Page 473 of 671 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I heard she was in Supergirl, but by then I realized that it was a bad show so I didn't see
    That's not what I was referring to and I don't watch Supergirl either. I was referring to the fact that Miss M was originally created because the writer wasn't allowed to use Kara.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I ended up not liking M'gann too much from the YJ cartoon. I found her to be kind of annoying and her catchphrase got old real quick. I also didn't like her romance with Superboy and would prefer it to never transfer over to the comics. Her comic book counterpart was decent although she could have used more development. I would have liked to have known what her youth was like. Didn't she grow up in the Vega System?

Smallville season 11 already had Megan with Kon,so it's been in "a" comic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    That's not what I was referring to and I don't watch Supergirl either. I was referring to the fact that Miss M was originally created because the writer wasn't allowed to use Kara.
    Oops, didn't read the word "comic." my bad.

I wonder if she'll actually be J'onn's niece...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if she'll actually be J'onn's niece...
    She probably would have some conection with him, but his niece?, only DC knows.

Spectacular Member

I'm curious to see if they'll immediately dive into the White Martian stuff or build up to it.
    I hope they get that over with as quickly as possible, it's just.. been done in everything she's been in so it's not surprising or dramatic to anyone, let the issues with the fact that she is one cause drama later (but not too often or else "IMA WHITE MARTIAN" will become her "GUESS WHAT IT'S TRIGON TIME for the 500th TIME!" and I don't think anyone else deserves that fate) but that initial drama needs to just be got over with as fast as possible.

If they want to make her J'onn's niece they could if they want to get all family drama about it make her Malefics (im not even going to bother trying to spell his actual name) daughter, sure that'd technically make her a mix but they can just explain that like how it's explained in YJ, when a Green and White bang there kids are one or the other that's it. It'd be something different to other takes on her at least.

Also to that other person Im pretty sure she was created to be more of a character who was like the TT Animated Starfire than a Supergirl stand in, I mean really bubbly eccentric optimistic alien red head, it's pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-08-2018 at 04:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Also to that other person Im pretty sure she was created to be more of a character who was like the TT Animated Starfire than a Supergirl stand in, I mean really bubbly eccentric optimistic alien red head, it's pretty obvious.
    https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-supergirl-fill-in/

Spectacular Member

huh powerwise that does make sense then, but personality wise she definitely lifted a lot more from animated Starfire than Kara, especially since that was during the period Kara was written to be kind of a massive jerk for no apparent reason (IRC there was even an issue where the pre-crisis Supergirl somehow showed up and scolded her about it then they like merged together or something.. to bad for her she then got stuck in Amazons Attack and Countdown tie-in Hell for a while)
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-08-2018 at 04:41 PM.

I hope they get that over with as quickly as possible, it's just.. been done in everything she's been in so it's not surprising or dramatic to anyone, let the issues with the fact that she is one cause drama later (but not too often or else "IMA WHITE MARTIAN" will become her "GUESS WHAT IT'S TRIGON TIME for the 500th TIME!" and I don't think anyone else deserves that fate) but that initial drama needs to just be got over with as fast as possible.
    While I was reading your post that is exactly what I started thinking of .

Spectacular Member

While I was reading your post that is exactly what I started thinking of .

Poor Poor Raven. She's such a cool character... who almost no writer has any new ideas of what to do with. It shouldn't even be that hard but they just keep going back to Trigon. It's like Jean and the Pheonix basically. It was cool the first few times, now it's just "sigh".

Now that she along with M'gann are probably the most powerful of the new team of Titans their inevitably going to job a bunch too. Since that's just the law of team books pretty much, unless your Superman on the JL then you only job sometimes but usually GL, Flash and especially Martian Manhunter are there to job for you.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-08-2018 at 08:09 PM.

With all this talk about M'gann, and now Raven and the example of Jean Grey, I am slightly worried for Djinn b/c her backstory is obviously tragic ...not only is being a new character gonna be an obstacle but her tragic backstory being recycled every time a new writer uses her could be detrimental especially if the backstory is actually a good one.

I am kind of scared for all of these new characters in the Teen Titans, I mean since Dan Didio thinks Crush is the breakout star, I wonder who else thinks that and is Crush gonna be pushed at the expense of the other new characters and even the established ones in the book ...that's gonna turn me off the character.

Is Roundhouse who was stated to be our Beast Boy of the group and whose relationship with Wallace might mirror Beast Boy and Cyborg in the Teen Titans cartoon, is he just there for the laughs, and to fill up a slot, like what is he actually gonna bring.

Before this M'gann talk I was thinking the only book I still had to worry about was Titans and yet somehow I've been led down the rabbit hole to worry about Teen Titans.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Wow I had no idea
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    With all this talk about M'gann, and now Raven and the example of Jean Grey, I am slightly worried for Djinn b/c her backstory is obviously tragic ...not only is being a new character gonna be an obstacle but her tragic backstory being recycled every time a new writer uses her could be detrimental especially if the backstory is actually a good one.

I am kind of scared for all of these new characters in the Teen Titans, I mean since Dan Didio thinks Crush is the breakout star, I wonder who else thinks that and is Crush gonna be pushed at the expense of the other new characters and even the established ones in the book ...that's gonna turn me off the character.

Is Roundhouse who was stated to be our Beast Boy of the group and whose relationship with Wallace might mirror Beast Boy and Cyborg in the Teen Titans cartoon, is he just there for the laughs, and to fill up a slot, like what is he actually gonna bring.

Before this M'gann talk I was thinking the only book I still had to worry about was Titans and yet somehow I've been led down the rabbit hole to worry about Teen Titans.
    Damn it now you made me worried about that too... since again NO CHARACTER deserves the Raven/Jean fate (and by god I hope they can get out of it somehow), M'gann hasn't gotten it yet but easily could given that the "WHITE MARTIAN ANGST" stuff is big in ever incarnation of her which is why i want to done with as quick as possible with her reintroduction, but there's always there's just enough other stuff with her to not make it quite the same but she could REALLY EASILY fall into it if writers aren't creative with her. and your right Dijinn could definitely fall into that kind of pit as well as well

Crush is being seen as the breakout for no reason other than Lobo is popular, Crush is apparently his daugther somehow, therefore Crush will be popular. Just Exec logic basically.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-09-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Damn it now you made me worried about that too... since again NO CHARACTER deserves the Raven/Jean fate (and by god I hope they can get out of it somehow), M'gann hasn't gotten it yet but easily could given that the "WHITE MARTIAN ANGST" stuff is big in ever incarnation of her which is why i want to done with as quick as possible with her reintroduction, but there's always there's just enough other stuff with her to not make it quite the same but she could REALLY EASILY fall into it if writers aren't creative with her. and your right Dijinn could definitely fall into that kind of pit as well as well

Crush is being seen as the breakout for no reason other than Lobo is popular, Crush is apparently his daugther somehow, therefore Crush will be popular. Just Exec logic basically.
    Yes sorry about that lol, but poor Djinn she's a new character with an interesting design but her being a new character also means she's closer to limbo hell, she's a magic character and DC doesn't particularly treat them well, she has a tragic back story which means that if she is used by other writers that backstory has the chance to be over-done like Raven's especially if the backstory is interesting and done well the first go around.

So many things are against that character, hopefully both Djinn and M'gann can be more than their backstories in the following Titans books, and I'll include Raven as well, it's never too late I guess.

What storylines could be given to these characters e.g Raven, M'gann, and Djinn.

Outside of her dad, what other things could writers do with Raven?

After reintroducing the character what could writers do with M'gann that isn't about White Martian stuff?

After giving readers a backstory about Djinn what else could be done to set her apart from Raven?

That Exec logic can ruin a good book tho, I remember Adam Glass also seemed excited about Crush too on twitter after we first saw the other team members and it's like ugh, please don't let the book be a Crush solo advertisement.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yes sorry about that lol, but poor Djinn she's a new character with an interesting design but her being a new character also means she's closer to limbo hell, she's a magic character and DC doesn't particularly treat them well, she has a tragic back story which means that if she is used by other writers that backstory has the chance to be over-done like Raven's especially if the backstory is interesting and done well the first go around.

So many things are against that character, hopefully both Djinn and M'gann can be more than their backstories in the following Titans books, and I'll include Raven as well, it's never too late I guess.

What storylines could be given to these characters e.g Raven, M'gann, and Djinn.

Outside of her dad, what other things could writers do with Raven?

After reintroducing the character what could writers do with M'gann that isn't about White Martian stuff?

After giving readers a backstory about Djinn what else could be done to set her apart from Raven?

That Exec logic can ruin a good book tho, I remember Adam Glass also seemed excited about Crush too on twitter after we first saw the other team members and it's like ugh, please don't let the book be a Crush solo advertisement.

M'gann if they tie her more to J'onn like everything else can, can have storylines involving their growing quasi (or actual) family relationship, and if they as I mused made Malefic her father after banging a White Martian at some point could be a new point of drama.

Raven, god DC's magic section is big enough for a TON of stories with her involved in different parts of it that don't involve Trigon in the slightest. Have her up against Wotan or Felix Faust or something. Hell just invent another super mega evil if you must

Dijinn until we know more it's well impossible to say.

And yes Exec Logic can ruin things a lot of time