Page 468 of 671 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Bobby from X-Mem has a similar issue.
    Not really, since we have the young one around even in the adult one is still a funny character (because it's his character since the beginning of X-Men) he is experienced and stepping up since a long time. So no Bobby isn't a good comparaison to Gar.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The don’t call Gar Man Boy. Him turning himself into a Kryptonians or something would just be silly.
    But he has another codename - Changeling. Nothing about that one that restricts him to animals.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Has Tamaranean ever been translated? I mean, in the show some words have been and some others you can interpret them but in the comics, aside from a few words (I guess) is there a translation of some long phrases or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Actually no. Kory got her powers from being experimented on by her captors.
    Oh. I actually had no idea that's where they came from. I always thought all Tameraneans were like her lol

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The don’t call Gar Man Boy. Him turning himself into a Kryptonians or something would just be silly.
    Silly, yes. But whether or not it's possible is the question :P

BANNED

Doesn't Vixen and animal man tap into the same red that gar uses as a basis for his changes?

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Doesn't Vixen and animal man tap into the same red that gar uses as a basis for his changes?
    Yeah, the three of them tap into The Red

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    Yeah, the three of them tap into The Red

Wouldn't that make their powers more animal,less human like for them to just "change" into a super powerful Kryptonians?

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Yup, as does AM's daughter, Maxine (apparently AM is given powers to be her protector, she's the actual avatar of the Red?), and B'wana Beast. But this is just my google fu and not from anything I've read (although I may end up doing so since it seems super interesting), which I was only looking up because I wanted to know if the Red was related to all fleshy-life or not (it seems to be, but seems to only be about the Earth and not the whole universe like I was thinking for some reason).

I think the Rebirth explanation for Gar's powers is a version of his classic origin (green monkey with some weird stuff going on biting a young Gar activating his metagene) and the New 52 version which involves the Red, so you could argue his powers are a combination of his own metagene potential or whatever and the powers he gets from channeling the Red without being an avatar (which explains why our guy is so green and not red, lol).

So basically, I don't really think Gar has any real limitations to his powers beyond mental ones. He's green because he relies more on his own capabilities and could potentially reach to the Red for more power. That's how I see it, anyways. Either way, I just think the pseudo-scientific mystical origin for Gar is really cool and hasn't been used to its full potential yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh. I actually had no idea that's where they came from. I always thought all Tameraneans were like her lol
    Yeah, a couple years back I thought it was like that, too. I forgot exactly when I found out, but I feel like the reason I went so long believing that was because of the 2003 cartoon. I know there was an episode where the TT goes to Tamaran. Whether the other Tamaraneans were shown using the same powers or not, I think I grew up assuming they had them...but I don't remember all that much from that episode is all honesty so I can say for sure.

Speaking of Gar, here's an interview with Ryan Potter speaking on the audition process for Beast Boy, his experience working on the Titans show (he compares the visuals to Nicolas Winding-Refn films like Drive which was... interesting), his love for all the Robins, Brenton Thwaites's Grayson, meeting Greg Cipes and how Jason Momoa inspired him for the BB audition!

He starts talking about Beast Boy and Titans at the 8:19 mark:

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    In the 80s he turned into one of the aliens that was chasing Starfire when she came to earth, Wolfman also said that he can(probably) turn into people, but they would be green so is kind of useless.
    Gar turned into a Gordanian in New Teen Titans (vol. 1) #25 so that he, Dick and Vic could infiltrate the Citadel and rescue Kory.gar as gordanian.jpg

The Gordanians are sentient, so it would indicate that yes, Gar could turn into other sentient species. But he would still be green, and where he would have any "non-native" abilities to the species would be suspect.

In terms of imaginary characters (which is odd to write, given they're all imaginary characters , Gar turned into a version of Lockheed the Dragon in the NTT/X-men cross-over from the early 80's. At the time, Lockheed wasn't a "real" character yet, but was an imaginary character that Peter (Colossus) and Kitty (Shadowcat) had come up between them. gar as lockheed.jpg

Gar is a very powerful character, but as with a lot of non-A list characters, he isn't given a lot of chance to show his stuff.

Animal Man use to be able to tap in the The Red of any planet but that power was taken away.

Vixen could tap into Heroes abilties but that was as a result of Anansi messing with her (and Animal Man)

I believe Maxine's powers were taken away but don't quote with me on that.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Double posting but do you guys agree with Dan Didio when he said that Lobo's daughter Crush will be the break out character?

And would you read a Crush solo like Dan Didio seems to believe she'll get...

Edit: autocorrect ugh.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 04-05-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Double posting but do yoinguys agree with Dan Didio when he said that Lobo's Crush will be the break out character?

Being Lobo's daughter is already an attention getter.

But I need to actually see what her character is in the pages before I make any real decisions on her (goes for any new character, truthfully).

BANNED

Double posting but do yoinguys agree with Dan Didio when he said that Lobo's Crush will be the break out character?

The fact that DiDio is a big fan of hers makes me think that she's going to be absolutely terrible. Perhaps even worse than her dad.

Won't be reading the TT run she's a part of (that much I'd already decided on) and sure as Hell wouldn't read a solo about her unless it was used to bring Slobo back.

Double posting but do you guys agree with Dan Didio when he said that Lobo's daughter Crush will be the break out character?

Edit: autocorrect ugh.
    I would have to read about her first but... eh. I already don't like Lobo and still have no idea why he was in JLA. But I suppose if there is a breakout star, it'd be her... I don't think Djinn and Roudhouse have much of a chance but who knows?