Page 456 of 671 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 10059

It kinda sounds like his current position in the YJ show doesn't it?

In the YJ show the YJ team was focus of that universe. That position is not nearly as favorable in this universe, especially next to all these new cool looking JL teams.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-26-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    In the YJ show the YJ team was focus of that universe. That position is not nearly as favorable in this universe, especially next to all these new cool looking JL teams.
    I don't think we can be too sure of that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I don't think we can be too sure of that yet.
    Sure enough, the book seem irrelevant when it doesn't even has promotional art.

It is kind of weird that it was the only major book that was announced without any kind of art attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It kinda sounds like his current position in the YJ show doesn't it?
    He actually left that position in season 2 because I don't think he liked it, right? In season 1 he realized he didn't want to be Batman or be like him. Then in season 2 he was in Batman's position of being the team director and made some bad and dangerous decisions. Finally at the end of season 2 he decided to leave the team and refused to join the JL. Maybe because he wanted to find his own direction as a hero. So that was very much in line with his character in wanting to be independent, but he was also 18 then too and still young and figuring out what kind of hero he wanted to be. In the comics he is in his 20s and is already really far removed from being Batman's sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He actually left that position in season 2 because I don't think he liked it, right? In season 1 he realized he didn't want to be Batman or be like him. Then in season 2 he was in Batman's position of being the team director and made some bad and dangerous decisions. Finally at the end of season 2 he decided to leave the team and refused to join the JL. Maybe because he wanted to find his own direction as a hero. So that was very much in line with his character in wanting to be independent, but he was also 18 then too and still young and figuring out what kind of hero he wanted to be. In the comics he is in his 20s and is already really far removed from being Batman's sidekick.
    You know... I haven't watched the show in some years so you're probably spot on there.

I'm just excited to have Natasha join the Titans, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It is kind of weird that it was the only major book that was announced without any kind of art attached to it.
    Screenshot_20180326-110553.jpghere is the character design of lobo's daughter Crush
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Screenshot_20180326-110553.jpghere is the character design of lobo's daughter Crush
    He is talking about Titans not Teen Titans.

BANNED

Ninja'd by Dethi.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He left the role because of certain things that he had to do: spoilers:
    For example, placing Artemis undercover after faking her death, and also making it seem like Aqualad had gone bad, murdered her, and joined up with Black Manta (his father), when he was really also undercover, while lying t0/keeping it from the rest of the team (Wally was the only other one who knew about it). Also by extension, some of them got kidnapped and tortured at one point, Miss Martian scrambled Aqualad's brains to "avenge" Artemis, etc.
    end of spoilers

Basically by the end of Season 2 he'd gotten tired of making the "morally grey" Batman choices and wanted to "find himself" for awhile or something.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He left the role because of certain things that he had to do: spoilers:
    For example, placing Artemis undercover after faking her death, and also making it seem like Aqualad had gone bad, murdered her, and joined up with Black Manta (his father), when he was really also undercover, while lying t0/keeping it from the rest of the team (Wally was the only other one who knew about it). Also by extension, some of them got kidnapped and tortured at one point, Miss Martian scrambled Aqualad's brains to "avenge" Artemis, etc.
    end of spoilers

Basically by the end of Season 2 he'd gotten tired of making the "morally grey" Batman choices and wanted to "find himself" for awhile or something.
    also spoilers:
    his best friend died.
    end of spoilers

yo I had a really long post yesterday but there was some kind of error and now I don't feel like going to that effort (weow this actually kinda got decently long by the time I was done, damn.).

Dick left The Team, as far as we know, specifically because of the death at the end of Invasion. Knowing what we know about his character (not wanting to become like Batman) and knowing where he's at in Outsiders, I think we can guess that there's been some significant change here. Because it's a big contradiction to want to move away from the "grey" but also be a part of some black ops group of heroes (that I assume are the titular Outsiders). We also don't really know if that team is independent from the JL (they probably will be at the start if I had to guess).

And about the Titans: some of you guys consider them the "minor leagues" and I get why. That's how they've been treated for a long time. But if we divorce this new team from Abnett's previous work, then I wouldn't see them like that. And I doubt Snyder or Williamson or whoever does either. If the JL were the board of directors, then Dick and Raven would be the CEO and COO or something, at least that's the kind of relationship I think they'd have. So yes, Dick can't be on the JL because Bruce is there. Dick can do everything Bruce can, but Bruce can't do everything Dick can. And this is something Bruce can't do. Also I disagree with the sentiments that working with someone somehow makes you their lapdog or their lessor? Or that it would take away from your independency? Like... Dick works with Batman all the time but that doesn't change the fact that he does everything his way in Bludhaven.

On the other hand, consider what the Titans have become. Wally, Roy, Vic, Donna, Dick, Kory, and probably others I'm forgetting, were all on the JLA after being on the Titans before Flashpoint, and that's still true of Kory now. The JLA and now the JL are the end goals for most heroes and it's been that way for a long time. So many people have been talking about how the Titans don't have a unique mission that sets them apart, and now they do: a space for the next generation of heroes to actually learn how they become the world's greatest heroes. So comparatively to what the Titans used to be (a space for family and friends to find their way and become heroes), this is a step up for Dick and potentially Raven. Because now that these two are working with the JL to oversee the Titans, Dick's gone from just being another member of the Titans to running the team.

We'll have to see how Abnett handles that but again, all I'm saying is this new direction isn't terrible, imo. You can continue to disagree with that of course, I'm not the opinion police lol. But I think this will be my last post on this topic because after this we might end up just going in circles.

Ultimate Member

Huh, I just realized (from Grayson's post, above) that with Changeling and Raven joining League teams, however briefly, just about every major Teen Titan has served a spell on the Justice League.

Dick, Roy, Wally, Kory, Vic, now Garfield and Raven (and, I guess, Donna? I don't remember her being on the League, but if she was, then cool!).

That leaves Garth and Lilith, pretty much, from the old-school Teen Titans.

Donna was in the Justice League immediately before New 52. The roster was her, Batman, Congorilla, Jade, Jesse Quick, Starman, and Supergirl.
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Justice_Lea...erica_Vol_2_60
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman