans and Teen Titans actually selling 10K more then Champions is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not trying to throw shade or anything, because I like both books, but last time I checked the sales isn't Titans and Teen Titans actually selling 10K more then Champions is?
    They are indeed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Brought this up before when others made similar complaints, but the thing is that, no, people don't want different. At least not that they're aware of. My favorite incarnation of 'Teen Titans' had a completely new and different cast, tone and stories...and it only lasted two years, most of its cast never being seen again in a meaningful way.
    1996 Teen Titans were not bad book, but those guys picking up the Teen Titans name felt kind of random and since there wasn't much of a connection between them and the original members.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    1996 Teen Titans were not bad book, but those guys picking up the Teen Titans name felt kind of random and since there wasn't much of a connection between them and the original members.
    Exactly. The point I was making was that when something goes against the familiar, people reject it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I might be wrong, but I really think that in this case, the roster of Titans (more specifically) is detrimental to the book, because author and editors are always running after a Golden Age for those characters instead of trying something new. It doesn't help that those chracters aren't teen anymore but young adults, and yet in half the issues they seem to behave between themselves more like teenagers than the experienced heroes they are supposed to be (Nightwing went undercover into Spyral at Batman's request among many twists and turns in a long career, for crying out loud, you would think that a guy like that would be more apt at dealing with the situations at hand !).

Titans is sitting between two chairs, the NTT Golden Age and the Experienced-Heroes... and you can't have both styles in the same moment, either your heroes are still in training and dealing with a lot of changes in their life (among which puberty) or they are experienced and know how to deal with bad situations with a minimum amount of drama, except crisis of vast magnitude. Sadly, despite their results, the Titans haven't demonstrated the latter, and that's the problem, really.
    These are examples of story problems, not roster problems. The solution isn't to ditch the roster; it's too Tell different kinds of stories than what they've been telling.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 01-12-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Teen Titans is the book I feel needs a roster shake-up, but Titans itself could do very interesting things. It's got a great cast, one which hasn't been played out as a unit, but the last year has just had poor writing.
    Teen Titans is definitely the book that need the most work. It would just work better if they got rid of Damien and Starfire and added a few other characters. Just keep Damien and Jon in in the Super Sons book apart from the Teen Titans except for crossovers.

Teen Titans:

Stargirl
    Aqualad
    Kid Flash
    Beast Boy
    Power Girl (Tanya) or Supergirl
    Bunker
    Raven
    Blue Beetle

Titans:

Arsenal
    Nightwing
    Starfire
    Donna Troy
    Tempest
    Omen
    Flash (Wally)
    (with guest apperances by Bumblebee, Guardian, Hawk, and Dove)

Super Sons:

Superboy (Jon)
    Robin (Damien)

Extraordinary Member

Exactly. The point I was making was that when something goes against the familiar, people reject it.
    If you make a team of entierly new charcters, you need to find a new audeince, that doesn't really change if you just put the name of an old team on the cover.

When it comes to the change of the current roasters, for the "Teen Titans" there are imo some potential reactively new candidates, for the "Titans" not really, since most characters that fit in that generation are not exactly new anymore.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-12-2018 at 04:41 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Personally, I think the main problem is that they are to busy trying to capture lightening in a bottle again as happened with NTT that they've hamstrung writer's abilities to do anything of interest with the standard roster of characters, particularly in regards to the older Titans. There are a host of problems that group has but this one is the biggest one I think.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Questions for people who don't like the Fab 5 as a unit: Do you like the Justice League's Big 7? Do you think that it's not the League without the Trinity? Personally, my answer to both of these questions is "No", but I seem to be in the minority there, at least on this forum. Unlike the Big 7, I love the Fab 5, owed primarily to the Devin Grayson run, and while I similarly feel that Titans groups can exist without any members of it, I question why the League gets a pass from many as being classic, iconic and irreplaceable, while the the Fab 5 are deemed boring and stale. Especially since the latter have spent far less time together as a whole than the former.

But the New Teen Titans did something new. Half the roster was new characters, almos every villian was a new creation, and the old characters had new takes, and it was a success.

It is crazy to think that writers has been unable to introduce new concepts to this team since the 80's, and the people wonder why they have become so stale.

The Fab 5 are no Big 7. An argument could be made for the NTT lineup given their popularity, but I don't think so. I think BB and Raven need a long break.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Questions for people who don't like the Fab 5 as a unit: Do you like the Justice League's Big 7? Do you think that it's not the League without the Trinity? Personally, my answer to both of these questions is "No", but I seem to be in the minority there, at least on this forum. Unlike the Big 7, I love the Fab 5, owed primarily to the Devin Grayson run, and while I similarly feel that Titans groups can exist without any members of it, I question why the League gets a pass from many as being classic, iconic and irreplaceable, while the the Fab 5 are deemed boring and stale. Especially since the latter have spent far less time together as a whole than the former.
    I love the fab 5 but hate the big 7. I think the difference between the two is that the Titans are first and foremost friends while the Justice League are just people who work with each other. If I had my choice the Justice League would have no more than 4 members of the Big 7 on the team at any one time and no more than 2 of the Trinity at the same time except for major events. The biggest strength of a series like the Titans is you can tell smaller more personal stories with the character while the Justice League has just become all action all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I love the fab 5 but hate the big 7. I think the difference between the two is that the Titans are first and foremost friends while the Justice League are just people who work with each other. If I had my choice the Justice League would have no more than 4 members of the Big 7 on the team at any one time and no more than 2 of the Trinity at the same time except for major events. The biggest strength of a series like the Titans is you can tell smaller more personal stories with the character while the Justice League has just become all action all the time.
    There isn't one word of this I disagree with.

BANNED

Put Raven and beast boy on the Titans,and put Bunker and red devil on the teen Titans.get cyborg on the Titans,and put Jonn back on the JL team.thata pretty simple

Oh and the Titans are freaking adults,make them badass heroes,that are awesomely adequate at being...just like every other adult team.

Yeah those 2 would do it