Page 490 of 671 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 10059

Honestly, those Teen Titans solicits make it sound like they're trying too hard this time.

Oh, and I guess that confirms that Damian's team sticks with Titans Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw enough cosplays for admit that this Starfire appearance is a mistake..

A secret...
    Honestly, I can’t even with Damian anymore. He could be a typical teenager if he didn’t have such a Napoleon complex.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

To the ‘Titans’ fans:
    Yesterday a photo of me on set leaked online. And it was unfortunate because fans have been waiting MONTHS for a photo of ‘Starfire’ and a sloppy (��) photo of me on a curb in 15 degree weather is what they got instead �� For the sake of our incredible fans - I hated that this is the first picture people are seeing. It’s out of context and it’s a misrepresentation of the incredible character I get to play. And also a misrepresentation of the phenomenal production behind it all.
    - Anna Diop

I get why people don't like the hair. What I don't get is why people think that's her costume. One look at the promo picture of Robin, Hawk and Dove costume should clue everyone the kind of quality they should expect from the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I get why people don't like the hair. What I don't get is why people think that's her costume. One look at the promo picture of Robin, Hawk and Dove costume should clue everyone the kind of quality they should expect from the finished product.
    That's what I've been saying. We know this show has a much higher budget than other DC shows. It was honestly disappointing to see so many fans' true colours.

I want set pics banned from now on, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    TEEN TITANS #20
    written by ADAM GLASS
    art and cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by BABS TARR
    Batman has no idea what he’s doing. Superman? Not a clue. Wonder Woman? Whatever. Damian Wayne is Robin, and he’s done with the bleeding-heart approach favored by the heroes of the senior circuit. New plan of action: recruit a new Teen Titans. Kid Flash, Red Arrow and newbies Roundhouse, D’jinn and…wait, Lobo has a daughter? That’ll end well. And then build something in secret deep beneath the new Teen Titans HQ. Secret from his teammates, secret from even Batman. It’s a secret that will change the way you look at Robin forever!
    ON SALE 07.04.18
    So will there be a fracture in the team b/c of Damian ...again, how boring.

I'll reserve judgement but I'm not intrigued by this.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Attachment 64587

/10char...
    lmao, I love this
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So will there be a fracture in the team b/c of Damian ...again, how boring.

I'll reserve judgement but I'm not intrigued by this.
    I'm not going to assume that's what will happen.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

To the ‘Titans’ fans:
    Yesterday a photo of me on set leaked online. And it was unfortunate because fans have been waiting MONTHS for a photo of ‘Starfire’ and a sloppy (��) photo of me on a curb in 15 degree weather is what they got instead �� For the sake of our incredible fans - I hated that this is the first picture people are seeing. It’s out of context and it’s a misrepresentation of the incredible character I get to play. And also a misrepresentation of the phenomenal production behind it all.
    - Anna Diop

You should see what this idiot has to say about this:

http://shawnsjames.blogspot.my/2018/...hookerwtf.html
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Hopefully ROBIN is holding the REAL TROIA locked in the basement of his headquarters,lol

Went on Adam Glass's twitter to see if he tweeted anything new after the July solicit was released and I found that he retweeted his syfy interview and one of the comments to his tweet was like 'please don't put Wally and Djinn together, he had romances with Raven and Tanya, it's repetitive' or something like that.

Hopefully Adam does something with Kid Flash other than making him girl crazy. That friendship with Roundhouse could give him more depth or it could like a shallow copy of the animated Beast Boy and Cyborg relationship ...who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm not going to assume that's what will happen.
    I know I shouldn't assume, and with the solicit stating "it will change the way you see robin", it could really be anything.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-14-2018 at 11:51 AM.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

To the ‘Titans’ fans:
    - Anna Diop

I appreciate that she took the time to post this, but she looked like crap in those pics and that's all there is to it. I don't care whether "it's out of context" or what precisely was going on in those pics, when you make Starfire look like this, it's going to get the reactions that it did. People didn't react differently when they saw the set pics of Red Tornado on "Supergirl".

As for the second part of her post, I do feel for her and it's a fact that there's a lot of ignorant people out there, but I'm tired of seeing the same old thing every time. Whenever a character or actor of color is being criticized, it's immediately conflated with "hate speech" and "harassment" from some irrelevant minority of idiots, effectively shutting down any of the valid criticism across the board. It's getting old.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-14-2018 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You should see what this idiot has to say about this:

http://shawnsjames.blogspot.my/2018/...hookerwtf.html
    "Yeah, DC and WB want to add diversity to The Teen Titans by giving us a Black Starfire. But it’s clear they didn’t want to make her more attractive than the White women on the show"

He means the bright orange alien right?

I gotta say I hate that picture,that's going around,but it's the clown wig and the shiny purple bin bag that bother me.
    Making it about race is ludicrous.

How did they manage to make this woman unattractive? Unless that was the point? Make Kori fit in more?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lady Nightwing; 04-14-2018 at 04:03 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    "Yeah, DC and WB want to add diversity to The Teen Titans by giving us a Black Starfire. But it’s clear they didn’t want to make her more attractive than the White women on the show"

He means the bright orange alien right?

I gotta say I hate that picture,that's going around,but it's the clown wig and the shiny purple bin bag that bother me.
    Making it about race is ludicrous.

How did they manage to make this woman unattractive? Unless that was the point? Make Kori fit in more?
    Like I said he's an idiot. Who tries to make any topic about his stupid politics and philosophies. As far as i am concerned the actress Anna Diop can still play Starfire and still look attractive because that's what Starfire is attractive. If Anna Diop's words are anything to go by she should be getting a costume change of sorts to rectify the problem. And in all seriousness it better involve turning her skin orange to make her look like an alien. You should see some of the costumes for Japanese shows they actually use garbage bags for capes. I'm not even kidding.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-14-2018 at 04:54 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The same crap Anna Diop is wearing would look terrible on anyone.

When is the DC streaming service suppose to launch.

And when is the Titans show suppose to premiere.

I'm just wondering if the things launching on the service will be done before the actual streaming service is up and running...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I appreciate that she took the time to post this, but she looked like crap in those pics and that's all there is to it. I don't care whether "it's out of context" or what precisely was going on in those pics, when you make Starfire look like this, it's going to get the reactions that it did. People didn't react differently when they saw the set pics of Red Tornado on "Supergirl".

As for the second part of her post, I do feel for her and it's a fact that there's a lot of ignorant people out there, but I'm tired of seeing the same old thing every time. Whenever a character or actor of color is being criticized, it's immediately conflated with "hate speech" and "harassment" from some irrelevant minority of idiots, effectively shutting down any of the valid criticism across the board. It's getting old.
    I'm laughing at the part where you said "you're tired of seeing the same old thing every time. Way to make it about you.

You're acting like this actress who is addressing the ignorant comments thrown at her and people defending her are somehow blind to valid criticism about how she looked like a street walker straight out of a blaxpoitation movie (my words), you act like just b/c a "small" tingent of fans were being ignorant that it somehow means people are conflating "valid" criticism with hate speech and harassment.

I would offer a long thought out post, but this isn't the first nor the second time I've looked at your post side ways, so it would be a waste to even try tbh.

I would just say even if fans comments weren't ignorant, it's not what you say but how you say it and considering tone can be misconstrued on the internet those "valid" criticisms that didn't bring her race or skin tone into conversation could still look suspect. Fandom isn't nicknamed Klandom by fans of color for the hell of it, it's b/c characters of color and actors of color are disprotionately shit upon by fans in those spaces for no reason at all ...or made up reasons lbr, so a little defensiveness is the least you can struggle through considering your not on the receiving end of those comments.

Anna could have just addressed the ignorant comments she recieved and has been reciving since she was cast b/c that is more important than fans being upset, but she went out of her way to reassure fans when she didn't have to ...it's not her job, she's not the one who made a mistake, the design department did as well as the hair and makeup department, but Anna is right whether she looked like crap or not this isn't the final production so it's just a wait and see kind of thing...

Still waiting for those Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire posters where they're in costume.

~~

~~