Page 420 of 671 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Just read this week's issue. I like it. Spotlight on Roy, and, of course, things go sideways.
    Well it was totally obvious that would go like that.

I liked it too, it was probably one of the best issue of the book so far (no wonder, Roy has been the most well written Titans character since Titans Hunt lmao) and of course I have my hopes on something for the following that with the solicitation we got or not but we will see how Abnett will do things. I'm looking foward to the following.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Just read this week's issue. I like it. Spotlight on Roy, and, of course, things go sideways.
    Roy was done well. I thought everyone else was meh except Wally, who was done rather weakly, and Dick, who was painfully out of character as he has been for a while in this title.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Roy was done well. I thought everyone else was meh except Wally, who was done rather weakly, and Dick, who was painfully out of character as he has been for a while in this title.
    Hiow is Nightwing being written out of character? Do you refer to the whole secrets thing? In fact Diana was right they should be on Roy's tail in case things snowball.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

“Batman told me not to bother Donna”, oh shove it up your butt DC.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-14-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Hiow is Nightwing being written out of character? Do you refer to the whole secrets thing? In fact Diana was right they should be on Roy's tail in case things snowball.
    Sure, Diana's right. And one would expect that (having Roy's back) is what Dick and Wally would be doing. But ... it isn't. They are moving Wally into his new place, which is a fine and wonderful thing to do on a Saturday afternoon but not very superheroic. Now, they really don't know what's going on and what exactly Roy is into, and even superheros have chores to do, so give a pass on that. But Wally, who was once the Flash and remembers being the Flash, appears nervous as to whether they should even be talking without JL permission. Dick, who was once Batman and certainly remembers being Batman, is going on about how he's sure the JL will let them get back together and about how Bruce doesn't want him to be in touch with Donna, for all the world acting like a child who's been spanked.

Come to think of it, Donna doesn't help going on about how Roy doesn't have a mentor to look out for him. I mean, it's sweet and all, but the implication is that Wally always has Daddy Flash and Dick always has Daddy Bats to fall back on. Which, when you press the issue, is true, but put that way doesn't exactly make the characters very competent.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 02-14-2018 at 11:00 AM.

I've always greatly enjoyed the Teen Titans, especially the 2003 animated series. In fact, they are tied with Young Justice (2010 animated series) for my favorite team of young superheroes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Really? That is the words from Nightwing! I am not picking this series up until Abnett is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Sure, Diana's right. And one would expect that (having Roy's back) is what Dick and Wally would be doing. But ... it isn't. They are moving Wally into his new place, which is a fine and wonderful thing to do on a Saturday afternoon but not very superheroic. Now, they really don't know what's going on and what exactly Roy is into, and even superheros have chores to do, so give a pass on that. But Wally, who was once the Flash and remembers being the Flash, appears nervous as to whether they should even be talking without JL permission. Dick, who was once Batman and certainly remembers being Batman, is going on about how he's sure the JL will let them get back together about how Bruce doesn't want him to be in touch with Donna, for all the world acting like a child who's been spanked.

Come to think of it, Donna doesn't help going on about how Roy doesn't have a mentor to look out for him. I mean, it's sweet and all, but the implication is that Wally always has Daddy Flash and Dick always has Daddy Bats to fall back on. Which, when you press the issue, is true, but put that way doesn't exactly make the characters very competent.
    This is an unusual downgrade from the kid heroes who wanted to prove that they were their own thing I don't understand what Dan Abnett has to gain by forcing the plot by messing the way the characters are written. None of it makes sense so all I can say is eh at this point. They need a new writer one who actually will not rely on forcing the plot illogically.

Kick Abnett off the book and just give him a Roy solo. He is the only character he really wants to write, imo. It was like that all the way back to Titans Hunt when he focused mostly on Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Kick Abnett off the book and just give him a Roy solo. He is the only character he really wants to write, imo. It was like that all the way back to Titans Hunt when he focused mostly on Roy.
    I will never understand comic book writers and why they insist on forcing the plot or why they love focusing on one particular character are they adults or children? Seriously there is something wrong with all these writers that makes me wish Marvel and DC employed psychiatrists to examine them.

The Roy and Cheshire stuff was pretty nice (like 50% sure Lian is on the horizon), as was Diana trying to be nice to Donna. But I'm still really hating this whole "Titans breakup" thing. I don't even think the League has any authority to swoop in and break up the TEEN Titans, let alone the adults. This whole situation just irks the **** out of me. Not helped by Dick and Wally both talking about things they "aren't allowed to do". Like, come on now. Y'all are grown ass men. Y'all don't work for the League and both of you have been members. None of them can pull rank on you! XD

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yeah I liked the Roy/Cheshire and Donna/Diana bits of this issue a whole lot. I'd like to see more stuff of that quality on the horizon, but you never can know with Abnett.

The Wally stuff especially feels weird given what happened in Flash #40.

Did we just see Lian's conception, y'all?
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 02-14-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    “Batman told me not to bother Donna”, oh shove it up your butt DC.
    Not the words I would have used, but - exactly right!

The Justice League are not supposed to be the tyrannical rulers of Earth, and the Titans are all adults with years of crime-fighting and world-saving behind them (and they defeated Big Bad Evil Donna Troy From The Future), so they should make their own decisions about what works best for them. Dick not checking in with one of his closest friends while she is dealing with a major personal crisis - 'cause Bruce said not to! - and Wally whining about how, if they're not together in a superhero team, then they can't really be BFFs anymore, is actually painful for me to read.

(Wally - dude! - you can run close to the speed of light. So you can grab a beer with Dick any time you want.)

This is an appalling regression for all the characters involved, and just seems kind of sad to me. And since I hate Donna's latest-in-a-long-string-of-increasingly-bad-origins, and everything that comes from it, the book has been frustrating to me for a while.

I have an investment in the characters that goes back to my early days of comic-book reading, and I'm curious to see what they're going to do with them. It's hard for me not to keep reading just to keep tabs. But I would like to see a new creative team and a new direction.

And, while I like some of the stuff being done with Roy, I think that, more and more, DCU superheroes are a little too quick to give mass murderers the benefit of the doubt. (Admittedly, continuity being as fluid as it is right now, we don't know if this Jade ever blew up half of Qurac. But they haven't indicated she's much different than she used to be.) But I guess if Batman (the paragon of justice) can invite Lobo (an unrepentant, sociopathic, genocidal murderer) to join a Justice League team - and all of Batman's evil-fighting friends apparently shrug and say, "well, hey, it's Bruce, y'know?" - then anything goes.

Hey! Maybe Batman should recruit Big Bad Evil Donna Troy From The Future to be on one of his Justice League teams! And yet still tell the Titans they have to break up, and keep current Donna under house arrest. Wouldn't that be cool?
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    And, while I like some of the stuff being done with Roy, I think that, more and more, DCU superheroes are a little too quick to give mass murderers the benefit of the doubt. (Admittedly, continuity being as fluid as it is right now, we don't know if this Jade ever blew up half of Qurac. But they haven't indicated she's much different than she used to be.)
    Well in GA she was willing to poison the whole potable water from Central City and she would have done it if Roy and the whole arrow team wasn't there to stop her so at this point I don't really think she is that different.

Wich make me think that Roy had done what he did with her in this issue only because of his breakdown caused by the whole Titans breaking and of course his problem of self-confidence about Donna, because he clearly said in GA that he didn't wanted to have something to do with her. But it's maybe Abnett ignoring what Percy wrote in Green Arrow or as I said it's explained by that (and I hope it is because I hate when writer ignore stuff written before)
    Last edited by Dethi; 02-15-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Really? That is the words from Nightwing! I am not picking this series up until Abnett is gone
    there is a diference between respect and submission, Dick is not the rebel who broke up with batman initially he has matured and he is his own man, so batman should not tell him who to and not to hangout with