Page 396 of 671 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 10059
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    But I can understand why she don't really have one right know. I mean she came back only at the end of N52 WW then appear in Titans Hunt for that whole the Themyscyra stuff from Wonder Woman got retconed. They had to find a way to adress that to us. But yeah she need something else. And I thing make her appear in the Wonder Woman would be helping that, it what a lot of people are waiting because from the fab 5 everyone appeared in their mentor books but not her. Also jail her in the Watch Tower was a stupid move by Wonder Woman (welp the writers), I mean if you don't want her to lose her mind let her live her life with her friend even if they can't do their team thing.
    It still blows my mind that they had two opportunities to streamline Donna down (New 52 and Rebirth), and they completely screwed it up both times. Maybe Azzarello and Rucka had zero interest in trying to deal with Donna, but I think there was enough wiggle room in both of their takes for other writers to fill in the blanks. Yeah, Donna wasn't visibly present in Year One; it was meant to be a streamlined origin for the title character and dealing with Donna's bullshit is kind of counter to that, but even so, Abnett could have written some scenes of her on Paradise Island and why she was "off screen" during the Contest. But nope, we have to go with the New 52 origin again. Which still does not make a lick of sense, as doesn't Wally have memories stretching back several years with her in them, whereas Clay Terminator Donna Troy is fairly new? And New 52 Donna are explicitly mentioned by Diana in the Lies before it's revealed that that story was an illusion, so Rucka was still offering an out that DC didn't take.

She has a radically different and hostile relationship with her sister, NO relationship to her mother, her marriage, son and stepdaughter are out of continuity, her new stupid origin means that the Evans family and Mrs. Cassidy are gone, she doesn't have her career as a photographer to my knowledge so her friend Carl is gone, no sisterly bonds with Starfire and (to a lesser extent) Raven that I've seen, etc. She's got her four Fab 5 friends and they're all being written like crap. She really has nothing going on right now. I'm doubtful a creative team shift would even help her in particular at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It still blows my mind that they had two opportunities to streamline Donna down (New 52 and Rebirth), and they completely screwed it up both times. Maybe Azzarello and Rucka had zero interest in trying to deal with Donna, but I think there was enough wiggle room in both of their takes for other writers to fill in the blanks. Yeah, Donna wasn't visibly present in Year One; it was meant to be a streamlined origin for the title character and dealing with Donna's bullshit is kind of counter to that, but even so, Abnett could have written some scenes of her on Paradise Island and why she was "off screen" during the Contest. But nope, we have to go with the New 52 origin again. Which still does not make a lick of sense, as doesn't Wally have memories stretching back several years with her in them, whereas Clay Terminator Donna Troy is fairly new? And New 52 Donna are explicitly mentioned by Diana in the Lies before it's revealed that that story was an illusion, so Rucka was still offering an out that DC didn't take.

She has a radically different and hostile relationship with her sister, NO relationship to her mother, her marriage, son and stepdaughter are out of continuity, her new stupid origin means that the Evans family and Mrs. Cassidy are gone, she doesn't have her career as a photographer to my knowledge so her friend Carl is gone, no sisterly bonds with Starfire and (to a lesser extent) Raven that I've seen, etc. She's got her four Fab 5 friends and they're all being written like crap. She really has nothing going on right now. I'm doubtful a creative team shift would even help her in particular at this point.
    You and me both, SP02. You and me both.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Donna should be a lesbian imo, let her be happy with a girlfriend.
    I hope in the TV show she is

Also i want her and starfire to be friends again Bash sisters

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Idea: Donna and Kori as girlfriends.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Honestly, they kind of were already...

BANNED

Is this CBR or Tumblr?
    Last edited by stephens2177; 01-16-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It very much depends on how you use the word...
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Is this CBR or Tumblr?
    Dont get me wrong their good as best friends too, and i miss starfire with people her own age
    I just see somthing their as more

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

God forbid someone do something interesting and inspired with a character that isn't exactly in tune with certain peoples' perspectives.

It's not like all Amazon's are said to be some kind of queer anyway, or like Tamaran is a sexually ambitious planet.

Oh! Wait...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

How come the Teen titans are not ripped apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Based on the outcome/Raven's reaction at the end of the "Supersons of Tomorrow" crossover, it could definitely happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Soon. We know that the YJ members(Tim, Cassie, Kon and Bart)will be back somehow and other Titans/TT members are finishing up their roles in other books. My guess is that by the time this is all over we will have three teams: Titans, TT and YJ.

Also this whole arc was character derailment for Raven and BB to make Damian seem more sympathetic. I don't care how close and loyal they were to present Tim, it makes no sense for them to team up with Future Tim to hunt down a child.

Did they ever mention what happened to future Jon after he destroyed the city?

He didn't survive the blast.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For those who forgot this..

Next Week: Nightwing New Order(with Dick, Starfire and wally), Teen Titans 16, the starfire chapter, the one-shot epic written by comics legend Marv Wolfman! and Raven: Daughter of Darkness..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-19-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Soon. We know that the YJ members(Tim, Cassie, Kon and Bart)will be back somehow and other Titans/TT members are finishing up their roles in other books. My guess is that by the time this is all over we will have three teams: Titans, TT and YJ.

Also this whole arc was character derailment for Raven and BB to make Damian seem more sympathetic. I don't care how close and loyal they were to present Tim, it makes no sense for them to team up with Future Tim to hunt down a child.

Did they ever mention what happened to future Jon after he destroyed the city?
    I meant specificaly the JL telling them to stop and challenging them
    Supes and Bats already strong arms their sons

Raven and kFlash are just as much a danger as Donna and Wally

But are they really planning on doing a 3 layer bean dip of Titans Unlimisted Dick, Tim, Damian and their generation of heroes all lumped together
    we have to another superboy, another kid flash and another wonder person

Everyone will be mad becasue the heroes they favor wont get enough Screentime, jsut like YJ as it expanded or even Justice league unlimited

It be kind of insulting to stick the current titans with some of thease kids, Id rather they jsut do crossovers to mentor their counterparts, that one thing the Lazarus Contract got right