Page 4 of 671 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    Fair enough. Who would be your ideal line-up for a new title or re-launch?
    What would your launch team be?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What would your launch team be?
    I'm really partial to the New Teen Titans line-up, and enjoy Young a Justice too. So a combo of those would be my dream team.....

I'd have loved the new52 version to have been re-booted as; Beast Boy, Wonder-Girl (Donna Troy), Kid-Flash (Wally West), Raven (New Teen Titans version), Aqua-Lad (Young Justice cartoon version), Starfire (for Dick's love interest) and Nightwing. After a short stint Nightwing hands over reins to Robin (Tim Drake) who could become Red Robin (or whatever). Star fire could leave team after Dick does and a new girl member joins after. (Maybe Rose Wilson to pay homage to Deathstroke/Titan days.)

A rebooted Jericho would be cool too!
    Last edited by Agent 37; 05-23-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

It'd prefer that they go with a completely new team instead of trying to recapture the NTT glory days yet again. That's never worked before. Look towards the future instead of trying to relive the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It'd prefer that they go with a completely new team instead of trying to recapture the NTT glory days yet again. That's never worked before. Look towards the future instead of trying to relive the past.
    It worked for the Geoff Johns Titans that used the original 7 (or legacy versions) plus Superboy.
    I think the times it really faltered is when the number of the classic (or legacy) characters was lower than the number of new characters.

That said, I would also use the New Teen Titans series and Young Justice cartoon as a starting point. Pick about four or five characters from those then add in two or three new ones.

An interesting thing to remember also, is that the original New Teen Titans run by Wolfman played out more like an expanded Fantastic Four. Aside from swapping Kid Flash for Jericho, there were barely any team changes. New members were usually temporary (Kole and Terra). It wasn't until Danny Chase (the first new permanent member) came along that the title began to lose its steam.

Just like the Justice League, the New Teen Titans founding members have become something of a legendary team. Sure, you can replace one or two (like Martian Manhunter/Cyborg) but more that half and it loses its identity. The teams can gain new members but they have to grow into it naturally, I think, to where when someone thinks of the Titans the characters automatically spring to mind.

The pool of characters I would choose from would be:

Nightwing
    Wonder Girl (whoever is going by the name)
    Kid Flash/Impulse
    Red Arrow
    Aqualad (the Young Justice version)
    Tempest (Garth)
    Changeling
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Starfire
    Red Robin
    Robin
    Superboy
    Supergirl
    Hawk
    Dove
    Miss Martian
    Batgirl
    Static

I would pick about five of those and add a couple new characters. Once the new characters gain familiarity with readers, I would slowly replace a few more legacy members with new characters. But I would also bring in a few legacy members to keep the title feeling like a Titans book.

We have to remember that the "heart" of Teen Titans is being a Junior Justice League. It originally formed with sidekicks and really that's where the initial characters need to come from. You can add or subtract from that later.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    I'm really partial to the New Teen Titans line-up, and enjoy Young a Justice too. So a combo of those would be my dream team.....

I'd have loved the new52 version to have been re-booted as; Beast Boy, Wonder-Girl (Donna Troy), Kid-Flash (Wally West), Raven (New Teen Titans version), Aqua-Lad (Young Justice cartoon version), Starfire (for Dick's love interest) and Nightwing. After a short stint Nightwing hands over reins to Robin (Tim Drake) who could become Red Robin (or whatever). Star fire could leave team after Dick does and a new girl member joins after. (Maybe Rose Wilson to pay homage to Deathstroke/Titan days.)

A rebooted Jericho would be cool too!
    I never really liked the Dick and Starfire relationship. Also that seems like a lot of characters for a team starting out.
    How old would Nightwing, Donna, and Wally be?
    I feel that Tim and Damien shouldn't even be around yet since it's supposed to be a reboot. I would've really liked an original five like I keep talking about because those are supposed to be the legacy characters that create the junior Justice League.
    I really like the New Teen Titans team but i wouldn't want those characters right away in a rebooted team.

BANNED

Really liking the Kerschl covers for the Futures' End issue.

Ultimate Member

Hey, Cassie looks like an actual teenage girl instead of a runway model. Well done Kerschl, well done indeed.

BANNED

No more N.O.W.H.E.R.E please

Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Starfire
    Beast Boy
    Raven
    Static
    Blue Beetle
    Terra

Now that would be an amazing Titans line-up!! All of them are individual non JL affiliated characters (besides Robin/Nightwing) and that's how it should be. Young Justice should be the one with the legacy characters (Robin, Impulse, Wonder Girl, Superboy, Red Arrow, Aqualad, Ms. Martian, Aquagirl...etc)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

That's the best the Red Robin suit has looked in a long time. And the idea of a smaller team seems encouraging for better character interactions.

I agree. Those covers are phenomenal! I just don't get what Red Robin is crouching on? Am I missing something?

I like those covers as well and I think all the costumes actually work in this image. Even though Raven's face is still covered, I think her costume is better with the black instead of the silver. I also think Kerschi makes Cassie's red "star" costume work better than before. Although I still wonder why Beast Boy is green now.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

This is the best Tim drake that has been drawn in like forever, that is how you draw a teen or pre teen team.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    This is the best Tim drake that has been drawn in like forever, that is how you draw a teen or pre teen team.
    Exactly. Reminds me of The Runaways.
    Which, while divergent from what a hardcore DC or Titans fan may prefer, it's spot-on for what a YA or a modern teen hero reader would prefer.

Default Titans Together!: Teen Titans Appreciation Thread

I'm not sure if there is already a thread for the TT but, I haven't seen it yet so I'm making this one.

The Titans need some appreciation for the dark times they are currently going through right now.

Post here for everything Titans.

tumblr_licbxw7Mo81qbcc8yo1_500.jpg
    Last edited by byrd156; 09-25-2014 at 01:53 PM.