Page 451 of 671 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    If Crush's existence means I'm gonna have to put up with a bunch of unwarranted Slobo hate, I'm gonna hate her before she even shows up.
    So... That Kid lobo(Slobo) that I saw in internet was the original son of Lobo?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So far, I'm really liking this line-up, even if I would have liked Suren, Maya and -possibly- Jon and Beacon on the team.
    Emiko and Djinn are for now the only characters that like me of this lineup... and Damian too(look my avatar), of course.. With Kid Flash, I am neutral.. I prefer Aqualad.

Maya... Only for see her again, I can try to see one comic with Robin and Superboy and forgot why I hated the previous comic with them.. Without her, No..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-25-2018 at 12:45 PM.

BANNED

What I don't get is the idea that Crush would necessarily usurp Slobo or something. Yeah, they are pretty similar from an outward glance but :
    -we don't know her yet, so we don't know how she'll be on the page
    -taking two very similar characters and actually highlighting how they are different and yet great characters shouldn't be seen as a chore, or something, impossible but something writers should thrive to do and be happy to try.
    I'm not saying I'm annoyed by her being Lobo's daughter, I was saying how listening to people bash my 2nd favorite superhero as part of conversations about Crush could turn me off her very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    So... That Kid lobo(Slobo) that I saw in internet was the original son of Lobo?
    There are two 'young Lobos' from the original Young Justice book. The first, Li'l Lobo, was just normal Lobo in a teenage body. He was better than Lobo usually is but still nothing special. The other one, Slobo, wasn't his son, but a failed clone of Lobo, who was Lobo's opposite in many ways and a character all his own.
    Last edited by Assam; 03-25-2018 at 12:42 PM.

I'm not saying I'm annoyed by her being Lobo's daughter, I was saying how listening to people bash my 2nd favorite superhero could turn me off Crush very easily.
    Yeah, I got that. It's the idea that she will necessarily usurp Slobo that I don't get. From the little we know of her, the two characters are very different : Slobo is a "clone" of Lobo, Crush is his daughter. They can have a very different view on the Main Man (I don't know how Slobo see hims being his wiki page, where he seems rather respectful of him, since he didn't want to be called Lobo, apparently). And, heck, if D.C. wants to be smart-ass, they could reveal that Crush is the daughter of New 52's "Lobo" ! What a twist it would be !

There are two 'young Lobos' from the original Young Justice book. The first, Li'l Lobo, was just normal Lobo in a teenage body. He was better than Lobo usually is but still nothing special. The other one, Slobo, wasn't his son, but a failed clone of Lobo, who was Lobo's opposite in many ways and a character all his own.
    One clon? Like Superboy(kon-el)? But the opposite like Bizarro..

... If this clon was THE OPPOSITE, I think that she would be the most indomitable of the team... However, with the cover you can imagine that..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-25-2018 at 12:49 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, I got that. It's the idea that she will necessarily usurp Slobo that I don't get.
    I'm not sure where you're getting that I said anything about this. I don't feel this way at all, especially since Slobo doesn't even exist in the current continuity.

So far, I'm really liking this line-up, even if I would have liked Suren, Maya and -possibly- Jon and Beacon on the team.
    Talking about these 2.. Today Gleason made a joke with them.. THE GHOST MEET THE ALIEN..

Screen Shot 238.jpg

I hope that this means that they are making something with them.

I'm not sure where you're getting that I said anything about this. I don't feel this way at all, especially since Slobo doesn't even exist in the current continuity.
    No, I wasn't talking about you, more a general feeling I've seen here and there on the Internet (and which exists far beyond Crush and Slobo, but for a wide variety of new characters).

BANNED

One clon? Like Superboy(kon-el)? But the opposite like Bizarro..
    Long story short: Li'l Lobo got killed while the team was on Apokolips. From each drop of his blood a new Li'l Lobo grew and all of them, save one, started killing each other. The only survivors were the winner of the fight, who became Lobo again, and the one who'd runaway who ended up taking the name Slobo. He came from the 'weaker end of the gene pool', making him weaker, his body slowly degenerating and personality traits that Lobo lacked or had repressed were dominant in him.

So if this is essentially a team full of "rebels" then I take back my comment about Superboy joining as he's more of a boy scout, not to say he won't appear at all in an arc but unless it's being planned that the team will grow beyond that image I'm not seeing it.

Are there other teen characters who could be added or recurr who are rebellious or rule breakers...
    Last edited by kurenai24; 03-25-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Long story short: Li'l Lobo got killed while the team was on Apokolips. From each drop of his blood a new Li'l Lobo grew and all of them, save one, started killing each other. The only survivors were the winner of the fight, who became Lobo again, and the one who'd runaway who ended up taking the name Slobo. He came from the 'weaker end of the gene pool', making him weaker, his body slowly degenerating and personality traits that Lobo lacked or had repressed were dominant in him.
    I am the first who support one Lobo son/clon for this comic... I am not sure about one Lobo daughter..

The only good is that with her here, we have 3 boys and 3 girls in one team.. I am surprised for this..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-25-2018 at 01:35 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So if this is essentially a team full of "rebels" then I take back my comment about Superboy joining as he's more of a boy scout, not to say he won't appear at all in an arc but unless it's being planned that the team will grow beyond that image I'm not seeing it.

Are there other teen characters who could be added or recurr who are rebellious or rule breakers.
    Ravager, Impulse (but more of a heroic manner), Zachary Zatara... Kid Devil?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

wow awful line ups for both teams....i figured Lilith would get kicked off.....they were finally developing her

Was hoping Rose/Ravager was going to make a team

i am skipping both of these books

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Ravager, Impulse (but more of a heroic manner), Zachary Zatara... Kid Devil?
    I need these two to exist again!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Talking about these 2.. Today Gleason made a joke with them.. THE GHOST MEET THE ALIEN..

Screen Shot 238.jpg

I hope that this means that they are making something with them.
    I thought these two were going to join the TT.

Astonishing Member

Teen Titans looks fine but that Titan's book isbasically desperately trying to delay the inevitable which is it's inevitable death. Should have been split and sent to the four winds but here we are yet again.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory