Page 461 of 671 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 10059
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    If Aqualad was anything like Kaldur in the YJ TV series I'd agree. He's been basically wallpaper for this run though. Then again if he was like Kaldur he'd be out of this team's league.
    its not kaldur its Jackson Hyde
    and it was a nice take, their has been much time all these runs only get about 2-3 years years maybe 30 issues say each storyline take 3 issues that 10 wich sounds like a lot but then you got 3 cross overs so its like 7 a new member so another introductory arc, which takes us to 6 so is that even one arc per member, yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    its not kaldur its Jackson Hyde
    and it was a nice take, their has been much time all these runs only get about 2-3 years years maybe 30 issues say each storyline take 3 issues that 10 wich sounds like a lot but then you got 3 cross overs so its like 7 a new member so another introductory arc, which takes us to 6 so is that even one arc per member, yeah right
    They're still Aqualad just like DCU Superman and DCAU Superman are both still Superman and you expect some similarities between them. Right now Jackson Hyde is just Kaldur without anything that made Kaldur cool. I hope he gets put in a place where his full potential can be utilized but he wont be able to do that on the TT because Damian is going to take up that role on this team.

They're still Aqualad just like DCU Superman and DCAU Superman are both still Superman and you expect some similarities between them. Right now Jackson Hyde is just Kaldur without anything that made Kaldur cool. I hope he gets put in a place where his full potential can be utilized but he wont be able to do that on the TT because Damian is going to take up that role on this team.
    As he is now it would take a long time for him to be like the character from the show since they have different backstories and he's just starting at being a hero so his only chance at leading would be to a group of people with no experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    As he is now it would take a long time for him to be like the character from the show since they have different backstories and he's just starting at being a hero so his only chance at leading would be to a group of people with no experience.
    Which is why I feel he's wasting his time being Damian's underling. He should be with Aquaman and exploring his Atlantean roots, not being a sidekick's sidekick. I hope something comes out of his meeting with Tempest eventually.

Which is why I feel he's wasting his time being Damian's underling. He should be with Aquaman and exploring his Atlantean roots, not being a sidekick's sidekick. I hope something comes out of his meeting with Tempest eventually.
    Yeah I hope so too as he has been so far I haven't really been interested in him.

Astonishing Member

If Aqualad was anything like Kaldur in the YJ TV series I'd agree. He's been basically wallpaper for this run though. Then again if he was like Kaldur he'd be out of this team's league.
    Its annoying how the writers made Aqualad into Damian's yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Its annoying how the writers made Aqualad into Damian's yes man.
    I don't see why there is any surprise it's a potentially powerful black male character, its DC. The par for the course is to cornhole anyone else over him. Mr Terrific is second to Batman, Stewart is second to Jordan, Cyborg is second to everyone including my old microwave. The Young Justice thing was just shameful but continues the garbage narrative of black male heroes not being either capable, worthy or both.

BANNED

I think it's more icon vs fan wanted icon,not a slam against awesome black characters.

DC will not change,they want their icons to be the big fish,no matter what.

I would have liked to see Jackson get more development in TT, but now he won't get ANY development since he's not on any of the new rosters. Off to limbo (again) alongside Bumblebee and Mal and Donna and Lillith and Garth.

I guess Bleeding Cool was off about Supergirl being on a Titans team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Bleeding Cool was off about Supergirl being on a Titans team.
    We technically don't know the full Titans roster. For all we know, Aqualad and Supergirl could be on it. But there's little reason to really believe that besides circumstantial evidence... which happens to be something I like to discuss, lol.

For Jackson, it'd tie in neatly with the new Young Justice season, work as a reverse of Dick and Kaldur's relationship in YJ, and obviously give a major, gay POC character a place to shine. Plus, he was just on a team with Raven and Beast Boy. And for Kara, it's make sense for her to interact heavily with both Steel and Miss Martian, what with Superman being very close to both of their uncles. She could also rebuild her pre-Flashpoint relationship with Nightwing back up.

I know some people won't be fans of Dick "babysitting" even more teenagers, but I don't really consider Supergirl to be "just another kid" and I'll love any version of Kaldur'ahm, so Jackson is cool by me, too. And there's also the small possibility that almost none of the Titans are going to be younger than 18, since it's possible Raven and Beast Boy either get aged up or soft retconned to 18 or older, Natasha is confirmed to be older than 18 in Rebirth (she was confirmed to have finished college in Superwoman #1 so she has to be an adult), and M'gann could be introduced as similar in age and design to her Young Justice Invasion counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    We technically don't know the full Titans roster. For all we know, Aqualad and Supergirl could be on it. But there's little reason to really believe that besides circumstantial evidence... which happens to be something I like to discuss, lol.

For Jackson, it'd tie in neatly with the new Young Justice season, work as a reverse of Dick and Kaldur's relationship in YJ, and obviously give a major, gay POC character a place to shine. Plus, he was just on a team with Raven and Beast Boy. And for Kara, it's make sense for her to interact heavily with both Steel and Miss Martian, what with Superman being very close to both of their uncles. She could also rebuild her pre-Flashpoint relationship with Nightwing back up.

I know some people won't be fans of Dick "babysitting" even more teenagers, but I don't really consider Supergirl to be "just another kid" and I'll love any version of Kaldur'ahm, so Jackson is cool by me, too. And there's also the small possibility that almost none of the Titans are going to be younger than 18, since it's possible Raven and Beast Boy either get aged up or soft retconned to 18 or older, Natasha is confirmed to be older than 18 in Rebirth (she was confirmed to have finished college in Superwoman #1 so she has to be an adult), and M'gann could be introduced as similar in age and design to her Young Justice Invasion counterpart.
    I am actually curious to see what kind of take on M'gann Abnett goes with because she's had quite a few different characterizations and depictions over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

How old is Supergirl?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    How old is Supergirl?
    16 at the start of rebirth

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So... I just realized that this thread is for both Titans and Teen Titans... and just like this thread, I don't see the point of having two Titans books since their idea is to make Titans into a Justice League Academy. It makes even less sense that the younger, more radical team lead by a well-known brat isn't the one being supervised.

Edit: When I picked my avatar I didn't realize how much it fit my mood towards DC in general.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-30-2018 at 02:34 PM.