Page 453 of 671 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 10059

I'm really hoping Beast Boy gets one. This design he has now has only really looked good when combined with Meyer's art style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm really hoping Beast Boy gets one. This design he has now has only really looked good when combined with Meyer's art style.
    I just want them to draw him (and write him) like a grown man again.

beast boy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

beast boy.jpg
    Well that too. But I'm hoping for one miracle at a time. Hell, I'm still holding out hope that he and Raven will resume their relationship. But one miracle at a time.

beast boy.jpg
    He gets younger with each reboot/relaunch, he is going to be younger than Jon next time

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I have a weird feeling that they are going to boost their ages. Maybe even get some redesigns for Raven and Beast Boy.
    How can hey do that when she has a mini series about her in high school that is ongoing and is written by Marv Wolfman and is established as taking place currently and every appearance, including her current one in Teen Titans, has her as a teen as well? I don't see her aging up until after Doomsday Clock if it even happens at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    How can hey do that when she has a mini series about her in high school that is ongoing and is written by Marv Wolfman and is established as taking place currently and every appearance, including her current one in Teen Titans, has her as a teen as well? I don't see her aging up until after Doomsday Clock if it even happens at all.
    I meant more of a "writing them older" type of way.

Honestly, I think Raven's being written just fine. It's Gar that I haven't really liked lately.

I can’t rember the last time I enjoyed Beast Boy or Raven. They are always just there on each TT reboot. Quite frankly I’m bored of them. Which isn’t really their fault, but DCs. And under Abnett I don’t see that changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Ah, I like his Rebirth costume .

beast boy.jpg
    He still looks kind of boyish here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, I like his Rebirth costume .
    I was actually pretty fond of his costume before this current run.

One of the few good things the New 52 Titans did

His current costume and hair style give off a real....anime-esque vibe. Which looks good when it's drawn by Meyers since he had a pretty anime-esque style. But not so good when other artists have drawn him.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I meant more of a "writing them older" type of way.
    To be honest, Raven not being on Justice League Dark is the most baffling thing about these new series. That is where she should have gone. I don't really understand why she didn't go there.

To be honest, Raven not being on Justice League Dark is the most baffling thing about these new series. That is where she should have gone. I don't really understand why she didn't go there.
    ^^^

Agreed. It’s fhe best place for her.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I thought these two were going to join the TT.
    Maya is one bat-character and kathy a super-character.. I think that this is the problem for add them in a TT book..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-26-2018 at 01:07 AM.

I don’t blame anyone who hasn’t kept up with Metal but has been reading Titans for missing this, but this team is following No Justice. Abnett’s run doesn’t even matter to No Justice.

Dick led a ragtag group of heroes in Gotham Resistance after trolling the main JL in Metal #2, whereas Raven got some spotlight in the Wild Hunt issue. This new run with these two leading is directly because of these events, not because of whatever we were reading by Percy or Abnett.

The character roster upsetting people is crazy to me, but maybe that’s just because some of my favourite characters like Dick and Raven are on the team. Still, Abnett’s run was plagued by unequal character focus and just terrible character development in general, so a smaller team should help with the former (maybe not with the latter...). The idea that this being a version of the cartoon five (Kory and Vic replaced by M’gann and Natasha) is seen as negative is crazy to me, too. That’s exactly what I’ve wanted for the Titans, just with more epic stories as the backdrop. Not sure if we’ll get that, but I’m hoping we do.

Anyways, yeah. Abnett is not very good at writing the Titans. I think his intention of trying to recapture the feel of either Bob Haney’s or Devin Grayson’s work just doesn’t work. Maybe he’ll get hit with a version of Rebirth magic, where creators like Lobdell and Percy suddenly started writing their books much better? Maybe it’ll still suck. Idk, I’m not very pessimistic so I like to look at the good and the bad.

Yeah, I was sure she was a shoe in for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I don’t blame anyone who hasn’t kept up with Metal but has been reading Titans for missing this, but this team is following No Justice. Abnett’s run doesn’t even matter to No Justice.

Dick led a ragtag group of heroes in Gotham Resistance after trolling the main JL in Metal #2, whereas Raven got some spotlight in the Wild Hunt issue. This new run with these two leading is directly because of these events, not because of whatever we were reading by Percy or Abnett.

The character roster upsetting people is crazy to me, but maybe that’s just because some of my favourite characters like Dick and Raven are on the team. Still, Abnett’s run was plagued by unequal character focus and just terrible character development in general, so a smaller team should help with the former (maybe not with the latter...). The idea that this being a version of the cartoon five (Kory and Vic replaced by M’gann and Natasha) is seen as negative is crazy to me, too. That’s exactly what I’ve wanted for the Titans, just with more epic stories as the backdrop. Not sure if we’ll get that, but I’m hoping we do.

Anyways, yeah. Abnett is not very good at writing the Titans. I think his intention of trying to recapture the feel of either Bob Haney’s or Devin Grayson’s work just doesn’t work. Maybe he’ll get hit with a version of Rebirth magic, where creators like Lobdell and Percy suddenly started writing their books much better? Maybe it’ll still suck. Idk, I’m not very pessimistic so I like to look at the good and the bad.
    I actually haven't been keeping up with the tie in, so thanks for updating me on that. Yeah, that would make sense.

I'm of the opinion that the roster is actually good but I'm a little iffy on Abnett since I haven't been enjoying Titans since day one. Which is odd since I'm loving Aquaman. Maybe this'll be like Lobdell with the Outlaws and this new team will be more his speed.