Page 559 of 671 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That didn't seem that good and needlessly edgy. So had DC just completely ditched the serious tones mixed in with some light hearted humor? I dont see how making this gritty is better.
    To me this feels like an overcorrection of the CW shows. They want to show the audience right away that this is a more "serious" show. I imagine that overtime they'll strike more of a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Trouble is that line-up would be all white. There's a reason a black girl and half-Japanese guy were cast as Starfire and Beast Boy. So if they used the 1960s lineup, they'd probably need to switch either Aqualad or Kid Flash for their modern legacies, who are black.
    What if they had cast someone with more of a bronze skin tone similar to a Rihanna for Starfire? Maybe that would have been a way to get around the orange skin problem without the need for CGI and keep on a budget. Although Gar's green skin problem I don't know if there is an easy solution for that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I just saw the trailer.
    So. Edgy.
    The only one that fit to be that dark is Raven.
    Robin just looks like a petulant child. Like Jason at his worst. He's a cop.
    Starfire's hair looks awful. They just add some sparks.
    Not enough Beast Boy to judge.
    Dove costume is fine but I already knew that from the promo.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    When I first saw photos of the actress when it was announced she would be Starfire my first reaction: Oh my Gosh, she is totally beautiful, if she can pick Kori's personality she will be the perfect Starfire". But after seeing photos and the trailer, it clearly that they ruined a great chance because as you said, they made her look awful. Not even Supergirl's version of Red Tornado wasn't that bad compared to what they have done with her. And seeing the trailer how many of the other characters look sooooo OoC, I'm worried about Kori's characterization.
    I saw her modelling photo and she looks amazing. That long flowing hair will look good with the fire effect.
    I'm hoping the pink dreads are only for the first scene, and they change it later, but it's not a good look for a debut and I'm already not interested in edgy portrayal of Robin

I don't really mind the "dark" vibe they gave with this trailer and tbh it got me a little hyped.

But, damn, so it's literally their official costumes... I HOPE it's a good show

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    - "@#$% Batman." Okay, that's a little too try-hard.

- I guess the violence is probably realistic for what you would expect from vigilante's fighting dangerous criminals, but at the same time it's kind of jarring to see Robin stomping on a guy's neck and Dove slicing people up .

- Although Dick helping out a young Raven seems like a good character moment for him .

- So we see Starfire with her green eyes and fire, though still no starbolts and that wig is still kind of bad.

- Oh hey, Beast Boy with green skin. Now all we need to see is whether he transforms into animals and how long they keep him green .
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    After watching the trailer I kind of feel that maybe they should have taken their time with introducing the characters. I think that Dick and Raven for the first season might have been enough and they didn't need Starfire and Beast Boy just yet. Just build the season around Raven needing help and that causes Dick to be pulled back into being a hero again. Then you could tease there being others that need their help like Starfire and BB and build the next season around them. Dunno, I guess it is tough to judge it based off just one trailer.
    I dunno, I don't think a show called "Titans" could really only focus on two Titans.
    Trouble is that line-up would be all white. There's a reason a black girl and half-Japanese guy were cast as Starfire and Beast Boy. So if they used the 1960s lineup, they'd probably need to switch either Aqualad or Kid Flash for their modern legacies, who are black.
    I still think Ludi Lin would be a great Garth.

Haha oh man that Robin line. Trailer was better than I thought for a conservative budgeted show. You’ve got my attention dc.
    The J-man

I don't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't do body paint for Beast Boy and Starfire and why they would give Starfire a wig that looks like it was bought at Party City.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

What the hell were they thinking? This is like a parody of a “dark” DC movie. I’m shocked at how bad this looks.

Dammit, DC! Starfire is supposed to be a looker, not hooker!

BANNED

Robin is apparently a murderous vigilante Cop. And Starfire, played a by a dark skinned African woman who many people resent for being dark skinned, will be his love interest, and she is deliberately being portrayed at least visually as a prostitute.

Learned all the right lessons from Snyder, haven't you, DC?

Still getting the service, but damn that looks soooooo BAD! Hope I'm wrong though.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still think Ludi Lin would be a great Garth.
    Zack from last year's Power Rangers movie? Believe it or not, he's 31!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Zack from last year's Power Rangers movie? Believe it or not, he's 31!
    Man, he's aged phenomenally .

I think it looks cool. My daughters aged 28 to 16 thinks it's pretty sweet too. Titans is a book that I have read since the 70's and my kids have all read at differing times as well.

I like dark edgy superheroes and despite what a lot of folks like to think, the TNT era was pretty dark and edgy for comics at the time.

I'm probably going to get the service.
    Batman - Daredevil