Page 392 of 671 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they were that different from their comic counterparts, or at least I think the changes they made didn't make them that unrecognizable from their comic versions where it counted.
    We disagree there I guess. Beast Boy is definitely the most similar, but I just don't see it for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, the show actually used the Fab Five (aside from Donna, who they couldn't use) and other Titans, if not as much as they did the main cast.
    Roy and Garth both appeared in 6 episodes and Wally in 2. And they were almost never the main focus of the episodes they were in. It's not really comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superman Reborn already retconned this. The JL have now been active for a lot more than five years, and the team were reuniting after a hiatus, not forming for the first time, in New 52 Justice League #1 (so John Stewart and Martian Manhunter had their JL histories restored). That means Cyborg is no longer a founder, though his origin still happened in that adventure, meaning his Titans history is still not there.
    Then I think they will just age Cyborg up so he can be a founding member still when he was 18. I just haven't seen anywhere where they plan to remove his founding member status. I wouldn't mind if they did of course, but even if you did you still run into the problem of Cyborg being quite a bit older than the founding Titans members. Him not being in their age group sort of prevents him from ever being on their level.
    Last edited by Badou; 01-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay how many Superman shirts do you think get bought? Again, this is vastly different from adaptations.
    2 or 3, which is also anecdotal and doesn't mean much because it's just relaying a personal experience on an internet forum. You have no way of knowing if it's true any more than I do you just saying you know people who buy the products with the symbol on it just cuz.

This is different, but you originally said that characters like Superman (and presumably Batman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, etc) can't just sell products on recognition and iconography alone. In a multi-media franchise, I was pointing out that that statement isn't accurate across the board. These characters do more than just sell comics and be adapted into cartoons and movies, and some have gotten to the point where you can slap their symbol on random crap and it will sell. Movie wise, there would not be the same initial hype for a Titans film as there was for BvS, which caught the attention of people who had never picked up a comic in their lives and likely never will. Doesn't mean that the final product couldn't be great and have strong word of mouth and critical praise to launch a film franchise, but the product would have to seriously deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Also, you know, none of the main cast acted anything like their comic counterparts.
    They were basically kiddified versions of their comic selves, with some traits exaggerated. Of the Titans, nobody except Terra was radically different. There was precedent for all of their behaviors in the actual comics.

With the same quality of writing, that show could have made ANY group of Titans as 'iconic' as the Wolfman characters are now.
    "Could" being the operative word, but that's not what happened (so far) in the world we live in. They used Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven as the mains, so they got the most exposure, and continued popularity and future use. A hypothetical scenario where they used the Fab 5 instead isn't relevant because it never happened. Until it does, we can never know. For the general public, the five mains of the cartoon are considered the five iconic Titans, not Robin with Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy and Aqualad.

Roy and Garth both appeared in 6 episodes and Wally in 2. And they were almost never the main focus of the episodes they were in. It's not really comparable.
    I think Roy and Garth both got significant focus in the episodes they appeared in, particularly their debuts, and Kid Flash was the only hero in his debut episode.
    They were basically kiddified versions of their comic selves, with some traits exaggerated. Of the Titans, nobody except Terra was radically different. There was precedent for all of their behaviors in the actual comics.
    Terra wasn't that off once she started working for Slade by the end of season 2. She was almost as nuts as she was in the comics.
    "Could" being the operative word, but that's not what happened (so far) in the world we live in. They used Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven as the mains, so they got the most exposure, and continued popularity and future use. A hypothetical scenario where they used the Fab 5 instead isn't relevant because it never happened. Until it does, we can never know. For the general public, the five mains of the cartoon are considered the five iconic Titans, not Robin with Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy and Aqualad.
    Besides, most of them got more exposure in Young Justice anyways, except maybe Garth and obviously Donna (again).

Extraordinary Member

Can Thunder and Lightning come back

Which ones?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Which ones?
    the Bad ones

not

Beating up 2 female Black superheros would not be a good look in 2018

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Disappointed with last issue of Titans,the Titans I know wouldn't let the JLA disband them & leave Arsenal on his own makes me wish that Red Hood (almost) was a Titan.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superman Reborn already retconned this. The JL have now been active for a lot more than five years, and the team were reuniting after a hiatus, not forming for the first time, in New 52 Justice League #1 (so John Stewart and Martian Manhunter had their JL histories restored). That means Cyborg is no longer a founder, though his origin still happened in that adventure, meaning his Titans history is still not there.
    So here's what I think what will happen in the aftermath of Rebirth and Doomsday Clock when it comes to Cyborg: His Former Titans history will be restored and to explain his Justice League membership: have him be a causality in the first Darkseid fight and having the League restore him and offer him membership to keep a closer eye on him.

At least that's how I can see it being restored and as for Raven and Beast Boy's membership: Age regression via magic.

BANNED

In honor of Black Lighting coming out this week I pose this question to Titan fans: Would Black Lighting Kids work on a Teen titans team ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    In honor of Black Lighting coming out this week I pose this question to Titan fans: Would Black Lighting Kids work on a Teen titans team ?
    I want static back, but so many electrical black heroes, I wonder why

Well we could go full Outsiders after this last Titans issue and have Anissa show up again. I mean, for the past few months I was thinking we'd get a new team of Titans that would mirror the upcoming TV show, but like with Dick's new team in YJ seemingly being the Outsiders... what if we got that? Would that be so bad?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Well we could go full Outsiders after this last Titans issue and have Anissa show up again. I mean, for the past few months I was thinking we'd get a new team of Titans that would mirror the upcoming TV show, but like with Dick's new team in YJ seemingly being the Outsiders... what if we got that? Would that be so bad?
    Why a new team whats wrong with this team
    i would rotat Lillth and beem but then it would have to be for other females
    I want to keep are core W G D R D

The lastest issue clearly illustrates what’s wrong with this team.

The latest issue clearly illustrates what's wrong with this writing team.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.