Page 55 of 671 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Soon or later you have to TRY.

THey had no trouble with Impulse and Flash going at the same time.

Superboy had 2 books (Superboy & Ravengers)

Fantastic Four had 3ish Thing with his own, Fantastic Force & Fantastic Foundation and even Ultimate FF.

Who thought Robin, Catowman & Nightwing would have long running series? Or Batgirl?
    To be fair, Nu Wally is in 2 books already, and if redhead Wally comes back, he'll be in Titans and possibly 1 other book (maybe the JLA book they're being secretive about) I can totally understand concerns about speedster fatigue, especially since there are so many Super/Bat books at the moment. Gotta have character diversity!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    I think at this point they're pushing Wonder Woman for a second book first, with Legend of WW doing so good, and Sensation Comics before that. So we're gonna get a Troia/Fate/Wonder Girl book eventually and hopefully that will open the gate for a Wally book, or a Tempest book, or an Arsenal book, or all three.
    If Roy or Garth get a solo book before Tim Drake does, that would be the worst DC decision since making Bart Allen Bar-Torr!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    The impression I got was that he's approached them several times and that he's tried with both versions of Wally. What DC has told him, specifically, is that the Flash family can't support two titles. He said it's like Wonder Woman or Aquaman that way. They are afraid if they do another Flash title, not just with Wally (any Wally) but of any kind, they will have another Aquaman and the Others.
    The first issue of Aquaman and The Others sold well it started falling after that probably because the character whose name is in the front of the title was pretty much backgrounted. I also found the story to be a bit boring the first time when I was reading the series. Characters didn't really entice me and nothing ever ground breaking happened to give the book any focus.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    If Roy or Garth get a solo book before Tim Drake does, that would be the worst DC decision since making Bart Allen Bar-Torr!
    Maybe, but then they'll point at his failed stint as Batman Beyond and be like, 'we gave you what you wanted!'

Excuse me but compare the attention Tim got to Roy's or Garth's publication history? I'm waiting since years for a Roy/Donna/Garth solo especially a GOOD written one. Tim had two solos, was the leader of the TT and was in how many Batman stories? So yes I don't need a Tim solo any time soon especially not one with the current Tim but comparing their popularity Tim most likely will get a solo before them which is a shame because I think Garth and Roy could be really interesting characters to read if written well.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    The first issue of Aquaman and The Others sold well it started falling after that probably because the character whose name is in the front of the title was pretty much backgrounted. I also found the story to be a bit boring the first time when I was reading the series. Characters didn't really entice me and nothing ever ground breaking happened to give the book any focus.
    The series was interesting. The characters, concept and the story had potential but somewhere it got lost and so did my interest in the book.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 03-30-2016 at 02:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Excuse me but compare the attention Tim got to Roy's or Garth's publication history? I'm waiting since years for a Roy/Donna/Garth solo especially a GOOD written one. Tim had two solos, was the leader of the TT and was in how many Batman stories? So yes I don't need a Tim solo any time soon especially not one with the current Tim but comparing their popularity Tim most likely will get a solo before them which is a shame because I think Garth and Roy could be really interesting characters to read if written well.
    I like Roy Harper, and I wouldn't mind him (or Garth) getting solo books. But Tim has been pretty consistently screwed over since the reboot.
    Losing his solo book
    His most prominent role in the DCU being the awful TT comics
    Having his backstory unnecessarily changed, and made less memorable
    Having a trivial role in the Bat-Family, and being mostly unimportant in the Bat-Family storylines
    Being ignored in the DCAU despite extended Bat-Family
    Being shafted in the Batman Arkham Knight game
    Finally getting a solo book, with an awful premise that no one wanted and harmed the character more
    Lacking any decent character development throughout the New 52
    And now, being reduced to a supporting character in a series by a mediocre writer where he will have no leadership role, little opportunity for development, and be under constant orders from 2 other characters.

Red Robin solo book now, DC!
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 03-30-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Incredible Member

I am really excited about the new Titans book with Rebirth. Glad to see Nightwing back!

I like Roy Harper, and I wouldn't mind him (or Garth) getting solo books. But Tim has been pretty consistently screwed over since the reboot.
    Losing his solo book
    His most prominent role in the DCU being the awful TT comics
    Having his backstory unnecessarily changed, and made less memorable
    Having a trivial role in the Bat-Family, and being mostly unimportant in the Bat-Family storylines
    Being ignored in the DCAU despite extended Bat-Family
    Being shafted in the Batman Arkham Knight game
    Finally getting a solo book, with an awful premise that no one wanted and harmed the character more
    Lacking any decent character development throughout the New 52
    And now, being reduced to a supporting character in a series by a mediocre writer where he will have no leadership role, little opportunity for development, and be under constant orders from 2 other characters.

Red Robin solo book now, DC!
    While I understand what you mean I also could start to count all the times DC screwed up Garth or especially Roy...it would take way too long besides it's not like Tim is the only one who was messed up in the Bat-Family and having a solo book doesn't fix the problems just take the mediocore New52 Nightwing comic or Jason's whole publication history since the reboot as an example.
    Tim needs to be fixed first just like Roy and Detective Comics might do it for him who knows maybe the book won't be as horrible as I think...but him wearing his Robin costume is not a good start but it can't be as horrible as Teen Titans? So let's be optimistic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post

The series was interesting. The characters, concept and the story had potential but somewhere it got lost and so did my interest in the book.
    I reread it a time ago and it read better a second time I still stick with what I posted but most of my interest came from learning more about The Dead King, The Relics and I enjoyed the Solokovs and Legend very Latveria and Dr. Doom like my problem came into the fact that I had no real interest in any of "The Others" and nothing was really done to make me get any interest in the character. The one like I liked from any of the Others outside Aquaman was when The Operative told POW he didn't believe in his Ghost thing it cracked me up.

Personally despite how Mera was change and The Dead King decapitated thing in the futures end issue I personally thought that read better then anything I got in The Others series.

My main point is that the first issue sold well but I feel like nothing was done in it to keep interest on the title and it just continously started to decline in sells because nothing was really done. I wish they went heavy and did something with more impact personally because Im still wanting to see more of The Relics and Atlantis but this is all my opinion on it.

I'm not sure how they'd do a current Roy series given the whole Arsenal/Red Hood thing curious to your thoughts, I think the one that appeared in Convergence with Lian could headline pretty well in a solo I'd be open to one in general though.

Garth not much at this point has been done for me to want him to have a Solo, Reading Purple Reign and at the Time of One Year later I would of liked Garth to have a series. Current Garth if he was given a title I'd want it alongside "The Drift" and that being the name of the title "The Drift"

I'm really not big on the idea of another Bat title in general but I do feel Tim's been screwed over alot in this continuity I would rather have a Red Robin series over Batman Beyond though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    I am really excited about the new Titans book with Rebirth. Glad to see Nightwing back!
    Good to hear! Im glad to see that people are excited for Titans. I'm counting down the days until it's release too.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Teen Titans #2 The Million Year Old Teenager.

Reasons to love Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    After watching Justice League vs Teen Titans I now want a new animated series with this team. Robin (Damien), Raven, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle and a certain someone from the end credit sceene (IDK how to do spoiler tags) would make for an awesome dynamic. Have Nightwing, Cyborg and Starfire be the older mentors (like in the movie). You could even have Troja (Let's let Cassie keep the WG name for Young Justice) and Arsenal show up too as part the older crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, Justice League vs Teen Titans wasn't bad. Got me excited about this roster. Make me wonder why they didn't they just enlist Bryan Q. Miller to write the new series.
    There was an end credit scene? I'll have to go back and watch.

Only two gripes:

1)Raven's voice actress

2)Damian was written a little too skilled in the movie spoilers:
    sliding and tripping Flash as Barry bolted at him
    end of spoilers

That being said, it kept me entertained, and I liked the TT dynamic. I wouldn't mind Blue Beetle showing up in the upcoming book.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    There was an end credit scene? I'll have to go back and watch.
    Yeah, it was Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Yeah, it was Terra.

YESSS! That is awesome. I'd be all over her in the TT lineup.

Makes a guy/gal think a TT vs Deathstroke movie might be in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Teen Titans #2 The Million Year Old Teenager.

Reasons to love Donna.

That's such a great moment with the tree.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics