Page 394 of 671 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 10059
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Understand this ppl

The problem is NOT the team

it's the team who writes,does the art,and edits the damn thing,they need all the pissed off fans,all the attention.

Stand United against dumb ****,not awesome characters
    Well how much longer will Abnette have Titans, Assume a shake up in summer and late fall, DC launches their new channel, trailer for Titans, Teen Titans Go Movie, Young Justice S3 and of course we will have our Nightwing Casting Announcement

Just awhile longer
    but we will have to endure the Roy solo arc until spring it seems

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    but we will have to endure the Roy solo arc until spring it seems
    You say endure, I say enjoy. I think this arc is gonna be the best the book has had since its early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You say endure, I say enjoy. I think this arc is gonna be the best the book has had since its early days.
    I agree. Roy's arc is one of the few good things in the book right now.

Ya cause that’s what these Titans need to finally establish this team, solo arcs. This is why these Titans isn’t going to be premiere super team any time soon.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-16-2018 at 11:21 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya cause that’s what the Titans needs to finally establish this team, solo arcs.
    Only that's what we've literally gotten the whole time?

Honestly it feels like sometimes, people just bitch to bitch. With comic fans it's what they do.

To say that none of the other team members have done anything is just plain either ignoring what has actually happened in this book, or lying to yourself, and I'm not sure what it is that people actually seem to prefer. Karen had her whole arc with her memories, Wally is the reason the team is even still sticking together and had a whole arc and solo issue focused on him, Lilith is the team's second in command and had her whole arc with Psymon, Dick was a traitor (and Batman's lapdog), Garth even had the moment where he was up against those girls from the Silent School. The team has been doing things. They just haven't been doing the things that you want them to do.

I'm someone that's actually been enjoying the book for what it has been, and at the same time, I can admit when there are issues with things that I like. And the problem with this book isn't that nothing has happened. It's not even inherently the writing (which could definitely improve); it's certain characterizations. Dick's, specifically. So when I say that they need a new leader, I mean it. There was a time when Dick was the best leader in the DCU, but writers prefer to see him as Batman's lapdog and a bad leader.

Give it to Omen, or even Donna.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    There was a time when Dick was the best leader in the DCU, but writers prefer to see him as Batman's lapdog and a bad leader.
    What Abnett needs to do is write Dick as the competent hero that he is instead of the way he's being written currently. THAT'S all that needs to be done to fix that problem.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Honestly it feels like sometimes, people just bitch to bitch. With comic fans it's what they do.

To say that none of the other team members have done anything is just plain either ignoring what has actually happened in this book, or lying to yourself, and I'm not sure what it is that people actually seem to prefer. Karen had her whole arc with her memories, Wally is the reason the team is even still sticking together and had a whole arc and solo issue focused on him, Lilith is the team's second in command and had her whole arc with Psymon, Dick was a traitor (and Batman's lapdog), Garth even had the moment where he was up against those girls from the Silent School. The team has been doing things. They just haven't been doing the things that you want them to do.

I'm someone that's actually been enjoying the book for what it has been, and at the same time, I can admit when there are issues with things that I like. And the problem with this book isn't that nothing has happened. It's not even inherently the writing (which could definitely improve); it's certain characterizations. Dick's, specifically. So when I say that they need a new leader, I mean it. There was a time when Dick was the best leader in the DCU, but writers prefer to see him as Batman's lapdog and a bad leader.

I was being sarcastic. One of the key problems with this book is that they too busy with solo character work that they never actually got to establishing or developing the team itself. Which is why I repeatedly have said that they are not a team.
    And they don’t do anything, not really. Things happen but it’s not like any of them have really accomplished anything as superheros. Everything thing they have done, for the most part, is deal with situations they have created themselves. Abracadabra went after Wally because of a personal grudge, they went after Hive because Mal and Karen voluntarily went to Hive first to remove their powers, Dick as a traitor was literally a nothing plot, laughably so, and the big bad was Donna herself. Who wasn’t actually a real threat as all it took was one punch to put an end to all of that lol. The Titans as a team are not actually doing or contributing anything. At least not anything of real worth. All they do is help it’s members deal with their own bullshit.

And characterization does in fact come down to the writing. So if it comes down to certain characterizations it comes down to the writing. Dick is being portrayed as the writer here is portraying him. Its bad writing, and counterproductive. Dick isn’t actually suppose to be ****.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-16-2018 at 12:07 PM.

That some things had happen to some characters at some point, is not the same as the TEAM doing things. The team doesn't do anything, just kind of exists.

And bad characterization is bad writing how can you sepas one from the other?

But I don't think the book's problem is Dick characterization, you can take Dick from the book and still nothing happens. Because the problem is that Abnett doesn't have a story to tell. He doesn't have anything for this characters, there is no evolution or interest they star and end in the same point every damn time.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 01-16-2018 at 12:02 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The fact that most of the plots were interwoven is sort of due to the type of team book that this actually is. It all tied together to varying effects. I don't think the writing is bad, but I do think that Dick either needs to be taken off the team or Abnett needs to get better - that's without assuming Abnett will be gone.

And I think that the writing in general has been getting better the past few issues. The only real issue that I've had has been with Dick agreeing to Batman - which, like I said, was bad charaterization. But I thought that he was fine in the early issues, and in Titans Hunt. It 's actually sorta curious.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I was being sarcastic. One of the key problems with this book is that they too busy with solo character work that they never actually got to establishing or developing the team itself. Which is why I repeatedly have said that they are not a team.
    And they don’t do anything, not really. Everything thing they have done, for the most part, is deal with situations they have created themselves. Abracadabra went after Wally because of a personal grudge, they went after Hive because Mal and Karen voluntarily went to Hive first to remove their powers, Dick as a traitor was literally a nothing plot, laughably so, and the big bad was Donna herself. Who wasn’t actually a real threat as all it took was one punch to put an end to all of that lol. The Titans are not actually doing or contributing anything. All they do is deal with its own members bullshit.

And characterization does in fact come down to the writing. So if it comes down to certain characterizations it comes down to the writing. Dick is being portrayed as the writer here is portraying him. Its bad writing, and counterproductive.
    I agree with most of your points, but, in fairness to the current creative team (who, I agree, don't have a feel for these characters at all), this is a problem of long-standing with the Teen Titans/Titans/whatever you call them. I believe it was George Perez who said of the New Teen Titans that, once the initial arc with Trigon was complete and the team was established, the book sort of became a bunch of teenagers hanging around waiting for a safe to drop on their heads. Of course, one could argue that the reason the New Teen Titans worked so well was that the creators understood what they were doing, i.e. that they were writing a teen soap opera with super powers. I'm not sure these creators know what they are trying to do, which is surely at least as much the fault of the editors as the creators.

The fact that most of the plots were interwoven is sort of due to the type of team book that this actually is. It all tied together to varying effects. I don't think the writing is bad, but I do think that Dick either needs to be taken off the team or Abnett needs to get better - that's without assuming Abnett will be gone.

And I think that the writing in general has been getting better the past few issues. The only real issue that I've had has been with Dick agreeing to Batman - which, like I said, was bad charaterization. But I thought that he was fine in the early issues, and in Titans Hunt. It 's actually sorta curious.
    Odd you think the writing has been getting better as most who like the book feel like it has gotten worse. Now that the nostalgia is finally wearing off people are realizing how useless and pointless this team really is. I don't think Dick was written well in Titans Hunt either. I don't think Abnett has once written Dick well since he has had the character. It has always been obvious that he doesn't have much interest in the character because Dick has his own solo book. So he just writes him as a generic leader with zero personality who has accomplished nothing over the course of the whole book.

The problem is that the book is just spinning its wheels and it isn't important enough to be a big driving force for DC's Rebirth story. It just enforces how low a priority the book and team are to DC. The book was set up to be this important part of the overall Rebirth story, or people expected that, but then nothing really came of it. The Abracadabra arc was written because they couldn't use Manhattan, Wally has been a non character in Rebirth and only now are they finally getting around to dealing with him in the Flash book after nearly 2 years, the Hive, traitor, and Lazarus Contract stories were bad rehashes of stories that felt like they went nowhere, and the big bad the whole series had been building to was just an evil Donna from the future that no one took seriously. Then they got grounded by the JL. These just aren't good stories, but I think it goes beyond just bad writing and I don't think the team itself works because DC has no idea what to do with them.

"Hanging out together with some teen drama" works when they were sidekicks but now they are supposed to be adults, they need to be more proactive as a team.

You can't put a power creep like Wally on team and have him fight against Fearsome Five or pee himself at the sight of Deathstroke. Wolfman was at least sensible enough to cut him off from NTT because he didn't fit in whereas Abnett cuts his legs to make it work. If a concept is broken then it's broken, period.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Now that the nostalgia is finally wearing off people are realizing how useless and pointless this team really is.
    For those of us who liked the book early on, that has nothing to do with our complaints at all.

Some people wrote the book off quickly due to old burns but Titans had a purpose at least. I genuinely didn't think they would drop their reunion goal after one arc and never mention it again.

And they don’t do anything, not really. Things happen but it’s not like any of them have really accomplished anything as superheros. Everything thing they have done, for the most part, is deal with situations they have created themselves. Abracadabra went after Wally because of a personal grudge, they went after Hive because Mal and Karen voluntarily went to Hive first to remove their powers, Dick as a traitor was literally a nothing plot, laughably so, and the big bad was Donna herself. Who wasn’t actually a real threat as all it took was one punch to put an end to all of that lol. The Titans as a team are not actually doing or contributing anything. At least not anything of real worth. All they do is help it’s members deal with their own bullshit.

And characterization does in fact come down to the writing. So if it comes down to certain characterizations it comes down to the writing. Dick is being portrayed as the writer here is portraying him. Its bad writing, and counterproductive. Dick isn’t actually suppose to be ****.
    With the possible exception of Mal and Karen, none of the other situations can be blamed on the team. Wally's enemy having a grudge against him is no different than any other hero and how is Donna at fault for something a possible future version of herself did