Page 430 of 671 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 10059
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    On the bright side, we only have to bear two more issues of this garbage.
    I hope it gets worse. Like a terrible car wreck that you can't look away from.

I still buy Titans and Aquaman and I still hope against hope I'll start loving them. Aquaman has been better than Titans but I guess I just don't get what others do out of Abnett's writing. It's all felt flat to me. And Titans feels more forced with each issue. Looking forward to the shakeup.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man Abnett is just making such a mess of Donna and Dick. Wally I can see since he does just follow Dick's lead on stuff like this, but Donna and Dick are being written like they are 13 years old again.

I am getting a very bad "Blue Beetle in Countdown to Infinite Crisis" vibe from how they are treating Roy here. No one believes him or takes him serious and he is investigating a major threat all on his own. It really feels to me like they are setting up to kill Roy here to make the rest of the Titans snap out of being sulky little bitches, and finally tell off their "elders". I hope that is not the case, but man the story is playing out so muck like how it did with Ted Kord and Max Lord.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am getting a very bad "Blue Beetle in Countdown to Infinite Crisis" vibe from how they are treating Roy here. No one believes him or takes him serious and he is investigating a major threat all on his own. It really feels to me like they are setting up to kill Roy here to make the rest of the Titans snap out of being sulky little bitches, and finally tell off their "elders". I hope that is not the case, but man the story is playing out so muck like how it did with Ted Kord and Max Lord.
    Yeah, I just dropped the book, but I was still getting the same vibes from the bits of it I've scene. Hopefully Roy survives and this at least has a better ending than that awful story.

At least Roy would probably get brought back quicker then Ted was.

Fantastic Member

Just write good Titans stories.
    i am so bored the constant narrative of the disintegration of Titans.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bad news, Dan Abnett is writing the titans special, and it looks like it kicks off the next direction, which means he may write the next ongoing

TITANS SPECIAL #1
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by PAUL PELLETIER and others
    Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    It’s the dawn of a new age of TITANS! The events of METAL and NO JUSTICE have left the team in tatters, but a strange new threat has emerged to lead Nightwing to reassemble the Titans with a mix of old blood and new. A rash of metahuman power fluctuations are threatening people around the globe, and only the friends who grew up as superheroes can help those whose powers have grown out of control! It all starts here in this special issue kicking off a bold new direction!
    ONE-SHOT • On sale JUNE 13 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

"Old blood and new" = Merged team?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe partially. I don't actually see Raven and Beast Boy melding with the older crew as well as I'd like (I kind of expect them to end up with Tim in Young Justice) but I can totally see Starfire and even Terra here.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the bleeding cool rumor about the titans & teen titans books merging could definitely have some truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Maybe partially. I don't actually see Raven and Beast Boy melding with the older crew as well as I'd like (I kind of expect them to end up with Tim in Young Justice) but I can totally see Starfire and even Terra here.
    Depends on what direction Terra ends up going. Right now, she's basically the psycho-teen girl with a crush on Slade. Very much someone I would classify as a "yandere" at this point.

If you don't get the term, count yourself lucky.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Depends on what direction Terra ends up going. Right now, she's basically the psycho-teen girl with a crush on Slade. Very much someone I would classify as a "yandere" at this point.

If you don't get the term, count yourself lucky.
    I unfortunately understand the term all too well.

I don't like what Priest has been doing with Terra in Deathstroke. She needs someone that will take her in new directions while still being overall faithful not just to what Priest and Wolfman did, but to what was done with her in Ravagers and with Terra 2. She was a "ward" or member of the Titans when she was younger, so it'd be cool to see her working with Grayson et. al again even if they have to keep at a distance for a while first. I just need new and interesting things to be done with Tara, and with all of the Titans, really.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bad news, Dan Abnett is writing the titans special, and it looks like it kicks off the next direction, which means he may write the next ongoing

TITANS SPECIAL #1
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    It’s the dawn of a new age of TITANS! The events of METAL and NO JUSTICE have left the team in tatters, but a strange new threat has emerged to lead Nightwing to reassemble the Titans with a mix of old blood and new. A rash of metahuman power fluctuations are threatening people around the globe, and only the friends who grew up as superheroes can help those whose powers have grown out of control! It all starts here in this special issue kicking off a bold new direction!

I think this special is just to set up the new series, and we’ll get an announcement of a new creative team soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

TITANS SPECIAL #1
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    This is so frigging frustrating. Low and behold who is front and center, Nightwing. The character Abnett just crapped on for Roy, and has spent the last 2 years of his Titans run trying to invalidate as a concept so he can rub his face in it. How the hell does this make any damn sense. Either get Nightwing the hell out of there, or put someone else on the Titans already.

Great... more Dan Abnett...