Page 541 of 671 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 10059

How is it exactly that Miss Martian is a liaison to the JL when, to my knowledge, she's never been a member or held any sort of status with the JL prior? I don't mind her on the team but, her role doesn't make sense in the context of her history or, lack thereof, with the League. It would make more sense to me to have something like YJ where we get Canary, Red Tornado, or someone that has status and membership with the League.

I agree with previous posters about the voices, especially the characterization of Donna and Dick and their friendship. Since when were Donna and Wally BEST friends? Is there some past history that I missed here? It was always Dick and Donna who were the closest but, now I guess that's all been wiped out? I'm not a fan of Abnet's characterization of Donna. She has glimpses of her old self, like when she grabbed Gar's hand but, the angry, tequila-drinking Donna's so out of character. Amazon's don't have to be pissed off. A woman can be a warrior without having a chip (or weird silver phonebooks) on her shoulders. The Amazon's stood for more than being incredible warriors and Donna's a reflection of all of that, not just a sword and shield. On the positive: I am glad to see this group together and I'm going to stick with it for now because I think the concept is interesting and I feel like it's got a lot of potential, even if I find some of the characterization a bit off.

Martian Manhunter is playing favourites. He's in charge of the League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I had not thought about this until I saw the announcement of the new Wal-Mart 100 page giants and saw the solicitation for Teen Titans Giant #1 but it does seem natural when you think about it. I know Sideways is a new hero and just getting his feet wet both as a hero and as a comic book but is it time to join either Titans or the Teen Titans?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I had not thought about this until I saw the announcement of the new Wal-Mart 100 page giants and saw the solicitation for Teen Titans Giant #1 but it does seem natural when you think about it. I know Sideways is a new hero and just getting his feet wet both as a hero and as a comic book but is it time to join either Titans or the Teen Titans?
    I'd prefer that he stays away from the Titans or TT until after these franchises are stabilized. The newer heroes who joined always wind up getting shafted.

I'm curious to see who all is in the original story, especially since the cover is promoting the Johns roster.

Spectacular Member

Considering how the new characters that became Titans ended, no.

Passssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss on the titans till a new writer come's aboard.not instrested.

I really liked the Titans #23 preview running through this weeks books. Far better than the Titans special
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I really liked the Titans #23 preview running through this weeks books. Far better than the Titans special
    I hope Brandon Peterson stays on as artist. His work is amazing and he could be a great fit for the book.

If his solo gets cancelled, he'll be a possible new member next relaunch. But not right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    Considering how the new characters that became Titans ended, no.
    I think Blue Beetle was the only new character that made it out of the Titans unscathed. Lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'd prefer that he stays away from the Titans or TT until after these franchises are stabilized. The newer heroes who joined always wind up getting shafted.
    I agree with this, keep him away for now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Um... y'all are kidding about the idea that Donna and Wally were never best friends before, right? Yeah, Dick and Donna were shown as being incredibly close in the past and it sucks that they haven't been shown as THAT close before now in Rebirth, but Wally was always the third cog on that wheel. They're the trio of the Titans' generation. Wally once helped to recreate Donna so that she wasn't wiped away from any and all realities in the multiverse. All THREE of them are close, and are best friends. Complain about the characterization all you want but don't act like Donna and Wally's connection was never legit.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Um... y'all are kidding about the idea that Donna and Wally were never best friends before, right? Yeah, Dick and Donna were shown as being incredibly close in the past and it sucks that they haven't been shown as THAT close before now in Rebirth, but Wally was always the third cog on that wheel. They're the trio of the Titans' generation. Wally once helped to recreate Donna so that she wasn't wiped away from any and all realities in the multiverse. All THREE of them are close, and are best friends. Complain about the characterization all you want but don't act like Donna and Wally's connection was never legit.
    I'd argue that Donna and Dick were closer. That is the problem. In the Titans special Dick basically said to Donna that she still had him as a friend when she was feeling down about feeling responsible for breaking up the Titans and she basically ignored him and refused to call him a friend and then called Wally her best friend while Dick was standing there. It is things like that which are insulting. No one is arguing that Donna and Wally weren't close, although all they have done in this Rebirth continuity is make out with each other once, but it was never on the same level as Dick and Donna in my opinion. When it feels like DC is going out of their way to bring back old continuity they continue to ignore Dick and Donna's old relationship.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd argue that Donna and Dick were closer. That is the problem. In the Titans special Dick basically said to Donna that she still had him as a friend when she was feeling down about feeling responsible for breaking up the Titans and she basically ignored him and refused to call him a friend and then called Wally her best friend while Dick was standing there. It is things like that which are insulting. No one is arguing that Donna and Wally weren't close, although all they have done in this Rebirth continuity is make out with each other once, but it was never on the same level as Dick and Donna in my opinion. When it feels like DC is going out of their way to bring back old continuity they continue to ignore Dick and Donna's old relationship.
    See, I'm not arguing that Dick and Donna might have been closer. That's something that I largely agree with. When compared to the trinity of the Justice League, it's the Wonder and Bat characters who are the closest and not the Super(Flash) and Bat characters and... that's fine. But to say that they aren't close at all just seems kind of, well, silly, don't you think? I'd prefer if they were all for the most part returned to the relationships that they've had in the past, but to do that the writing would have to be better... which I guess they're slowly getting towards based on the special (which, I know, is a controversial opinion here but I stand by it) and the preview that we've read.

Honestly my hope is that now that Abnett has a better hold on Dick's voice (and he does: I see people saying he's still playing Lapdog to the league but he's not. The special was about him setting his own terms, being his own man and leader, telling the League what he was doing whether they liked it or not, building his own team outside of Miss Martian) that he's going to get to Donna now. I actually think that Donna's alcoholism might lead to us getting something close to how Donna used to be back and it adds an extra nuance to her character: she's not "miss perfect" at the end of this, she's been through personal troubles and troubles that go even beyond that. Kind of like when Ms Marvel (in?)famously had a similar plotline.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey