Page 540 of 671 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I’m betting on Deathstroke being Damian’s secret mentor.
    Slade using money and helping the Teen Titans? After lose Grant again thanks to the TT?

This secret mentor should be Talia.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-21-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Slade using money and helping the Teen Titans? After lose Grant again thanks to the TT?

This secret mentor should be Talia.
    I can't see Slade using money to help Damian's Titans either.Its most likely Talia.

Dramatically i just think Slade makes most sense for a Teen Titans story. But i could see Talia or even Ras too.

Astonishing Member

Thinking of the possible benefactors and recent interactions...I can't help but think of how much a swerve it'd be if said benefactor isn't someone related to Damian (even if he is the most obvious connection)...

For a real out of the ordinary type of thing I'd love it to somehow be Lobo. Dude earns a ridiculous amount of money with his bounties. It'd be funny if he funded the team knowing about Crush as a way of keeping her relatively safer but as a way to not make himself seem not tough since him showing attachment to someone would possibly be bad for his business or paint a target on Crush.

And it'd be a swerve since everyone expecting any meeting between the two to be explosive.

Astonishing Member

Finally read the Titans Annual. Miss Martian's role is very odd here.

1) Because she's somehow a trustworthy liaison despite never being any equivalent to this before anywhere. Especially since J'Onn only recently was connected to the JL again.
    2) M'Gann's characterization is interesting here as she reads a lot closer to the classic Donna Troy, or maybe that's just me. While Donna here on the team reads almost like the early angry Starfire.
    3) Having Raven and Miss Martian on the same team feels almost completely unnecessary but at least in story it makes sense as Dick didn't expect her to be on the team.
    4) Though it's incidental I'd guess, this means the interactions between M'Gann and Beast Boy in the future are likely to be flavored by the Young Justice cartoon where she's the older experienced hero and Gar as the messy but well meaning "youngster" even if they're probably the equivalent ages to one another here.

Natasha's gone to full on living metal nanite tech? Very fun. But that completely random break up with Traci is weaksauce. Really hope there's a plan there. Yeeesh. Though I do relish the chance to see Nat's brain put to use as she usually is outshined by her Uncle who barely gets to do anything either.

Dick and Donna overall don't sound very much like themselves here. Or at least their classic New Teen Titans selves at least. But I'll have to assume it's just due to having to wrestle with getting the team restarted with a ridiculous ending of the prior one. Donna's at least closer but yeah.

Beast Boy's changes seems to be taken straight out of the old cartoon with him and his werebeast form which in the show was his manifest inner anger and urges.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

1) Because she's somehow a trustworthy liaison despite never being any equivalent to this before anywhere. Especially since J'Onn only recently was connected to the JL again.
    2) M'Gann's characterization is interesting here as she reads a lot closer to the classic Donna Troy, or maybe that's just me. While Donna here on the team reads almost like the early angry Starfire.
    3) Having Raven and Miss Martian on the same team feels almost completely unnecessary but at least in story it makes sense as Dick didn't expect her to be on the team.
    4) Though it's incidental I'd guess, this means the interactions between M'Gann and Beast Boy in the future are likely to be flavored by the Young Justice cartoon where she's the older experienced hero and Gar as the messy but well meaning "youngster" even if they're probably the equivalent ages to one another here.

Natasha's gone to full on living metal nanite tech? Very fun. But that completely random break up with Traci is weaksauce. Really hope there's a plan there. Yeeesh. Though I do relish the chance to see Nat's brain put to use as she usually is outshined by her Uncle who barely gets to do anything either.

Dick and Donna overall don't sound very much like themselves here. Or at least their classic New Teen Titans selves at least. But I'll have to assume it's just due to having to wrestle with getting the team restarted with a ridiculous ending of the prior one. Donna's at least closer but yeah.

Beast Boy's changes seems to be taken straight out of the old cartoon with him and his werebeast form which in the show was his manifest inner anger and urges.
    Thanks for the recap, sincerely. Saved me a couple bucks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Thanks for the recap, sincerely. Saved me a couple bucks.
    I mean I still think it's worth getting. Especially if you're planning on following the new run.

Though I'm guessing like with most stories like this this little opener won't really be needed.

Astonishing Member

I prefer trustworthy liaison Ms. Martian to her Young Justice version. She was my favorite character in the first season and then the second season happened.

I mean I still think it's worth getting. Especially if you're planning on following the new run.

Though I'm guessing like with most stories like this this little opener won't really be needed.
    I just have no faith in Abnett's ability (or Abnett's ability with DC's direction) to write a titans book, and what you wrote just reinforces that for me.

I throw the () in because I generally like his stuff, but I thought the entire run was pretty terrible minus a few decent issues.

I was on twitter and I remember seeing a couple comments say they (Abnett/DC) weren't even trying to hide how much M'gann was being a Starfire copy.

Did anybody think that reading the special?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same here.

Sounds like the outcome of the prison is going to end as well as the Pipeline did .
    I wonder who came up with the idea for the prison, Damian or the Benefactor...

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dramatically i just think Slade makes most sense for a Teen Titans story. But i could see Talia or even Ras too.
    I agree about the Slade and Teen Titans connection, I can see the mentor thing b/c Slade and Damian both have the "ends justify the means" mentality but after the blow up of Defiance and the fact that Slade is in Arkham at the moment, I don't see Slade being the Benefactor which only leaves ...someone else.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I was on twitter and I remember seeing a couple comments say they (Abnett/DC) weren't even trying to hide how much M'gann was being a Starfire copy.

Did anybody think that reading the special?
    It's something I thought they might be aiming at when I first saw her put on the team. But I didn't get that feeling in the Special. They built her up to be something of a paragon. Which made me read her something like Supergirl or classic Donna Troy to me.

Extraordinary Member

It's something I thought they might be aiming at when I first saw her put on the team. But I didn't get that feeling in the Special. They built her up to be something of a paragon. Which made me read her something like Supergirl or classic Donna Troy to me.
    Neither did Young Justice, give her some time to become her own person

Walmart exclusive Teen Titans comic announced.

TEEN TITANS GIANT #1

Features the first chapter of a six-part Teen Titans story by Dan Jurgens with art by Scot Eaton, Wayne Faucher and Jim Charalampidis. The Teen Titans' are attacked by a new villain called the Disruptor and the Fearsome Five.

Additional reprint stories include "Super Sons"; "Sideways" and "Teen Titans" stories.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-22-2018 at 12:51 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thinking of the possible benefactors and recent interactions...I can't help but think of how much a swerve it'd be if said benefactor isn't someone related to Damian (even if he is the most obvious connection)...

For a real out of the ordinary type of thing I'd love it to somehow be Lobo. Dude earns a ridiculous amount of money with his bounties. It'd be funny if he funded the team knowing about Crush as a way of keeping her relatively safer but as a way to not make himself seem not tough since him showing attachment to someone would possibly be bad for his business or paint a target on Crush.

And it'd be a swerve since everyone expecting any meeting between the two to be explosive.
    I like the idea of Lobo or someone completely out of left-field funding em

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Neither did Young Justice, give her some time to become her own person
    ??? I'm not sure what you're replying to in regards to my post.

I'm sure she'll become her own person if given enough time but it's the first issue and comparisons shall be made anyway especially since like many who saw the roster we assumed M'Gann would fit the role of the Starfire from the New Teen Titans.

Especially since M'Gann's characterization has been different in every medium and iteration since her inception. I miss her old comic self (that the YJ cartoon used as a springboard).