Page 552 of 671 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-06.html

Teen Titans Special 32,702
    Titans Special 31,898

Teen Titans Special sold better than Titans Special.(which is a first) I don't expect a sales bump on Titans series with these numbers in mind so the new direction is DOA. Teen Titans may last a bit longer though.
    They're only going to go down from there. If Champions manages to overtake it (it had two issues last month, one of them, an event tie-in, sold 23k, the other sold 17k) then it's definitely relaunch time again.

For comparison, April's Titans issues sold 29k for Titans 22, 26k for TT 19, and 25k for Titans Annual 2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

So apparently according to Brian Michael Bendis who currently writes Superman and Action Comics if that wasn't clear enough Starfire's father was a member of the Circle an inter-galactic council who his new villain Rogol Zaar tried to get permission from to destroy Krypton. And the Circle and presumably Starfire's father said no. And the Circle later covered up Rogol Zaar destroying Krypton on his own accord. Thoughts on this?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

It's pretty bad for a relaunch though. Usually 45k is considered solid ground. Titans Special just sold like another issue (meaning that it didn't have any sales bump) and since the book has been in a downward spiral, it's not going to hold up well.
    It's not really a "relaunch," since they're keeping the same numbering. The creative team is the only thing that's changed (at least for the Teen Titans).

45k is almost exceptionally well in today's market.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    So apparently according to Brian Michael Bendis who currently writes Superman and Action Comics if that wasn't clear enough Starfire's father was a member of the Circle an inter-galactic council who his new villain Rogol Zaar tried to get permission from to destroy Krypton. And the Circle and presumably Starfire's father said no. And the Circle later covered up Rogol Zaar destroying Krypton on his own accord. Thoughts on this?
    Man, when was the last time Starfire's dad was relevant ?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, when was the last time Starfire's dad was relevant ?
    It sure took some interesting events to make Starfire's father important maybe she'll find out about his involvement withe the Circle's cover-up of the destruction of Krypton.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

It's not really a "relaunch," since they're keeping the same numbering. The creative team is the only thing that's changed (at least for the Teen Titans).

45k is almost exceptionally well in today's market.
    It's selling 32k, not 45k. Not sure why the higher figure was mentioned?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The special & new direction is meant to increase sales numbers. It failed to do so, which is my point. It'll fall back under 30k again and that means the new direction meant to raise sales failed.

The special & new direction is meant to increase sales numbers. It failed to do so, which is my point. It'll fall back under 30k again and that means the new direction meant to raise sales failed.
    Considering Abnett is still on Titans I don't think there was ever going to be that big of a change there, and frankly I don't remember the last time a creative shift mid-series and without a new #1 has ever impacted sales that much.

Considering Abnett is still on Titans I don't think there was ever going to be that big of a change there, and frankly I don't remember the last time a creative shift mid-series and without a new #1 has ever impacted sales that much.
    Well, that's why DC promoted the new direction and gave them a No Justice tie-in Special. To raise the sales. For Teen Titans it seems to have worked but for Titans it didn't.

Agreed. I actually re-read Titans Hunt last night and was surprised to find it read better than anything that came after it. I remember when people were sort of tearing it apart here in hopes of just getting on with the main event. As it turned out, IMO anyway, nothing that followed the prologue was nearly as interesting as the prologue itself.

Mighty Member

Well, that's why DC promoted the new direction and gave them a No Justice tie-in Special. To raise the sales. For Teen Titans it seems to have worked but for Titans it didn't.
    Well, the sales were up for both titles from their last issue. Maybe not by a huge amount for Titans, but an increase of a couple thousand is still significant.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Agreed. I actually re-read Titans Hunt last night and was surprised to find it read better than anything that came after it. I remember when people were sort of tearing it apart here in hopes of just getting on with the main event. As it turned out, IMO anyway, nothing that followed the prologue was nearly as interesting as the prologue itself.
    I still really liked The Return of Wally West. I thought that worked really well.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I was saying when Titans Hunt came out that it was a step in the right direction. It wasn't bad it just had some low parts but after everything we were getting before made it seem incredible. Titans Hunt felt like it had a story to tell and didn't wander around in getting there.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well, the sales were up for both titles from their last issue. Maybe not by a huge amount for Titans, but an increase of a couple thousand is still significant.
    No, it isn't. It has happened before with several other books. It's going down to pre-new team numbers next issue and it's all downhill from there on.

I'm guessing by the time we get to close to 19K DC will properly relaunch or revamp the Titan lines.

Mighty Member

No, it isn't. It has happened before with several other books. It's going down to pre-new team numbers next issue and it's all downhill from there on.
    We'll have to see before we make assumptions about the trajectory. And yes, the increase is significant. It's 2000 over the last regular issue and about 6000 over the annual. Anyway you shake it, that's a positive step. It's just a question of whether they'll be any follow through from that point on.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I'm guessing by the time we get to close to 19K DC will properly relaunch or revamp the Titan lines.
    Agreed. They don't want to be seen as doing worse than Champions, which is Titans's alternate company equivalent.