Page 400 of 671 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm not sure this is smart. Wolfman is like Claremont, his modern work is somewhat outdated - that said I'm interested to see where it goes.

What if we get a Titans relaunch that's identical to the one in the 00's? The team with Dick, Donna, Roy, Gar, Raven, Vic, and Kori. I'll sure as hell miss Omen either way but I could be interested in that by Wolfman.

Or maybe just the current team alongside Kori, Raven, Gar, and Vic? I can see Wolfman juggling a team that size.
    Not counting the Raven series when was the last time Wolfman wrote the Teen Titans for DC ?

I mean if we're going to be getting Claremont 2.0 here again for the Titana, then it's best to be prepared. Plus that team is currently iconic thanks to the Teen Titans animated series.

I mean if anyone can restore Cyborg's history best, then it's bound to be Wolfman, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Not counting the Raven series when was the last time Wolfman wrote the Teen Titans for DC ?

I mean if we're going to be getting Claremont 2.0 here again for the Titana, then it's best to be prepared. Plus that team is currently iconic thanks to the Teen Titans animated series.

I mean if anyone can restore Cyborg's history best, then it's bound to be Wolfman, right ?
    Does Convergence count?

400 pages! Wow! You GO, Titans Fans!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

Convergence. Before that, he wrote an issue of Teen Titans back when Lobdell was still in charge, and basically instated Raven's current origin of her actually being a queen of hell and actually working with Trigon that was pretty hit or miss, such as everything with Raven has been in the current era of comics.

Claremont on modern issues is... strange. It's kind of uncanny valley. That said, the last time he got his hands on a full team (Revolution, X-Treme, Uncanny Redux) so if Claremont on the Titans is the same thing then it has a chance to be very very good, or very very bad.

I'm excited to see what he does with Cyborg. He promised to tie him at least a bit to the Titans once again, and that has to count for something, right? We already know Terra was a Titan once, outside of Abnett's Ten. That means that Vic and Kori could have been at least, too.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

FINALLY, THE 400th PAGE..

BANNED

I'm not sure this is smart. Wolfman is like Claremont, his modern work is somewhat outdated - that said I'm interested to see where it goes.

What if we get a Titans relaunch that's identical to the one in the 00's? The team with Dick, Donna, Roy, Gar, Raven, Vic, and Kori. I'll sure as hell miss Omen either way but I could be interested in that by Wolfman.

Or maybe just the current team alongside Kori, Raven, Gar, and Vic? I can see Wolfman juggling a team that size.
    Claremont is definitely past his sell-by date. Hopefully Wolfman is past those years he suffered with writer's block.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Claremont is definitely past his sell-by date. Hopefully Wolfman is past those years he suffered with writer's block.
    I actually just finished reading the issue. It was very, very good. His Kori is a lot more confident than it used to be, I guess that's what he meant by she's changed.

Also I think there was a reference to Dick as Robin in this issue, because Kori's inner monologue references something 'Robin' says, but it doesn't seem to me like she'd actively take Damian's advice or that it's even anything Damian would say.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Yeah, I really enjoyed this issue. Wolfman really slipped back into Kori, Gar, and Raven like it was nothing. The story was nothing ground-breaking, but it was a very enjoyable fill-in issue. Wolfman's still got it.

I will say though, my absolutely favorite part was the variant cover with Gar, Kori and the rest of the Titans as animals. It was very adorable.

This issue DOES seem to establish Kori's post-Crisis origin as canon, and potentially also establish that Tamaran is kaput.

I thought the issue was pretty solid.

I feel like the team we're getting is going to end up being Dick, Donna, Wally, Roy, Kory, Gar, and Raven. Donna is the only one without a decent push in other media, and even then, she's going to be a recurring guest star in Titans, maybe star in the next Teen Titans DTV, and maybe finally appear in Young Justice.

The only thing I'm basing this on is that Titans is sounding like the team is going to be rebuilt after the Annual, with Dick, Wally, Donna, and Roy as the core 4. Then you have stuff like Kory, Raven, and Gar getting their own splintered focus separate from the other Teen Titans (this Wolfman issue, the next Beast Boy arc, Raven's second mini from Wolfman, etc.), while also highlighting that the Teen Titans aren't working well as a team in their own book. And obviously, synergy with the live-action show would help either team, so it makes sense to me. With the Teen Titans and Titans arcs ending together, I definitely feel like they'll both get restructuring arcs soon, e.g. Percy, who's off Green Arrow, may want to finally add Emiko to the Teen Titans officially, whereas Abnett may push Garth away from Titans to use in Aquaman and use that as an explanation for why Garth is leaving the team.

I feel like Wolfman and DC don't want him to write the Titans book just because it'll end up being compared to the NTT. But then again, he loves these characters and hasn't stopped, even going as far as taking over Cyborg. And hey, while I doubt Vic will ever be allowed to join the Titans again, if Wolfman was on both titles, then maybe we'd get a couple short crossovers? Idk, I think it'd be cool.

BANNED

This issue DOES seem to establish Kori's post-Crisis origin as canon, and potentially also establish that Tamaran is kaput.
    Once again this may show that elements of Pre-new 52/Rebirth time is slowly returning.

I'm watching TT on CN right now, this Terra vs Raven fight is beautiful. I can't believe I hated this art style as a kid.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Teen Titans cancelled? Robin, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy are all joining the Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would say that is a pretty good indicator that the current Teen Titans series is done. This more than anything really makes me think maybe they are going to do a new Young Justice book. With Aqualad being the only Teen Titan unacounted for besides Kid Flash who seem to have quite the team already it really does seem like they are heading that way. But who knows. Putting teenagers like Robin, Raven, and Beast Boy on Justice League teams is pretty much the DUMBEST idea I have ever heard. I mean Robin is what 12? In what universe it is a good idea to put a 12 year old in the Justice League?!?