Page 51 of 671 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 10059
  1. #751
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Can we replace Black Wally with Jaime Reyes please!! I want to see him with the other teens and become a bigger part of the Titans mythos. Wally should be with the Titans team!
    i just saw the movie it was awesome
    blue beetle will be cancelled, then he will join later

  2. #752
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Can we replace Black Wally with Jaime Reyes please!! I want to see him with the other teens and become a bigger part of the Titans mythos. Wally should be with the Titans team!
    Its too bad Cyborg is too old to be on the team, or it could have been the cartoon lineup, but with Damian in place of Dick. But yeah I'd have preferred Jaime over Kid Flash.

  3. #753
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    I agree with you, the art suits a younger cast well. I'm excited to see Titans Tower smack dab in the middle of the cover!

    I'm actually liking the preview art so far from what little I've seen, for Titans as well. And Abnett continuing on with that title is a good move IMO.

    As for the Titans book, who out of the Titans rogue gallery are fans hoping to see? Classics (like Mammoth, Fearsome Five etc.), or some new villains? I'm up for a mix of old and new, as long as the story arcs aren't retelling the same stories over again (although Raven staying on TT might keep a Trigon story out of Titans for a while )

    One character who is a must for a return, either as an ally or an adversary, is Jericho. Always loved that character, so much potential, IMO.
    My pick for Titans villains:
    The HIVE led by the Bialyan Queen Bee (such an obvious fit, especially with Grayson just having a stint as a spy)
    The Brotherhood of Evil (Definitely- Phobia, Plasmus, Houngan, Possibly- Brain, Mallah, Madame Rouge and one or two new members)
    Fearsome Five (Definitely- Jinx, Psimon, Possibly- the rest... but no Dr. Light)
    Cheshire
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  4. #754
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Always thought the Flash should be Black. Sorry, it always makes me laugh when the Flash says he is the fastest man alive. When is the last time a white guy was the fastest dude alive?
    Lol I won't lie had the same thought logic.


    Aleksey Lovchev inspired Superman
    Usain Bolt inspired Flash
    Michael Phelps inspired Aquaman

    Playing stereotypes Cyborg should be Asian and Batman maybe Japanese.

  5. #755
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    They need a villain that could require a Titans team, but where Damian taking the lead makes some iota of sense. It kinda HAS to be Ra's Al Ghul.
    Well, so far it sounds more like a case of Damian taking command out of self-entitlement rather than the appearance of an enemy, though Ra's/Talia might be dragged into it later on.

  6. #756
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    i just saw the movie it was awesome
    blue beetle will be cancelled, then he will join later
    No way Blue Beetle will be canceled anytime soon. It stars two of the three Blue Beetles which have their own fanbases that will go together to get sales for the new series.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  7. #757
    Incredible Member Agent 37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    My pick for Titans villains:
    The HIVE led by the Bialyan Queen Bee (such an obvious fit, especially with Grayson just having a stint as a spy)
    The Brotherhood of Evil (Definitely- Phobia, Plasmus, Houngan, Possibly- Brain, Mallah, Madame Rouge and one or two new members)
    Fearsome Five (Definitely- Jinx, Psimon, Possibly- the rest... but no Dr. Light)
    Cheshire
    Agreed. All villains I'd like to see. Was never a fan of Houngan though truthfully. Cheshire is another must for me. I always hoped she'd show up in Grayson as I felt she'd fit the spy world developed in it.

    What's the status of Terra or Ravager these days?

  8. #758
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    Agreed. All villains I'd like to see. Was never a fan of Houngan though truthfully. Cheshire is another must for me. I always hoped she'd show up in Grayson as I felt she'd fit the spy world developed in it.

    What's the status of Terra or Ravager these days?
    I really hope Cheshire appears and that she has a catwoman-esque relationship with Roy. I want to get Lian back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  9. #759
    Astonishing Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    After watching Justice League vs Teen Titans I now want a new animated series with this team. Robin (Damien), Raven, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle and a certain someone from the end credit sceene (IDK how to do spoiler tags) would make for an awesome dynamic. Have Nightwing, Cyborg and Starfire be the older mentors (like in the movie). You could even have Troja (Let's let Cassie keep the WG name for Young Justice) and Arsenal show up too as part the older crew.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 03-29-2016 at 10:25 PM.

  10. #760
    Incredible Member Agent 37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really hope Cheshire appears and that she has a catwoman-esque relationship with Roy. I want to get Lian back.
    I'd like to see that dynamic between Roy and Cheshire too. Cheshire coming in and being flirtatious etc. with Roy could make some good stories, if Abnett keeps going the route of Donna and Roy being an item. A jealous Donna would be fun to read.

    I'm not doing cartwheels over how Donna and Roy look to be heading into a relationship, (but I'm just happy to be getting Titans back, so I'll pick my battles ) Part of what made the old books work were the relationships outside of their work, so the Donna/Roy angle could be good for the book.

  11. #761
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,190

    Default

    Ya, Justice League vs Teen Titans wasn't bad. Got me excited about this roster. Make me wonder why they didn't they just enlist Bryan Q. Miller to write the new series.

  12. #762
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    I'd like to see that dynamic between Roy and Cheshire too. Cheshire coming in and being flirtatious etc. with Roy could make some good stories, if Abnett keeps going the route of Donna and Roy being an item. A jealous Donna would be fun to read.

    I'm not doing cartwheels over how Donna and Roy look to be heading into a relationship, (but I'm just happy to be getting Titans back, so I'll pick my battles ) Part of what made the old books work were the relationships outside of their work, so the Donna/Roy angle could be good for the book.
    I really hope that Roy and Donna don't get together, I liked the relationship when they were kids and teens but not when they're adults. If it's written well then I'll get over it but eventually I really hope Lian and Cheshire can come back. That relationship was something that made Roy really unique.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  13. #763
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    I'd like to see that dynamic between Roy and Cheshire too. Cheshire coming in and being flirtatious etc. with Roy could make some good stories, if Abnett keeps going the route of Donna and Roy being an item. A jealous Donna would be fun to read.

    I'm not doing cartwheels over how Donna and Roy look to be heading into a relationship, (but I'm just happy to be getting Titans back, so I'll pick my battles ) Part of what made the old books work were the relationships outside of their work, so the Donna/Roy angle could be good for the book.
    Im sorry, Donna/Roy is poop. She is a warrior from a civilization of proud warrior women, while he's a womanizing loser. That relationship sucks. Donna shouldn't have to slum it with trash like Roy, with his backwards hat and Oakleys. It's a terrible pairing that does nothing for Donna. I really hope they don't stick her in a relationship with Roy again just because it's something they did in the past.

    And on the subject of the new Titan series. Im okay with a little bit of nostalgia, nostalgia can certainly be fun, but i really don't want to read a Titan series thats driven by nostalgia. Thats just emulating things the Titans did in the past and trying to recapture past magic.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-29-2016 at 10:28 PM.

  14. #764
    Incredible Member Agent 37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really hope that Roy and Donna don't get together, I liked the relationship when they were kids and teens but not when they're adults. If it's written well then I'll get over it but eventually I really hope Lian and Cheshire can come back. That relationship was something that made Roy really unique.
    I like that aspect of Roy's character too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im sorry, Donna/Roy is poop. She is a warrior from a civilization of proud warrior women, while he's a womanizing loser. That relationship sucks. Donna shouldn't have to slum it with trash like Roy, with his backwards hat and Oakleys. It's a terrible pairing that does nothing for Donna. I really hope they don't stick her in a relationship with Roy again just because it's something they did in the past. Im okay with a little bit of nostalgia, nostalgia can certainly be fun, but i really don't want to read a Titan series thats driven by nostalgia. Thats just emulating things the Titans did in the past and trying to recapture past magic.
    My reservations towards the Donna/Roy relationship come from the same spot as yours do. I didn't want to get too deep into it, to not offend any Roy fans, but Roy isn't the type an Amazonian would fall for IMO. My referring to old books and relationships is only trying to highlight what many fans have complained about with the latest runs of TT. There was very little interaction or connections made between team members. It's not a relationships I want to see, but at least it's something. I'll take the glass half full, wait and see approach on this part of the team interacting.
    Last edited by Agent 37; 03-29-2016 at 10:41 PM.

  15. #765
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,826

    Default

    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •