Page 561 of 671 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571611661 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 10059

When I read this article, it changed the trailer completely for me, thinking of Dick being under influence of Raven and dreaming when he says **** Batman and kills. When I watch it that way I find it totally thrilling.

https://screenrant.com/titans-trailer-robin-killer/

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    When I read this article, it changed the trailer completely for me, thinking of Dick being under influence of Raven and dreaming when he says **** Batman and kills. When I watch it that way I find it totally thrilling.

https://screenrant.com/titans-trailer-robin-killer/
    Didn't Raven do something similar in the first NTT issue?

Either way, the scene of Dick killing a bunch of thugs does make more sense as being a nightmare of some sort taken out of context opposed to him just killing a bunch of thugs

Trailer was weird, but I trust Johns. I think we need more context then that trailer was able to provide.

Incredible Member

Well, Geoff explains why the line is used in

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/20/titans-robin-f-bomb/

“The trailer shows a piece of the tone of the show — the show’s not all that,” Johns told Polygon. “But it does make you go, ‘Why is he saying [**** Batman?]’ If you look at when Robin first left Batman in the comics, there was a lot of uneasiness and him being lost. Titans is really a series about these different characters that are all lost in their lives; just like the greatest comic book Titans run ever, by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, it’s about all these lost characters find one another. And they’re all struggling with something, and Robin is clearly struggling with his past with Batman.
    “And we’ll learn a lot more about it and what that is and why he is the way he is.”
    Johns didn't seem to go into specifics on what Grayson's exact problems with the Titans version of Batman were, but that's an aspect of the character the show is certain to explore.
    “Really, the DNA of it is in the echo of the original series, cause it had so much drama in that and it was so revolutionary for its time,” Johns said. “We really wanted to lean into the idea that every Titan of these Titans is a doorway into another genre. With Rachel [a.k.a. Raven], it’s the supernatural and the horror, and the first season’s really focuses on who Raven is and how the Titans galvanize around her."
    "You can see that tone in the trailer clearly.”
    Just because it looks campy, doesn’t mean this is going to be DC’s answer to The CW’s Riverdale. Johns said Titans is “a little more adult” than Riverdale, and when Polygon pressed him to explain, Johns offered this tidbit.
    “Well, in a different way. Because it’s not necessarily a teen drama, more of an adventure piece.”

Mighty Member

My theory is that they made the trailer controversial to get people talking. It was basically Robin and Raven. The darkest members of the team. It was an easy way to spread the word about their new streaming service.

"Robin Says F*ck Batman!" headlines spread like wildfire. Not everyone cares about the Titans, but everyone knows Batman. Whether it was good or bad, it grabbed a lot of attention.

From that trailer it looks like they spent all their money on Robin. DC is not being very subtle in their favouritism. I am a big Dick Grayson fan but if DC is expecting me to pay money for a streaming service they need to do much much better.

Yeah, i don't see anything in this trailer worth spending some of my precious money on to be honest.

sigh

Wanted to add that i really like how Dick looks, but in that scene he's acting like Jason. I hope we get more of Dick's comics personality.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Well, Geoff explains why the line is used in

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/20/titans-robin-f-bomb/
    That doesn't really make sense. He calls on the Wolfman and Perez run as influence, but then doesn't use their take on when Dick left being Robin behind. As there wasn't any big fallout or anything and he just moved on from being Batman's sidekick as he was growing up and becoming more secure with being with the Titans. Though I guess that doesn't really fit with the darker tone they wanted to go for.

Ugh. So wb saw the new mutants trailer and copied it. Killer robin, pointless gore and death. No thank you.

Reactions online are not good also. My mom was on facebook and came across people tearing the trailer apart! (and she is not a comic fan) Just came from another site and they are ranting over the trailer! YouTube reactions are nasty. They are tearing the trailer apart! Disney shows off clone wars for their streaming service. WB shows off gory R rated CW synder titans. Sigh. Aquaman trailer can't come fast enough.

Waiting for kwings reaction. (also lol at him wearing a marvel shirt as he is a huge dc fan and tends to nitpick marvel a lot.) His reaction is what I thought it would be. (but not as fun as some of the other reactions.)

The comments reaction are worse.

The E in DCEU stands for EDGE.

Starfire's powers looks like the human torch's instead.

So he’s resentful of being trained to be a weapon against crime, so because of that, he decides to be a weapon against crime?

Ouch!!!! I just got cut by all the edge!��

You know DC's messed up when teen titans go the movie looks better than the live action series

How could they ruin this??? This looks like an emo fan-made low-budget YouTube series. I’m seriously so disappointed right now

Hey Kwing! Long time fan (since Arkham City Speculation!) The last time I saw something this edgy it was the Razor I was using to shave with! Seriously! Did they look at the Teen Titans GO! episode where they made FUN of the whole super edgy thing and use it to make notes? This whole thing just feels like some edgy fan fiction...stick with the early 2000's cartoon in my opinion.
    Read more

I've got a bad feeling about this

Starfire looks like a hooker,Raven looks like she will shoot up my school,beast boy doesn’t look like a beast, and robin. Ok.

to much red hood not enough Knightwing. and yeah Starfire just looks wrong

So they basically over corrected from teen titans go

I personally think they would have done better they stuck with a fun-loving action Teen Titans from the original show except live-action it can have action but why not make it like flash flash is exactly how he should have been from the Justice League cartoon but it's made into a CW Show with more adult action why couldn't they have just done the same with Teen Titans

I feel like it feels like riverdale being all edgy and stuff

Why cant we just have a nice simple dc show that makes the characters how they are??? Instead we just get dark versions of everyone? is this dc metal? I hope im wrong and this turns out to be a good show

Is this the real trailer?

As someone who read the Titans Preview in DC Comics Presents #26 in 1980 when I was in 14, I can honestly say I am not impressed. Hawk and Dove looked good, though.

Between this, batman #50, bendis superman and the new teen titans comic, I have to ask, DC who hurt again? I thought we were really moving on to more hopeful time. DC, did your girlfriend break up with you? Is everything alright at home? Do you need a hug?
    Ouch!

Mighty Member

I will still admit Titans trailer is one of the most amateur-made trailers I have seen. The lighting, transition and sound usage are mediocre. If the series is good, this is one of farthest quality I have seen from trailer to series. Good luck to DC as always.

I will never get past Starfire's Party City wig.
    Imagine if they gave her something like like this:

sza2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post

sza2.jpg
    She reminds me of SZA who... actually would have been a great Starfire now that I think of it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post

sza2.jpg
    LMAO. Someone need to contact Sza hair people.