Page 434 of 671 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 10059

Very nice second and third rosters too.

Titans need some new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Titans need some new blood.
    After the latest issues of Super Sons and Superman, Jon, Kathy, and Maya really ought to be part of the newest generation of Teen Titans with Damian. And with NuWally and Red Arrow (Ollie's sister), you have a full team of new heroes with no past ties to previous incarnations of the Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    After the latest issues of Super Sons and Superman, Jon, Kathy, and Maya really ought to be part of the newest generation of Teen Titans with Damian. And with NuWally and Red Arrow (Ollie's sister), you have a full team of new heroes with no past ties to previous incarnations of the Teen Titans.
    I prefer Damian and his team be Young Justice. Let Tim and his team be TT.

Im talking Titans though. This only for previous TTs thing has to end. Its restrictive, and quite frankly it doesn't leave them with the strongest crop to pull from.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-21-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im talking Titans though. This only for previous TTs thing has to end. Its restrictive, and quite frankly it doesn't leave them with the strongest crop to pull from.
    Who are you thinking, like pulling from old JL, JLI, cosmic rosters?

I do like the friends/family over colleagues aspect, curious what other heroes that could appeal to. Perhaps cosmic heroes acclimating themselves to earth, or magic heroes not really used to being accepted by the public? Former villains?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Disagree for me, TT is the start of Tim and company's downfall. Let them be young justice because thats where they were at their best.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    It does just make sense. They are the "young" heroes so it seems like a no brainer. Damian, Jon, Emiko, Wally II, and the others just makes more sense as the new Young Justice.

Tim, Conner, and Cassie have been Titans for nearly twice as long as they were Young Justice anyway.

Young Justice - Robin, Superboy, Red Arrow, Kid Flash, a few others

Teen Titans - Red Robin, Wonder Girl, Raven, Beast Boy, Bunker, Conner Kent, Stargirl

Outsiders - Nightwing, Troia, Arsenal, Flash (Wally), Tempest, Hawk, Dove, Omen, and Starfire

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Who are you thinking, like pulling from old JL, JLI, cosmic rosters?

I do like the friends/family over colleagues aspect, curious what other heroes that could appeal to. Perhaps cosmic heroes acclimating themselves to earth, or magic heroes not really used to being accepted by the public? Former villains?
    Sure. Pull from wherever. There are a lot of decent characters that could work. Open the door, let the Titans be a legit superhero team with more legit superheros, and not just a support group for former Teen Titans.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-21-2018 at 12:37 PM.

For some reason I never really liked Tim, Cassie and Conner on the team, they never grew on me. I liked Red Devil and Rose Wilson more than them tbh, but it seems logical that Damian (ugh), Superboy, Red Arrow and some others may be the new Young Justice and Tim and company be the Teen Titans. I don't know anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It does just make sense. They are the "young" heroes so it seems like a no brainer. Damian, Jon, Emiko, Wally II, and the others just makes more sense as the new Young Justice.

Tim, Conner, and Cassie have been Titans for nearly twice as long as they were Young Justice anyway.

Teen Titans - Robin, Superboy, Red Arrow, Kid Flash, a few others

Young Justice - Red Robin, Wonder Girl, Raven, Beast Boy, Bunker, Conner Kent, Stargirl

Titans - Nightwing, Troia, Arsenal, Flash (Wally), Tempest, Hawk, Dove, Omen, and Starfire
    I see it a bit differently. As in I see the Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart generation to have almost the proper name of "Young Justice." I don't think Young Justice needs to be younger than the Teen Titans. I flipped some of the team names in your rosters to illustrate what makes best sense to me. To me the Teen Titans are the place for DC's youngest generation of heroes. It's complicated by the fact that we have 3 Robins that belong on 3 different teams. We sort of have one generation too many. But if one thinks of "Young Justice" as the 'proper name' for the Tim/Cassie/Conner/Bart generation I think it all lines up pretty well.

"Young Justice" can also be seen as "Young Justice League" in a way. The term doesn't need to apply to DC's youngest generation of heroes.

And there are apparently plans for using pretty much the original Outsiders (nice idea though) that won't involve young heroes as Titans, YJ, and TT would.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The Titans needs more members their own age or even older. Ideally, I'd like an author to try and create new characters, and also to utilize the Wildstorm characters in the main DCU. What is prime Earth Midnighter doing? Or Ladytron? They already have encounters with Dick, the former especially, why not use them?

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    For some reason I never really liked Tim, Cassie and Conner on the team, they never grew on me. I liked Red Devil and Rose Wilson more than them tbh, but it seems logical that Damian (ugh), Superboy, Red Arrow and some others may be the new Young Justice and Tim and company be the Teen Titans. I don't know anymore...
    I felt the exact same way. I couldn't get into the YJ generation of heroes for the longest time. I recently re-read all of Johns' Teen Titans and each of the writers that finished that run though and it really made me fall for the characters in a way I'd failed to before.

Most definitely with you on loving Ravager and Kid Devil/Red Devil though. Ms. Martian too. I loved pretty much every character/roster that came out of that 2003-11 TT run. And I loved the series a lot more on second reading than I had when picking up as individual issues.

I also agree that Damian on TT is pretty played out by now. I don't think he's going anywhere and maybe he'll have an interesting arc in an upcoming TT book. So far, I'm pretty sick of him in team books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

And there are apparently plans for using pretty much the original Outsiders (nice idea though)
    Based on the newest 'Tec solicits, it looks like if there were ever any plans to have a team of just the original Outsiders, they've been scrapped.

To solve the Teen Titans/ The Titans dilema, how about giving Dick's crew a brand new name (sine there isn't anymore the connection to the Titans of the Myth). The New Legends maybe (of course, that title would have to be GIVEN to them after an earth-shaking feat, otherwise it'd be terribly self-serving).? It is a name that is in evidence.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Based on the newest 'Tec solicits, it looks like if there were ever any plans to have a team of just the original Outsiders, they've been scrapped.
    Missed that somehow though I did read the solicits. Still feel Outsiders are their own animal and not a name to just give to a certain generation of heroes. I love a team with Black Lightning, Metamorpho (though he seems tied up in Terrifics now), Katana at least... Also love the later use of the Pierce daughters and Grace Choi.

I just don't see this as an "ACME brand" superhero team name. I think even if they're not returning to the OG team, that team's history should still be what it was. Not a random name for a team of a certain generation of Titans characters.

Still, thanks for the correction. I really missed that somehow.