Page 469 of 671 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519569 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I would have to read about her first but... eh. I already don't like Lobo and still have no idea why he was in JLA. But I suppose if there is a breakout star, it'd be her... I don't think Djinn and Roudhouse have much of a chance but who knows?
    Lobo was in JLA to re-establish himself over that fake from the New52 (last we saw, the Orange Lantern had stuck him in a jar).

I would have to read about her first but... eh. I already don't like Lobo and still have no idea why he was in JLA. But I suppose if there is a breakout star, it'd be her... I don't think Djinn and Roudhouse have much of a chance but who knows?
    I am neutral with Lobo(I prefer this, than N52 Lobo), but I donīt care about his daughter..

DJINN is the character that interests me the most, more after see her profile.
    (the most mysterious member).. More than Damian and Emiko, I can see both in other places in the future..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-06-2018 at 06:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I can see both in other places in the future..
    I can't. I really don't think it matters how well-liked any of these new characters are. Standard protocol for new Titans characters is to be around for a few years, spend the next few making scattered cameo appearances (pre-FP at least) and eventually wind up in limbo or die horribly. Then we get new characters brought in to go through the same thing. There's a reason people immediately called Djinn and Roundhouse 'New Skitter and Bunker'. The two have great designs, but we know how this is gonna go by now. Crush may have slightly higher chances thanks to her connection to Lobo (and clear favor with editorial) but I still don't think her chances of having a major role again after this run are very high unless they decide to give Lobo another solo book for some reason. (Please no)
    Last edited by Assam; 04-06-2018 at 06:35 AM.

There's a lot of hate here on Lobo, why is that?

I'm pretty neutral on him, mostly I like him, sometimes I find him boring, but I can say that Crush has my total attention in this new run, as well as DJinn. But yeah, sadly that's the destiny of most new members of the TT, they go to the limbo or they die and no one cares about them again and the main characters are de-aged to have a new run haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    There's a lot of hate here on Lobo, why is that?
    For me personally? He was an unfunny parody character, one so unfunny apparently that some people, both fans and writers, didn't get the joke and started taking him completely seriously. And as written as a semi-serious character, he's just unpleasant with no interesting qualities to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    For me personally? He was an unfunny parody character, one so unfunny apparently that some people, both fans and writers, didn't get the joke and started taking him completely seriously. And as written as a semi-serious character, he's just unpleasant with no interesting qualities to him.
    I don't think anyone started taking Lobo seriously until the New 52 and that take is the most hated version of the character.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'll be completely honest: if a character like Solstice didn't have a chance to have legs, even after her redesign for the New 52 (which has a LOT of story potential), then none of the new Teen Titans characters do either. But I guess that Crush has the best chance because Lobo is stupidly popular (I mean, for a B lister) and she has ties to Lobo. She'll probably at least appear once every few years once she's been written out. Djinn is the new team member that I'm interested in the most because of the new kids I feel she has the best design and having new minority characters is almost never a problem, but I still don't think she has legs.

And you know, actually, Bunker doesn't seem to have any legs to stand on now that the New 52 era is over and he was the singular best addition to the Teen Titans in the past ten years or so. I really hope that we see him come back. Maybe he could be in Young Justice with the YJ4 when it comes back? They are all his friends and there is an opening in what I normally would have assumed that team was going to be, if we're operating under the idea that Miss Martian is now off the table.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Lobo at his best:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'll be completely honest: if a character like Solstice didn't have a chance to have legs, even after her redesign for the New 52 (which has a LOT of story potential)
    This is literally the first time I've seen anyone praise the Nu52 redesign.

They are all his friends
    Except they aren't. Tim is technically still the same character, even if there's some continuity snags there, but the Kid Flash and Superboy Bunker knew weren't the real Bart and Kon in any form. Considering how much people hated NuCassie and how she's dropped off the face of the Earth, they'll likely be saying she was completely different as well.

and there is an opening in what I normally would have assumed that team was going to be, if we're operating under the idea that Miss Martian is now off the table.
    With Jackson and Jaime currently off the table, I imagine the new YJ will have the YJ4, those two and either that'll be it or there will be one more girl on the team.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This is literally the first time I've seen anyone praise the Nu52 redesign.
    Not saying it's a good design. It's kind of... not. But there's good story telling potential behind it, and rectifying it.

Except they aren't. Tim is technically still the same character, even if there's some continuity snags there, but the Kid Flash and Superboy Bunker knew weren't the real Bart and Kon in any form. Considering how much people hated NuCassie and how she's dropped off the face of the Earth, they'll likely be saying she was completely different as well.
    You're right about Kon and Bart, but what matters most is sort of the optics. As for Cassie, sure, people weren't fond of her towards the end but I very much doubt that her entire New 52 self will be retconned; Donna's wasn't. If anything, they'll say that she great past it. As for Miguel, he's also got a damn good dynamic with them and he's a canonically queer character. He's a catch, especially if they want to take the edge off from people who want them to forcibly ship Conner with Tim.

With Jackson and Jaime currently off the table, I imagine the new YJ will have the YJ4, those two and either that'll be it or there will be one more girl on the team.
    I can frankly see Jackson there more than Jaime. Blue Beetle is probably benched for a while right now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Aside from the abomination that was the New52 version, where have you seen people "take Lobo completely seriously"? The guy was hired to kill an evil Santa Clause by the other Holiday mascots, went on galaxy breaking and time bending brawl with The Mask, and killed himself (as part of a contract) for Darkseid's lead scientist.

I don't know who would take him seriously after adventures like that.

And can't forget how he pretty much worships space dolphins.

You're right about Kon and Bart, but what matters most is sort of the optics. As for Cassie, sure, people weren't fond of her towards the end but I very much doubt that her entire New 52 self will be retconned; Donna's wasn't. If anything, they'll say that she great past it. As for Miguel, he's also got a damn good dynamic with them and he's a canonically queer character. He's a catch, especially if they want to take the edge off from people who want them to forcibly ship Conner with Tim.
    I am no expert on what's gone down in the Titans book, but wasn't Donna's origin changed? I would've had to be considering Wonder Woman's Nu52 run was completely retconned. Having Cassie be a changed too doesn't sound too far fetched considering her personality there was completely different from what it's supposed to be.

BANNED

Blue Beetle is probably benched for a while right now.
    I doubt it. DC loves Jaime and while he's been limboed in the past, I don't think they'd let an opportunity to get him in a new prominent book pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Aside from the abomination that was the New52 version, where have you seen people "take Lobo completely seriously"? The guy was hired to kill an evil Santa Clause by the other Holiday mascots, went on galaxy breaking and time bending brawl with The Mask, and killed himself (as part of a contract) for Darkseid's lead scientist..
    I was mostly referring to fans. Otherwise, the boring half-serious version I was referring to was the one found in JLA.

Having Cassie be a changed too doesn't sound too far fetched considering her personality there was completely different from what it's supposed to be.
    Her personality, her backstory, her powers, literally everything about her was wrong. Of course if when she comes back they use Johns' version of the character, things won't be much better.

I can't. I really don't think it matters how well-liked any of these new characters are. Standard protocol for new Titans characters is to be around for a few years, spend the next few making scattered cameo appearances (pre-FP at least) and eventually wind up in limbo or die horribly. Then we get new characters brought in to go through the same thing. There's a reason people immediately called Djinn and Roundhouse 'New Skitter and Bunker'. The two have great designs, but we know how this is gonna go by now. Crush may have slightly higher chances thanks to her connection to Lobo (and clear favor with editorial) but I still don't think her chances of having a major role again after this run are very high unless they decide to give Lobo another solo book for some reason. (Please no)
    I was talking about DAMIAN and EMIKO.. Not the newbies.. This TT run is another comic for them, they will continue in the comics after the ending of this run.

For this, I will dedicate my atention to Djinn..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-06-2018 at 02:15 PM.

I am no expert on what's gone down in the Titans book, but wasn't Donna's origin changed? I would've had to be considering Wonder Woman's Nu52 run was completely retconned. Having Cassie be a changed too doesn't sound too far fetched considering her personality there was completely different from what it's supposed to be.
    Nope, the current Titans series still has Donna being created as some weapon to kill Wonder Woman or something along those lines. I think they are aware that the Rebirth WW run makes that story impossible now, but the Titans are still using that has her origin even if they try to be vague about parts of it now. Like her killing all the male Amazons.