Page 449 of 671 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    He is just not written well as a leader of a team. If he is a leader, it's done for purely comedic effort and good stories are not told.

Damian leadership can be different here.. I think that characters like Emiko and Crush(specially her) are not the kind of characters that accept orders easily... I can´t see Damian dictator here again..

Almost all this team(I can´t see Djinn and Roundhouse in this plan) are rebel teenagers..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-25-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Incredible Member

I’d rather see a character like Ravager. (Deathstroke’s daughter) on a team with Nightwing. And I would keep Bumblebee and return Mal to being the Guardian. I think after years as a Titans/TT fan, I may sadly be OUT.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I’d rather see a character like Ravager. (Deathstroke’s daughter) on a team with Nightwing. And I would keep Bumblebee and return Mal to being the Guardian. I think after years as a Titans/TT fan, I may sadly be OUT.
    I think I'm going to read Teen Titans but Titans is losing me the more that I think about it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I'm surprised that Ravager and a few other characters were passed over in favor of Ms.Martain and Steel. Maybe they could join the team later.

Concerning Damian leadership skills, the problem is that writers tend to forgot that he was groomed from birth to become the new Alexander the Great... so he is bound to have great leadership skills. That's should be almost a necessity of his design. But it doesn't mean that leadership under him would be the kind of amiable and encouraging display usually associated with Dick, for instance. Damian is a general, he gives orders, and for it to work, he has to be displayed not as a joke or something, but as someone really competent who actually asks from others just as much as he asks from himself. In that regard, the arc with the Demon's Fist in TT Rebirth was a good starting point. Yes, Damian should be a borderline asshole but that's part of his charm, and it should be used not to mock him (like in Super Sons) but to actually display how the other heroes he commands may grow and become increasingly good at their work thanks to him, while he grows and become a better leader thanks to them.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So artist Marcio Takara just posted this on twitter...

what could this be, probably just a sketch https://twitter.com/marcio_takara/st...13958529060864
    Kon-El... SUPERBOY IS HERE..

Who is the character in middle?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Kon-El... SUPERBOY IS HERE..

Who is the character in middle?
    I have no idea.Probably a new character or someone we already know got a huge makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I have no idea.Probably a new character or someone we already know got a huge makeover.
    Someone related with Brainiac? For some reason, I believe this.

With that appearance she reminds me Captain Marvel(marvel female, not shazam)..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Someone related with Brainiac? For some reason, I believe this.

With that appearance she reminds me Captain Marvel(marvel female, not shazam)..
    Maybe she's from the future? I'm getting a time traveler vibe from her.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe she's from the future? I'm getting a time traveler vibe from her.
    Maybe... Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He is on a team with completely new characters for the most part. His book has nothing to do with the other established teen heroes not having anywhere to go. That isn't a fault with this book but with how DC has structured their JL and older Titans teams in being unable to house all their aging heroes.
    Both companies are just as bad with that. The Champions are one generation, but now most of the Young Avengers are in limbo. And the same goes for the generation before them, the New Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by wafle View Post
    no no no no no.-... nothing like champions please... no...
    Champions is itself relaunching after next week's issue. The fact it's being taken over by the former Uncanny Avengers creative team has been well received. And unlike Teen Titans, while they are adding three new members, two of them have already been in solo books, the third being completely new. Will be a lot simpler introducing one brand new character than three. That's one mistake they've made with this new Teen Titans relaunch.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DC never fail to disappoint when it comes to Titans.
    Abnett should never be allowed near the Titans again, much less with a concept that should be YJ's. They should be the League's farm team.
    Nightwing and the Titans should be an independent unit. It's a joke they won't even have their own headquarters anymore. Raven being stuck here instead of being in JLD boggles my mind.
    Some of the character designs for Teen Titans do look cool, but Adam Glass is a pretty terrible writer. Couple that with even worse Titans editors and my hope for improvement is nonexistent.

Well, just to try and stay positive, at least they are trying new things, mixing it up a little. Have to say, revival of Wolfman and Perez TT, or of the Fab 5 and friends, or of the new generation analogues of the Fab 5 an d friends, really don't do it for me anymore. I want to see new relationships, new interactions, new threats.
    That said, put me in the column of those who'd rather see old character taken out of limbo then the creation of more future limbo residents. Over in TT, I look at the new characters and think "There go this year's model of Bunker, Skitter and New 52' Solstice" (Oddly enough, the one that I think makes less sense of all, is the one with better chances of leaving it's mark. I mean, I can't imagine Lobo having a child and letting her live. The man killed his whole race, after all).
    Over at the Titans, I like that'll see new members, and that they are already existing characters. Miss Martin especially. I'd rather Donna had stayed on (maybe she still will). Hope there are more members than the five listed. Can't say I like the premise of the Titans working under the wing of the League, not having their own headquarters (too YJ cartoon show for my tastes, as much as I enjoy the show). However, I'll reserve further criticism untill I've actually read it. Can't wait to find out who the artist is. Hope he's good. All in all, I think DC hit a homerun with the Justice League title (a book that, IMHO, has been in serious trouble, creatively speaking, ever since Johns left it), but may have fumbled the ball with the rest of the franchise. Let's wait and see.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Well, just to try and stay positive, at least they are trying new things, mixing it up a little. Have to say, revival of Wolfman and Perez TT, or of the Fab 5 and friends, or of the new generation analogues of the Fab 5 an d friends, really don't do it for me anymore. I want to see new relationships, new interactions, new threats.
    That said, put me in the column of those who'd rather see old character taken out of limbo then the creation of more future limbo residents. Over in TT, I look at the new characters and think "There go this year's model of Bunker, Skitter and New 52' Solstice" (Oddly enough, the one that I think makes less sense of all, is the one with better chances of leaving it's mark. I mean, I can't imagine Lobo having a child and letting her live. The man killed his whole race, after all).
    Over at the Titans, I like that'll see new members, and that they are already existing characters. Miss Martin especially. I'd rather Donna had stayed on (maybe she still will). Hope there are more members than the five listed. Can't say I like the premise of the Titans working under the wing of the League, not having their own headquarters (too YJ cartoon show for my tastes, as much as I enjoy the show). However, I'll reserve further criticism untill I've actually read it. Can't wait to find out who the artist is. Hope he's good. All in all, I think DC hit a homerun with the Justice League title (a book that, IMHO, has been in serious trouble, creatively speaking, ever since Johns left it), but may have fumbled the ball with the rest of the franchise. Let's wait and see.

Peace
    Lobo can be oddly empathetic at times (like him pretty well worshiping space dolphins). So him sparing his daughter could be possible. The Main Man does get around after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So artist Marcio Takara just posted this on twitter...

what could this be, probably just a sketch https://twitter.com/marcio_takara/st...13958529060864
    I hope that look for Cassie never comes back!

The new Teen Titans seem interesting. I'm not yet completely sold on the new characters but I do want to learn more.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!