Page 418 of 671 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 10059

Well Roy and Starfire have already been together now so I don't really see much of a problem if a writer wants to pair up Dick and Donna now. They don't have the problem with sleeping with a "friend's" ex since Roy didn't give a **** about it. Don't think there are really anything standing in their way. Dick would be miles better than Roy at least for Donna, but it would at least be nice for them to be friends first again. They haven't really interacted much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I have read Titans Hunt actually but I mean they both knew Donna it would be very interesting to see Roy and Jason talk about her. Still there is no reason Donna and Jason can start afresh especially when Jason has mellowed out since his days as a psychopathic killer and they should hit it off better as friends anyway.
    I'd like to see Dick and Donna at least have one conversation between each other before she goes off and gets to know Jason. Dick and her haven't really even interacted since she has been back.
    Last edited by Badou; 02-13-2018 at 11:55 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Well how Donna and Artemis could meet ? Roy is one of the best friend of Jason (well one of his only friend), Roy and Donna are pretty much a thing, Artemis is part of the Outlaw and if I understood well where the writers want to go her and Jason will maybe be a thing too.

If Roy and Jason see each other again it will maybe (I hope) happen. And especially if the Outlaws go darker I'll totally see Roy and Kory try to resonate Jason (but it will be Batman as always so welp).
    Not really the writer Mr. Lobdell claims he does not want to put Jason and Artemis together as a couple but the way he writes them it's kind hard not to see that he might be planning to do that. And you think that if the Outlaws gets darker one could see Roy with Donna in tow coming to reason with Jason? It could happen if Lobdell is interested in reliving the old days of the Outlaws.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well Roy and Starfire have already been together now so I don't really see much of a problem if a writer wants to pair up Dick and Donna now. They don't have the problem with sleeping with a "friend's" ex since Roy didn't give a **** about it. Don't think there are really anything standing in their way. Dick would be miles better than Roy at least for Donna, but it would at least be nice for them to be friends first again. They haven't really interacted much yet.

I'd like to see Dick and Donna at least have one conversation between each other before she goes off and gets to know Jason. Dick and her haven't really even interacted since she has been back.
    Roy and Starfire are no longer together at all. Roy and Donna are together so so chance of Donna getting together with Dick.Still you make a good point Dick and Donna have not really interacted much so it might be sometimes before Jason and Donna can meet.

Not really the writer Mr. Lobdell claims he does not want to put Jason and Artemis together as a couple but the way he writes them it's kind hard not to see that he might be planning to do that. And you think that if the Outlaws gets darker one could see Roy with Donna in tow coming to reason with Jason? It could happen if Lobdell is interested in reliving the old days of the Outlaws.
    He made Jason ask to Killer Croc what was Roy doing at the time, so maybe he will do that. And for Artemis and Jason, I used somes solicitations so maybe Lobdell is baiting.

He made Jason ask to Killer Croc what was Roy doing at the time, so maybe he will do that. And for Artemis and Jason, I used somes solicitations so maybe Lobdell is baiting.
    I forgot about Jason's conversation with Killer Croc yeah that could be a telltale sign that Lobdell might be interested in reliving the Outlaws beginnings thought that time was not well-liked by many readers so Lobdell better brace himself. I see th eupcoming Date Night story as some sort of experiment to see whether Jason and Artemis can be a couple at all with the way it the first page looked it might be off to a good start.

Roy and Starfire are no longer together at all. Roy and Donna are together so so chance of Donna getting together with Dick.Still you make a good point Dick and Donna have not really interacted much so it might be sometimes before Jason and Donna can meet.
    I didn't say Roy and Starfire were still together just that they have been together. It is still canon. So there shouldn't be any problem with Dick and Donna getting together if Roy and Starfire were a potential problem for it. Since they might not want to date a friend's ex but since Roy and Starfire did then it is all a mute point now. I think Roy and Starfire having got together opens the door for Dick and Donna but I would like for them to just interact at all first.

I didn't say Roy and Starfire were still together just that they have been together. It is still canon. So there shouldn't be any problem with Dick and Donna getting together if Roy and Starfire were a potential problem for it. Since they might not want to date a friend's ex but since Roy and Starfire did then it is all a mute point now. I think Roy and Starfire having got together opens the door for Dick and Donna but I would like for them to just interact at all first.
    Welp if they do that it will just pissed of all the Babs/Dick and all the Kory/Dick fans and myself as a Roy/Donna fan. I'm pretty sure they'll not even try it.

And yes of course they need more interaction with each other.

Welp if they do that it will just pissed of all the Babs/Dick and all the Kory/Dick fans and myself as a Roy/Donna fan. I'm pretty sure they'll not even try it.

And yes of course they need more interaction with each other.
    Didn't Roy and Starfire piss off all the Dick/Starfire and Roy/Donna fans anyway? They did that and didn't care. I mean whoever Dick is with will piss off the other shipper fans anyway. Dick and Donna could be fun for a while as it would at least give them a reason to interact since they have no reason to do that now. I think her relationship with Dick was her most important one out of every character and it is a shame for it to be so irrelevant now. I mean her with Roy is going to be a disaster as he is a **** up. So that will always end badly. Some Donna fans, like myself, wouldn't mind her moving on from him.

We're going to need to see more issues dedicated to the team interacting with one another for that to even happen.

Didn't Roy and Starfire piss off all the Dick/Starfire and Roy/Donna fans anyway? They did that and didn't care. I mean whoever Dick is with will piss off the other shipper fans anyway. Dick and Donna could be fun for a while as it would at least give them a reason to interact since they have no reason to do that now. I think her relationship with Dick was her most important one out of every character and it is a shame for it to be so irrelevant now. I mean her with Roy is going to be a disaster as he is a **** up. So that will always end badly. Some Donna fans, like myself, wouldn't mind her moving on from him.
    They are super heroes and without him she did have a shitty life in the end (look at the pre-flashpoint continuity) I rather see them go through that together, especially since I find their interaction since a good long time really really good and that they are my two fav character at DC.

With that being said for Roy she is probably the best love interest he had over the time. She is probably the one who cared the most about him, because well Jade is Jade lmao and Kendra in my opinion didn't seems to really care when she left him because of his problem between Lian and Jade.
    And for Donna it's the same in my opinion even if Kyle seemed to be correct (I didn't really read about both of them but for what Donna said after it, Roy was still the most important after) and Terry, I'll not talk about him, just that he was the biggest ******* to her by far.

And like the two time they were together they broke up not because he was a fucked up but because the first time she was protecting him to avoid the prophecy who was for Terry and the second time because she wanted to be herself and not what the other (minus Roy) was seeing in her (the whole Wally who used his memory of her to save her etc...) and it was proven that she still loved him after it (see The Return of Donna Troy, Cry of Justice, the whole part of Titans (the 2008 run when Roy was in the hospital because of Cry of Justice) and The Fall of Arsenal.

So she was probably the best thing in his life (minus Lian) and in my opinion he was one of the best thing in her life.
    With that being said I'll enjoy them together again right now !

Dick and Donna could be fun for a while as it would at least give them a reason to interact since they have no reason to do that now.
    They have a reason to interact. They're very close friends - even if the current writer doesn't seem to get that. They don't have to be sleeping together to be friends and interact, any more than Wally and Dick need to be sleeping together to be friends and interact.

I've always seen Donna and Dick having a brotherly/sisterly kind of vibe, and I prefer it that way.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I've always seen Donna and Dick having a brotherly/sisterly kind of vibe, and I prefer it that way.
    That's exactly how I've ever seen them. And I really hope one day when Abnett (or the next one who will write them) will get that and do it rightfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    They have a reason to interact. They're very close friends - even if the current writer doesn't seem to get that. They don't have to be sleeping together to be friends and interact, any more than Wally and Dick need to be sleeping together to be friends and interact.

Given how Donna is being written she is only allowed to interact with characters she is romantically interested in, like a Roy or a Wally. So Dick isn't important to her character, even if I think he should be the most important. I always looked at Donna being Dick's best friend more so than even him and Wally, but Abnett doesn't seem to care about any of that. Plus this Donna isn't really anything like the old one so I'm less attached to her.

I mean it wasn't dumb Roy who the real Donna talked to the last time we saw her in the DCU before the New 52 happened. It was Dick when they were in the JL together and they had that real touching moment where Donna questions if what they did mattered and Dick assures her that it did and she will always be who she is no matter what happens. It is a bit sad that hasn't really happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Starfire looks weird to me mainly because her civilian look makes it seem like they wanted to use Kole instead of Kori.
    THAT'S what was bothering me! I couldn't figure out what character civilian Starfire reminded me of. I thought Lilith (the skirt action) for a moment but not the hair...KOLE!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-13-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Given how Donna is being written she is only allowed to interact with characters she is romantically interested in...
    That's just bad writing. That's what needs to be fixed.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/