Page 53 of 671 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I'm thinking they were wondering if Dick should remain Talon or be Talon or whatever and I'm guessing that's his design.

Would of been funny in the that three of the characters would have T as the start of an alias.
    Makes sense, explains why Dick was the only one in the colored image to be drawn by someone else, thank god someone at DC has some brains.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

BANNED

Loving "The Tool" :P and "Talisman" codenamed

So making the Teen Titans the "T" Team I guess
    Dick Grayson as "T"alon
    Donna Troy as "T"roia
    Garth as "T"empest
    Roy Harper as "T"he "T"ool
    Lilith Clay as "T"alisman
    Mal Duncan as "T"rumpet Blower?
    Karen Beecher as "T"he Bumblebee
    Possible upcoming speedster as "T"erminal Velocity
    Maybe a tech head as "T"ech Head.

All this thinking I require sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    after seeing this I picture, i didnt like it, and I still dont like how it looks
    but I didnt know why immediately
    I kept thinking about it for like an hour and then saw it again and notice there is something about the composition of the color that I really dont like, we have 2 blues one of which is blue and black, 1 full black, 1 green and black and finally 1 red and black
    THERE IS SO MUCH BLACK!

its missing color
    like yellow
    and then it hit me
    Wally is the missing piece

seriously im reading Titans Hunt and I like it, at no point I thought something like ¨i miss Wally West¨
    until i saw this picture
    it just feels incomplete.
    That was actually one of the best features of both the original Teen Titans and the New Teen Titans... looking at the characters, they were aesthetically pleasing. The common colors of both were red and yellow (original team- Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Aqualad, Speedy; NTT- Robin, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Changeling), with green and blue as accents (original- Robin green, Aqualad blue; NTT- Robin and Changeling green, Raven blue).
    And they were usually placed strategically on the covers with color balance in mind.

That cover is really missing someone red and/or yellow to the lower left of Donna, IMO.

BTW, I de-saturated the cover image a bit because the background with Mammoth seemed a tad too vivid and I thought Omen looked better with a slightly muted green.
    And I blurred the pencils a bit, too, to give the characters a more solid look and remove some of the scratchiness.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-30-2016 at 12:21 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The teams on Titans and Team Titans have not been the go to characters for Teen Titans, Raven and BB can't grow up, but besides them they YJ4 have been DC's young character core for the last decade. Titans as a team is meant to be nostalgia driven, im not a fan of it, but the point of it dictates that it has to be them unfortunately. Thats not the case with Teen Titan.

And it doesn't matter if once upon a time the YJ characters were not always a mess, right now they are a huge painful mess, and have been for long enough. The YJ book was almost 20 years ago, it wasn't actually even that much of a hit (it was a good book, one of the earliest comics i collected, but it wasn't really a big hit for DC), and the YJ tv show didn't really have anything to do with that comic. The Young Justice book is a thing of the past, and the YJ4 quite simply just haven't aged well. If u honestly think they have done well for the most part in TT then u must not have read much of their TTs. This i not something that just started with the New 52.

I for one am tired of the YJ4, have they been bad for too damn long, and DC has shown time and time again that they are incapable of doing anything good with them anymore. Its time for them to move on. Im done believing that maybe the next time they can do something with the YJ4 that isn't infuriating trash.
    And the dozens of other characters that have failed to sell and yet are still being pushed by DC? Hal and Barry aren't exactly lighting up the charts but that doesn't stop DC from pushing them. The roster we're getting has been in the ditch for a long time (and I'd argue Donna's new incarnation is way more toxic than even the YJ4). Being stale isn't an obstacle for a lot of the characters DC uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    She was introduced in Uncanny X-Men but she became a proper X-Men though the New Mutants then jumped to the main franchise. She wore her New Mutants costume for 30 years.
    New Mutants don't own the black and gold at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And the dozens of other characters that have failed to sell and yet are still being pushed by DC? Hal and Barry aren't exactly lighting up the charts but that doesn't stop DC from pushing them. The roster we're getting has been in the ditch for a long time (and I'd argue Donna's new incarnation is way more toxic than even the YJ4). Being stale isn't an obstacle for a lot of the characters DC uses.
    Tim is getting just as most exposure as he was before, 1 teambook. And Cassie won't stay gone from TT long at all. But after being the focus of the last 4 relaunches it's someone else's turn on this particular merry-go-round again.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    First of all its not ok to be stale, just because DC pushes or has pushed characters or directions that are stale doesn't mean as a fan i should be ok with that or want more of that.

Secondly the YJ4 are beyond stale, most of them are now bad, unlikable, mangled shells that DC has shown an inability to fix or produce anything of real quality with. They have been consistently at the core of some of the very worst stories DC puts out. The YJ4 aren't even the iconic incarnations that Hal and Barry are, and even then characters like Hal and Barry weren't immune from DC taking breaks from them and moving onto others for bit.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-30-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

I wonder if the character on the far right was going to be Ravager...?
    Why change Roy's design? This looks better than the stupid ugly hat he is wearing on the cover.
    Anyway I hope more will join later like Jericho. Always loved the character but he has bad luck with writers.

Also is it me or is Starfire being portrayed taller than normal in the Justice League vs Teen Titans film? I know she is naturally very tall but she seems even taller than usual.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Well she was the oldest so I didn't really notice it.

BANNED

Well who knows maybe the Titans become to be members Raven, Starfire someone to take the place of Cyborg / Victor Stone someone to take the place of Beast Boy / Gar Logan and someone to take the place of Kid Flash

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Booth has confirmed it's Omen, and that the cover that was run with the reveal is the wrong one.

The real one is this, straight from the artist's twitter:

I still think we might be getting some form of an older Wally in this team, but if this is the Prime Earth Fab 5, I can deal.

With Lilith (Omen) back on.
    The expanded team needs Malcolm Duncan in Guardian Armor.
    and Karen Beecher Bumblebee.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Eh there calling Donna "Wonder Girl" was hoping she'd be "Troia" Wonder what that means for Cassie
    They should just call her Wonder.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-30-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    With Lilith (Omen) back on.
    The expanded team needs Malcolm Duncan in Guardian Armor.
    and Karen Beecher Bumblebee.
    I agree completely...but I think Mal and Karen are going to be too busy with a baby.

Ooohhh man, I hope it's Ravager! The sword and nunchucks on his belt tend to make me think it is. And I like that take on Arsenal waaaay better than the backward hat version.

image.jpg

I'd love for a badass new take on the Ravager character, (and possibly the Hive).

All this positive talk about the JL vs TT movie, has me excited. I was going to wait until the bluray release, but now I may have to search the couch cushions for change and pick up the digital release today
    Last edited by Agent 37; 03-30-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

These designs are amazing! I prefer Roy with a hood to a cap. I hope they find some use for that last design.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I agree completely...but I think Mal and Karen are going to be too busy with a baby.
    So what! Then strap the thing onto a papoose, and get them back in the game where they belong!

And if that's why they are keeping them out! Then ugh who writes this - I'm totally out of character development ideas time to introduce a baby baggage? It's easy and weak storytelling and in comics that's not character development but character assassination.
    This isn't a soap opera, these characters need to last for future gens. Don't they know future writers will want the character as was, untethered, and end up going the other horrible extreme, vanishing or worse killing the brat.
    It's how we end up with reboots to eliminate baggage.
    How many bad story Titan babies have been wiped out because of this?
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-30-2016 at 07:17 AM.