Page 422 of 671 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 10059
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'm not sure, but I know Abnett can't write this team book so I'd be open to giving someone a shot.
    Its funny because Abentt does write teams pretty well most of the time. Be it with Lanning when they did the Legion and Guardians of the Galaxy or when he took over the dumpster fire that was the Earth 2 books and made it readable again. He has been shown to write teams pretty well.

The book needs fresh blood. And I mean really fresh blood, give us a very young writer and a modern artist that reflects the times not 60 year olds trying to sound like teens/young adults.

One of the things that bothers me in current Titans book is the lack of good banter, funny moments. Characters just don’t feel real.
    Last edited by Waterfall; 02-15-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Its funny because Abentt does write teams pretty well most of the time. Be it with Lanning when they did the Legion and Guardians of the Galaxy or when he took over the dumpster fire that was the Earth 2 books and made it readable again. He has been shown to write teams pretty well.
    I was enjoying the dumpster fire that was the Earth 2 book before Abentt took over, though. A mess as it was the dynamics were there before Abnett took over and ended the book.

The Titans was never good and it got bad and worse. The frustrating part is that there is not much likelihood that it will improve, my best hope it that it doesn't make permanent damage.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That was what made Titans so frustrating to me and ended up being one of the many reasons I dropped after just a few issues. Abnett had taken the dumpster fire that was Earth 2 and actually made the characters enjoyable to read again. Because of that I expected him to handle Titans Hunt and Titans as well as he did Earth 2. Instead I felt that the level of writing on both Titans Hunt and Titans was lower compared to what he was doing with Earth 2. I even remember making a comment to that effect back when I was still reading Titans.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-15-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    The book needs fresh blood. And I mean really fresh blood, give us a very young writer and a modern artist that reflects the times not 60 year olds trying to sound like teens/young adults.

One of the things that bothers me in current Titans book is the lack of good banter, funny moments. Characters just don’t feel real.
    Yup, this so much. I love these characters but they don't sound modern at all.

Been saying that since day one.

Agreed, we need super young writers on these books. And/or a team of writers, one who can come up with new villains and interesting plots, while the other focuses on good dialogue and character moments and development.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Maybe DC should just get Humphries to do it. I think he'd write the Titans well. And isn't he on Nightwing right now too?
    I would love this. We don't really know what's up with him and Chang right now, tho. Their big Untouchable arc ends in March, and in April we're getting two fill-in issues from different teams (#42 featuring Damian and #43 featuring Damian and Roy, in case you guys didn't know and were interested in seeing more of these Titans characters interacting). It's very likely that he'll be back on Nightwing with #43 in May, but who knows?

I feel like Abnett's current run will end with the May issue while No Justice happens and we'll get a new direction starting in June, with or without Abnett, so it's possible Humphries could move onto Titans instead of staying on Nightwing. I know Humphries loves NTT, specifically "Who is Donna Troy?", and he hates recycling stories, so he could be perfect.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 02-15-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Agreed, we need super young writers on these books.
    I don't think we need "super young writers," per se, although I think a fresh voice would be good.

What about if they moved the Titans over to Young Animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What about if they moved the Titans over to Young Animal.
    I don't know if that would work. YA is mostly for fringe books and the weird stuff. The Doom Patrol is the weird team and the YA flagship team book, which is nothing like the Titans who are one of the teams. So they'll either steal their own thunder from their flagship book or end up telling stories that don't even fit their own imprint. The Titans just doesn't sound like something Gerard Way is exactly excited about either, it's a team meant for the mainstream and can only attract talent like Johns or Williamson or whatever mainstream guy comes to mind.

I could see individual characters doing well at YA, tho. Nightwing, Raven, Tempest, etc. As long as it's weird af, it'd fit, I think.

Well, Nightwing (obviously) and Raven both already have books.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I would love this. We don't really know what's up with him and Chang right now, tho. Their big Untouchable arc ends in March, and in April we're getting two fill-in issues from different teams (#42 featuring Damian and #43 featuring Damian and Roy, in case you guys didn't know and were interested in seeing more of these Titans characters interacting). It's very likely that he'll be back on Nightwing with #43 in May, but who knows?

I feel like Abnett's current run will end with the May issue while No Justice happens and we'll get a new direction starting in June, with or without Abnett, so it's possible Humphries could move onto Titans instead of staying on Nightwing. I know Humphries loves NTT, specifically "Who is Donna Troy?", and he hates recycling stories, so he could be perfect.
    Solicits can't come soon enough. Due next week, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Nightwing (obviously) and Raven both already have books.

Solicits can't come soon enough. Due next week, right?
    It's next week yes. I hope we will get some good news about the Titans.

Fantastic Member

At this point I doubt it. I still buy these book just for nightwing. And the other for starfire. It's feels, like someone at DC wants this franchise to fail. At least WB is doing something with the brand in media.
    They are still my favourite team in DC, it would be great if DC finally have a clear direction about the team's future.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    They're taking May off, aren't they? For the new event.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I think they are ending Titans. They broke them up. There is an annual in May when there isn't a fifth Wendsday and no other annuals. So I think it's a big issue wrapping everything up. Like Action Comics and Superman are doing.

And things are being shaken up for all teams with No Justice. So I think the Titans series is definitely ending. Which is bitter sweet for me. I love these characters and love seeing them but Abnett was wrecking and trashing them.

Only question is will they relaunch in some way or is this the end for now. Would be weird if they would end because they sell pretty well. But DC has trashed characters that they don't like or for whatever reason before despite them being popular or/and selling well.