Page 395 of 671 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 10059

Remember long ago when Donna was married and made a living as a photographer? When she eventually became a mother? Back then, she had a life. Now… not so much.

I won't go as far as Badou and say that the team is pointless; but its members have been diminished over the years. The purpose of this book was to build them up again; but somewhere along the way, the writers lost sight of that.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Remember long ago when Donna was married and made a living as a photographer? When she eventually became a mother? Back then, she had a life. Now… not so much.

I won't go as far as Badou and say that the team is pointless; but its members have been diminished over the years. The purpose of this book was to build them up again; but somewhere along the way, the writers lost sight of that.
    I don’t think they were interested in their purpose to begin with, I’d like the Titans to be worth something under someone that cared about them

I don't think the purpose was evere to build them up again, just put them somewhere and sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I don't think the purpose was evere to build them up again, just put them somewhere and sell.
    I think this is the main problem and I agree with Sakuyamons, the team needs a creative team that cares about the team otherwise we will only get more recycled stories to please the fans and to sell more books. I really have a hard time to understand how DC could waste both opportunities to build up the Titans franchise: New 52 and Rebirth. It gave them the perfect chance to start new, to change things, to try out new concepts and stories but nothing happened. There are so many young and talented writers out there plus the company has its own capable writers seriously DC really has no excuse.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-16-2018 at 02:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I think this is the main problem and I agree with Sakuyamons, the team needs a creative team that cares about the team otherwise we will only get more recycled stories to please the fans and to sell more books. I really have a hard time to understand how DC could waste both opportunities to build up the Titans franchise: New 52 and Rebirth. It gave them the perfect chance to start new, to change things, to try out new concepts and stories but nothing happened. There are so many young and talented writers out there plus the complany has its own capable writers seriously DC really has no excuse.
    I'd love to know what Abnett's history with the Titans is and if this was a job he was excited about getting. Because that factor aside, choosing him as the writer definitely made sense. My immediate thought upon seeing this book was 'Dan Abnett writing the Fab 5? Perfect.' Combined with the drop off in quality once we hit a story we know only happened the way it did because of editorial, it's why I will continue to blame the Titans franchise's struggle mostly on incompetent people in editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    For those of us who liked the book early on, that has nothing to do with our complaints at all.
    I think it did. Some were so excited that these characters were a team again and they praised the early issues, even Titans Hunt, as being great stories when they weren't that strong, but the same problems the book has now are the same problems it had at the start. Now more and more readers are starting to take notice of its problems when they have always been there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Honestly, the purpose of Titans was to silence criticism from fans who felt that their favorite characters were being misused in other books(which was true). There seems to have been no planning after that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I think this is the main problem and I agree with Sakuyamons, the team needs a creative team that cares about the team otherwise we will only get more recycled stories to please the fans and to sell more books. I really have a hard time to understand how DC could waste both opportunities to build up the Titans franchise: New 52 and Rebirth. It gave them the perfect chance to start new, to change things, to try out new concepts and stories but nothing happened. There are so many young and talented writers out there plus the complany has its own capable writers seriously DC really has no excuse.

Recycled storylines (unfortunately) always happen with the Titans franchise. Recycled stories and deaths for shock value have and always will be the downfall of the Titans franchise. The only time anyone tried something new was during the New 52 and all the good ideas were lost due to terrible execution.

Yeah, she married to an ******* and lost her son in an accident, best life ! But yeah she had one.

But I can understand why she don't really have one right know. I mean she came back only at the end of N52 WW then appear in Titans Hunt for that whole the Themyscyra stuff from Wonder Woman got retconed. They had to find a way to adress that to us. But yeah she need something else. And I thing make her appear in the Wonder Woman would be helping that, it what a lot of people are waiting because from the fab 5 everyone appeared in their mentor books but not her. Also jail her in the Watch Tower was a stupid move by Wonder Woman (welp the writers), I mean if you don't want her to lose her mind let her live her life with her friend even if they can't do their team thing.

Also I really hope they'll not bring back Terry for her, with what he did to her in the pre flashpoint. I don't want him near her and let Roy and Donna together like it should have been since a longtime...

Donna should be a lesbian imo, let her be happy with a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    If I wasn't shipping her with someone. I would have said yes. But that's not the case haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    If I wasn't shipping her with someone. I would have said yes. But that's not the case haha.
    I'm always gonna like Donna with Roy, but Kory would probably be my second pick to be with her,

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

What about Donna and Lilith together?

I feel like Donna should have a civilian love interest if she's not going to be with, say, someone like Roy or Kyle.

But that would require her actually having a life outside of the costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    What about Donna and Lilith together?
    It was Lilith who made Donna broke up with Roy, because of her prophecy. I'm a Donna/Roy skipper, and I love her relationship with Lian. Let's give them a chance to be happy!