Page 558 of 671 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 10059
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    DC should just focus in doing animated movies and TV shows, they totally nailed it at that. But they should be banned from doing any kind of live action adaptation, I'm now dreading for what they have in store for the Doom Patrol, they clearly are doomed.
    Given how it looks like Beast Boy won't transform into animals I wonder if we'll get a decent Elastigirl size wise with a TV level budget...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given how it looks like Beast Boy won't transform into animals I wonder if we'll get a decent Elastigirl size wise with a TV level budget...
    Poor Doom Patrol is totally doomed.

I think the violence is mostly there because of the Marvel Netflix shows. I'm guessing that they wanted to try and match that since if people are subscribing to a service for shows they might think people want something closer to Daredevil and so on.

After watching the trailer I kind of feel that maybe they should have taken their time with introducing the characters. I think that Dick and Raven for the first season might have been enough and they didn't need Starfire and Beast Boy just yet. Just build the season around Raven needing help and that causes Dick to be pulled back into being a hero again. Then you could tease there being others that need their help like Starfire and BB and build the next season around them. Dunno, I guess it is tough to judge it based off just one trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This. Anna is a stunner and they made her look bad.
    When I first saw photos of the actress when it was announced she would be Starfire my first reaction: Oh my Gosh, she is totally beautiful, if she can pick Kori's personality she will be the perfect Starfire". But after seeing photos and the trailer, it clearly that they ruined a great chance because as you said, they made her look awful. Not even Supergirl's version of Red Tornado wasn't that bad compared to what they have done with her. And seeing the trailer how many of the other characters look sooooo OoC, I'm worried about Kori's characterization.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

With the T.V budget they have I personally believe they should've just went with the original Titans. Garth, Donna, Roy and Wally would've been way cheaper to manage and actually make them look good.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    With the T.V budget they have I personally believe they should've just went with the original Titans. Garth, Donna, Roy and Wally would've been way cheaper to manage and actually make them look good.
    I’ve been thinking this since day one. The cast doesn’t look strong at all.

BANNED

Honestly the constant viewings of Teen Titans Go on Cartoon Network is not THAT BAD as this new Live Action version of the Titans is. This may sully the views of Wolfman and Perez Titans as if the comics haven't done that already.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    But is that her hair and are those her eyes because those are still bad.
    They really need to empathize that better, or not stick that look on display as if it is her core look and expect people to be ok with it. Clearly some people aren't fond of her hair design either, but honestly I think that one is more secondary.

I have to say I do like the plan they have of giving each character focus and have them each representing different areas of the DC universe - Dick with Batman and vigilantes, Kori with outer space, Raven with the supernatural etc.
    According to that synopsis, when we meet her, she's coming from some type of costume party and people are following her and start to attack her. So I guess we'll have to wait or see.

I understand them not wanting to give too much, but they should give us something else since people are panicking.
    Richard Alexander

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

WAKE ME UP!
    CAN'T WAKE UP!
    WAKE ME UP INSIDE!
    SAVE ME!
    CALL MY NAME AND SAVE FROM THE NOTHING I BECOME!!!

Oh sorry. Couldn't help but think that.

Anywho, all I can offer is this:

"The best summation is the fact that Dove (whose whole thing is peace and pascifism) using her wings to slash into a guy. That tells me all I need to know."

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Actually I wasn't in the least bit interested in the show when it was announced but after seeing the trailer I'm far more interested then I thought I'd be in watching it. Go figure. I still don't really like Starfire's look though. The actress is stunningly beautiful but I just really don't like overall look so far.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

edit: delete

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Trouble is that line-up would be all white. There's a reason a black girl and half-Japanese guy were cast as Starfire and Beast Boy. So if they used the 1960s lineup, they'd probably need to switch either Aqualad or Kid Flash for their modern legacies, who are black.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That trailer was a special kind of awful
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Trouble is that line-up would be all white. There's a reason a black girl and half-Japanese guy were cast as Starfire and Beast Boy. So if they used the 1960s lineup, they'd probably need to switch either Aqualad or Kid Flash for their modern legacies, who are black.
    Thats true.

Trailer seems pretty set on the idea that Raven and Dick Grayson are the only two elements that work in live action, it isn't wrong.