Page 498 of 671 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 10059

I just read Teen Titans #19 and...

spoilers:
    Reading and seeing Raven kissing nuWally literally stomped and crushed my hopes for a future possible Gar-Raven relationship and now my heart is broken and I feel bad :'(
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post

spoilers:
    Reading and seeing Raven kissing nuWally literally stomped and crushed my hopes for a future possible Gar-Raven relationship and now my heart is broken and I feel bad :'(
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I honestly forgot all about that, until Damian references it in Flash
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, not unsurprising given Percy's been "building up" to it, but I imagine it won't go anywhere given they're moving to separate Titans teams.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, not unsurprising given Percy's been "building up" to it, but I imagine it won't go anywhere given they're moving to separate Titans teams.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Just like reni344 said, Damian references it in Flash #45, so they acknowledge it on other titles I mean, it's just that I only care about BB and Raven being together (and I still blame the 2003 show lol) and I don't care about any other pairing so this is like a stab directly in my heart haha
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

So I just skimmed through Titans annual 2 and, wow, Abnett is terrible.

Admittedly I haven't read it fully as I will later but the way Abnett made Wally and Dick grovel and ass kiss Roy was embarrassing and cringe worthy. We get it, you like Roy and this was his story but there's such a thing called subltey and good writing. Especially in light of Wally and Dick did nothing wrong and Roy was the jerk.

Anyways the art by Tom Grummet and Tom Denerick was good. And at least this train wreck is finally over.

Oh and PS at the end Nightwing tries to call the League to "admit the Titans were active" after they just finished saving everyone. So he's still being written like their scared little b**h.

It’s just laughable at this point. It’s so bad and pointless. He buried pretty much the entire team for Roy with this arc, and for what.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-25-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Mighty Member

I have a feeling if it was the other way, making Roy look bad. You'd guys would be okay with it. Sensing some bias here.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I have a feeling if it was the other way, making Roy look bad. You'd guys would be okay with it. Sensing some bias here.
    Not really. Bad storytelling is bad storytelling no matter who the writer is jerking off to. I rolled my eyes and said it was stupid when Abnett went on about how "Dick will lead the JL one day" early in his run like he was trying to prop up Dick's character or what he thought was propping him up. Even some other Nightwing fans thought it was awesome for some reason. I just think Abnett writes a horrible Dick Grayson. He's near the top of my list of worst Dick Grayson writers of all time after writing the character for over 2 years now. I haven't liked one thing he has done with him. It's been dreadful. He also writes a very bad Donna and a few steps below that I think he writes a very poor Wally and Garth. He's such a bad fit for this book and team and I'm amazed that people still praise it. On a fundamental level he doesn't get most of these characters and for some reason he is going to continue to write it and the only two team members he is keeping are the two he writes the worst! It is unbelievable.

To me Roy is the only character he really cares about and this arc proved it, imo. Roy being the one to be "right" and how far Abnett threw Dick and Wally under the bus to show it. He had Dick cave to Bruce and the JL rather than stand up for himself and the team and even in this recent issue Dick needed to quickly report to daddy JL. Only Roy was the one to stand up for the team and set off on his own to show it. Not just by saving the day and being right he got to beat Dick and Wally's faces in then have them apologize to him all while Roy berates them, stick it to the JL, and even have Donna want to throw herself at him. What I'm surprised by is there are Roy fans that dislike Abnett's Roy despite him being the only one he cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not really. Bad storytelling is bad storytelling no matter who the writer is jerking off to. I rolled my eyes and said it was stupid when Abnett went on about how "Dick will lead the JL one day" early in his run like he was trying to prop up Dick's character or what he thought was propping him up. Even some other Nightwing fans thought it was awesome for some reason. I just think Abnett writes a horrible Dick Grayson. He's near the top of my list of worst Dick Grayson writers of all time after writing the character for over 2 years now. I haven't liked one thing he has done with him. It's been dreadful. He also writes a very bad Donna and a few steps below that I think he writes a very poor Wally and Garth. He's such a bad fit for this book and team and I'm amazed that people still praise it. On a fundamental level he doesn't get most of these characters and for some reason he is going to continue to write it and the only two team members he is keeping are the two he writes the worst! It is unbelievable.

To me Roy is the only character he really cares about and this arc proved it, imo. Roy being the one to be "right" and how far Abnett threw Dick and Wally under the bus to show it. He had Dick cave to Bruce and the JL rather than stand up for himself and the team and even in this recent issue Dick needed to quickly report to daddy JL. Only Roy was the one to stand up for the team and set off on his own to show it. Not just by saving the day and being right he got to beat Dick and Wally's faces in then have them apologize to him all while Roy berates them, stick it to the JL, and even have Donna want to throw herself at him. What I'm surprised by is there are Roy fans that dislike Abnett's Roy despite him being the only one he cares about.
    While I'll agree with most of what your are saying, I felt that Garth was way more poorly written than Donna. I mean he was just standing there during the whole book, his issue wasn't great (I even prefered Lazarus Contract overall to it). He was way more interesting in the few issue he appeared of Aquaman than Titans which is written by the same writer...

And Donna, yeah overall it was bad, he only thing from pre flashpoint that he got right got the fact that Donna and Roy being super close friend and even more (their interaction/relationship with each other is literally the only good thing he did to her in the whole run while her close relationship with Dick has pretty much been forgotten (but well, let's hope he will use it in his run post No Justice)).
    But I guess for the origins even if he wanted to changed them or something (don't know), the WW writers, etc... Wouldn't let him use it. I mean Donna is so off from WW and the amazons, they used her N52 origins when it has been proved that it was lies. That's still don't make sense.

And for Roy yeah, I don't really understand except the fact that they made him a guy who can't express his sentiment to someone he is really close to (I mean in pre-flashpoint that wasn't really a problem) and that he missed the perfect opportunity in the current run to bring Lian back. Roy is the only character Abnett got quite right (and either way he couldn't have made him worse than Lodbell and Krul did to him...). There is Lilith too but he missed opportunities with her.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Even if it was for say Nightwing, you don’t bury pretty much the whole damn team just for one character. It’s nonsensical.
    This isn’t even leading into anything with Roy or the Titans. No instead the Titans are being remodeled to be working out of the JL house with Nightwing. Which is an idea this arc made a point to crap on repeatedly.

It’s so confusing. This arc buried the the team, crapping on its most popular members and the very idea of its next direction. While just ignoring the rest. And for what. Roy. So he can ride off into limbo and the Titans with Nightwing and Donna can carry on after just being crapped on and made a mockery of. I don’t get, I just don’t get it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-26-2018 at 05:21 AM.

Roy's not headed to limbo. He'll be a regular in Green Arrow.
    spoilers:
    Just like reni344 said, Damian references it in Flash #45, so they acknowledge it on other titles I mean, it's just that I only care about BB and Raven being together (and I still blame the 2003 show lol) and I don't care about any other pairing so this is like a stab directly in my heart haha
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't worry. Robin asked Kid Flash if he was still hung up over Raven. She's already dumped him and Robin was puzzled as to why Wally would send Avery (Chinese Flash) away instead of hanging out with her.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-26-2018 at 04:25 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh, so big things then...

That Raven and Black Wally romance was so bizarre. I don't understand who thought that was a good idea. Just feels super weird and confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    While I'll agree with most of what your are saying, I felt that Garth was way more poorly written than Donna. I mean he was just standing there during the whole book, his issue wasn't great (I even prefered Lazarus Contract overall to it). He was way more interesting in the few issue he appeared of Aquaman than Titans which is written by the same writer...

And Donna, yeah overall it was bad, he only thing from pre flashpoint that he got right got the fact that Donna and Roy being super close friend and even more (their interaction/relationship with each other is literally the only good thing he did to her in the whole run while her close relationship with Dick has pretty much been forgotten (but well, let's hope he will use it in his run post No Justice)).
    But I guess for the origins even if he wanted to changed them or something (don't know), the WW writers, etc... Wouldn't let him use it. I mean Donna is so off from WW and the amazons, they used her N52 origins when it has been proved that it was lies. That's still don't make sense.

And for Roy yeah, I don't really understand except the fact that they made him a guy who can't express his sentiment to someone he is really close to (I mean in pre-flashpoint that wasn't really a problem) and that he missed the perfect opportunity in the current run to bring Lian back. Roy is the only character Abnett got quite right (and either way he couldn't have made him worse than Lodbell and Krul did to him...). There is Lilith too but he missed opportunities with her.
    I'm am much more of a Donna fan (well the real Donna and not this version we have here) than a Garth fan, so the way he wrote her bothered me a lot more than how he used Garth. I can see people that lean the other way feel the opposite of that. I fully expect Dick and Donna to continue to not have any sort of relationship under Abnett's pen despite them being the only members left on the team, lol.

The only way this arc made any sense if Abnett had Dick step aside because he was so incompetent and weak willed to lead the team and Roy takes over leadership. To me that is the only way this story makes any sense for why Abnett did the things he did. Maybe that is what Abnett wanted to do but then DC decided to just shove the Titans into the JL and make them a farm team because they didn't know what else to do post this No Justice event.
    Last edited by Badou; 04-26-2018 at 06:12 AM.

I agree with most opinions here with the current Titans run, this whole thing about the spoilers:
    "you were right, Roy, we were wrong, please, forgive us"
    end of spoilers was so damn fast is... curious. Titans still asking permission to JL spoilers:
    even in the end of the Annual when Dick tried to call them but Donna did it in the end, like telling them "please, don't be mad, we're still a team, you know"
    end of spoilers. I really hope that after the No Justice events, Dick and Donna can be written better, but maybe we're asking too much. I hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Roy's not headed to limbo. He'll be a regular in Green Arrow.

spoilers:
    I wouldn't worry. Robin asked Kid Flash if he was still hung up over Raven. She's already dumped him and Robin was puzzled as to why Wally would send Avery (Chinese Flash) away instead of hanging out with her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    i mean, I read that and interpreted it as something different but you just give me hopes now again haha I know it's something dumb to worry about stuff like this but this liking for those characters has grown for so many years that it's something inevitable for me now lol
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Well the first issue of the new Titans run references the new Teen Titans run as connecting to it. It is in the solicit. So I guess the weird NuWally and Raven romance might be over but their two teams are still going to interact it seems. So who knows what their interactions will be like in that.
    end of spoilers