Page 474 of 671 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 10059
    BANNED

I have no faith in this franchise anymore. The red haired step child treatment DC's Titans books got from the Snyder and Friends gang is just telling. Abnett is a good writer but his Titans has been a dreck and now removing Wally as well as the Rebirth hype its got nothing going for it. The TT team has Glass who wrote one of the worst runs of Suicide Squad as his only comic book writing resume. Its pretty much going to be carried by Damian because literally no one cares about the other characters.

I have no interest in girl Lobo and a girl genie and not Bouncing Boy and fake Wally. Emiko is ok but she's not lead character worthy.

Did they not see Raven on that TT #1 cover?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yes sorry about that lol, but poor Djinn she's a new character with an interesting design but her being a new character also means she's closer to limbo hell, she's a magic character and DC doesn't particularly treat them well, she has a tragic back story which means that if she is used by other writers that backstory has the chance to be over-done like Raven's especially if the backstory is interesting and done well the first go around.

So many things are against that character, hopefully both Djinn and M'gann can be more than their backstories in the following Titans books, and I'll include Raven as well, it's never too late I guess.

What storylines could be given to these characters e.g Raven, M'gann, and Djinn.

Outside of her dad, what other things could writers do with Raven?

After reintroducing the character what could writers do with M'gann that isn't about White Martian stuff?

After giving readers a backstory about Djinn what else could be done to set her apart from Raven?

That Exec logic can ruin a good book tho, I remember Adam Glass also seemed excited about Crush too on twitter after we first saw the other team members and it's like ugh, please don't let the book be a Crush solo advertisement.
    You could do a Ghostbusters/ Supernatural sort of thing with Raven. Have her travel around solving cases involving demons, monsters and other supernatural stuff. Maybe have Kid Devil act as her sidekick/trainee.

Yes sorry about that lol, but poor Djinn she's a new character with an interesting design but her being a new character also means she's closer to limbo hell, she's a magic character and DC doesn't particularly treat them well, she has a tragic back story which means that if she is used by other writers that backstory has the chance to be over-done like Raven's especially if the backstory is interesting and done well the first go around.

So many things are against that character, hopefully both Djinn and M'gann can be more than their backstories in the following Titans books, and I'll include Raven as well, it's never too late I guess.

What storylines could be given to these characters e.g Raven, M'gann, and Djinn.

After reintroducing the character what could writers do with M'gann that isn't about White Martian stuff?

After giving readers a backstory about Djinn what else could be done to set her apart from Raven?

That Exec logic can ruin a good book tho, I remember Adam Glass also seemed excited about Crush too on twitter after we first saw the other team members and it's like ugh, please don't let the book be a Crush solo advertisement.
    I really think about this, but then I remember that Djinn is supposed to be 8000 years old but she was locked up for most of her life in a bottle, according to Glass, so she can have, maybe, more than only one tragic story before she was locked up, maybe she has a few different plots about her past and not only the only about her being locked up for whatever reason.

We only can wait for the debut, there's only speculation now, hoping it isn't another Raven/JG fate...

I guess if you wanted you could put Raven on a team of DC's magic and mystic based youth characters like Cassie Sandsmark, Khalid Nassir, D'jinn and Kid Devil.

M'gann could have her relationship with Superboy and deal with other alien races.

I desire her good luck, interesting past and powers...

I hope that Glass keep his initial promise for see more about her in the future: At first glance, people will say she’s another Raven, but there’s a lot going on with her that will quickly separate her from Raven.

I will put my eyes in this character during this TT run and I hope not to be disappointed.. Damian and Emiko(the other 2 that I like) are characters that I will see after this TT run...
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-09-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    I really think about this, but then I remember that Djinn is supposed to be 8000 years old but she was locked up for most of her life in a bottle, according to Glass, so she can have, maybe, more than only one tragic story before she was locked up, maybe she has a few different plots about her past and not only the only about her being locked up for whatever reason.

We only can wait for the debut, there's only speculation now, hoping it isn't another Raven/JG fate...
    Yeah, I was thinking Djinn might have many friends/enemies from the mythical/magical areas of the world from her past. They can bring up anything with her if they're creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I guess if you wanted you could put Raven on a team of DC's magic and mystic based youth characters like Cassie Sandsmark, Khalid Nassir, D'jinn and Kid Devil.

M'gann could have her relationship with Superboy and deal with other alien races.
    I rather they didn't bring that relationship to comics...

A very good route for Raven is more personal stories that have her interacting with people in a more open and human way. I still think Titan stories work best if they focus on the found family aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking Djinn might have many friends/enemies from the mythical/magical areas of the world from her past. They can bring up anything with her if they're creative.
    Vandal Savage can be related with her, if they are creative... He is very very old. 8000 years are nothing for him..

With all this talk about M'gann, and now Raven and the example of Jean Grey, I am slightly worried for Djinn b/c her backstory is obviously tragic ...not only is being a new character gonna be an obstacle but her tragic backstory being recycled every time a new writer uses her could be detrimental especially if the backstory is actually a good one.

I am kind of scared for all of these new characters in the Teen Titans, I mean since Dan Didio thinks Crush is the breakout star, I wonder who else thinks that and is Crush gonna be pushed at the expense of the other new characters and even the established ones in the book ...that's gonna turn me off the character.

Is Roundhouse who was stated to be our Beast Boy of the group and whose relationship with Wallace might mirror Beast Boy and Cyborg in the Teen Titans cartoon, is he just there for the laughs, and to fill up a slot, like what is he actually gonna bring.

Before this M'gann talk I was thinking the only book I still had to worry about was Titans and yet somehow I've been led down the rabbit hole to worry about Teen Titans.
    I fear for both characters since they're new, I really like the look of Roundhouse and Dijinn (hopefully they're written well). I hope we'll get at least 5 year's out of them before DC starts another one of their chaotic changes.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I have no faith in this franchise anymore. The red haired step child treatment DC's Titans books got from the Snyder and Friends gang is just telling. Abnett is a good writer but his Titans has been a dreck and now removing Wally as well as the Rebirth hype its got nothing going for it. The TT team has Glass who wrote one of the worst runs of Suicide Squad as his only comic book writing resume. Its pretty much going to be carried by Damian because literally no one cares about the other characters.

I have no interest in girl Lobo and a girl genie and not Bouncing Boy and fake Wally. Emiko is ok but she's not lead character worthy.
    +1
    Everything sounds so dated. Like Glass' writing. Is it so hard to give a breath of life to this ill-fated franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Abnett made Donna act like a little girl.

"Just go back to your room." LOL

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

DC already has Marv Wolfman doing Raven why not put him back on Titans?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I fear for both characters since they're new, I really like the look of Roundhouse and Dijinn (hopefully they're written well). I hope we'll get at least 5 year's out of them before DC starts another one of their chaotic changes.
    I think you will be lucky to get 2 years tops. That seems to be the shelf life of new teen heroes these days. Just look at where Bunker, Skitter, and Solstice are these days.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Abnett made Donna act like a little girl.

"Just go back to your room." LOL
    I didn't think his character assassinations could get worse. I was wrong.

Maybe we get to see the tears streaming down her cheeks in the next panel after Batman takes away her phone privileges.