Page 565 of 671 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So Roundhouse is alive now, or never died or maybe he was just injured, I'll have to read the previous synopsis for #22 but the lack of suspense ...then again this can just be similar to a misleading cover.

And not to look a gift horse in the mouth as I would rather it be Damian than Wallace's 3rd team LI relationship trouble but isn't it a bit too early to do the whole "is this or isn't this real feelings" thing, like wouldn't it too be obvious that it's the ring b/c it would only have been like 4 issues ...but whatever I guess we don't how much time has passed and how long the team has been together by issue #23.
    Maybe is one misleading cover like in Detective Comics in Tim "death" chapter..

I think that this magic ring is making Damian feel the same that Djinn for him(she didnīt know that is the ring fault)..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they did have the Johns/McKone Titans run going on, which is usually viewed as the last time the franchise was relatively popular/good (for a given definition of popular/good), although I don't think as a whole that run was that close to the cartoon.

I think Percy tried to ape the show to some degree with his initial Titans roster.
    Johns/McKone was probably the closest.

I recognize that some books ape the roster, but they never seem to nail:

-writing them as believable young adults
    -making them independent
    -balancing fun, real life drama, and superhero drama

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Johns/McKone was probably the closest.

I recognize that some books ape the roster, but they never seem to nail:

-writing them as believable young adults
    -making them independent
    -balancing fun, real life drama, and superhero drama
    I think this has probably been the biggest issues with the Titans franchise over the past few years, or even for teen Superhero comics in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this has probably been the biggest issues with the Titans franchise over the past few years, or even for teen Superhero comics in general.
    And it drives me crazy because it doesn't seem like rocket surgery to me and I don't think DC is actively trying to put out a product that fits that criteria.

It would be one thing if I was getting a flawed product that was at least trying for those things, but its more like they just want Titans to:

- have Wolfman characters
    - tie it to the justice league so it "matters"

Does anyone remember whennTitans will start double shipping ...internet is being an a-hole and articles aren't showing up for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Maybe is one misleading cover like in Detective Comics in Tim "death" chapter..

I think that this magic ring is making Damian feel the same that Djinn for him(she didnīt know that is the ring fault)..
    This is something that I didn't even think about but I can totally see it being the logical case.

As for Roundhouse, the cover could definitely be misleading but it would be a waste if the character is dead.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Teen Titans was really really good. Loved every single page.

Damian here has really grown [He must have been taking leadership lessons from Kory or Dick on the sly]. Percy's run was quite the learning journey because my boy is on form as a leader and a team member.

What a leap. What a team. This is what TT should be besides the secret jail and Call for Justice attitude to crime fighting.

Also so much shade thrown in this issue and so much burn.

I've heard of a stash box but a stash house. Batman don't play.

I love the dynamic and banter in this group. So organic and they are all likeable [RH is a bit cringy and I wish KF hadn't picked up Gar's immature selfie addiction]

Can't wait for the next issue.

Ugh. Forum lag. Double post.

An interesting start, for sure. Having Damian have "his" own team was sorely needed. They still don't kill (I saw some rumors about that leading up to this), they just stop criminals before they can even get going, with this issue highlighting that.

And man, Crush sure is a chip off the old block. Punch things first, let other people ask questions for you. But certainly has a human side too, as it seems a foster family she was close to vanished?

Sorry, Lobo's my favorite character. So him having a daughter is pretty interesting, if not unexpected, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    An interesting start, for sure. Having Damian have "his" own team was sorely needed. They still don't kill (I saw some rumors about that leading up to this), they just stop criminals before they can even get going, with this issue highlighting that.

And man, Crush sure is a chip off the old block. Punch things first, let other people ask questions for you. But certainly has a human side too, as it seems a foster family she was close to vanished?

Sorry, Lobo's my favorite character. So him having a daughter is pretty interesting, if not unexpected, all things considered.
    Not sure why you say it like that? Lobo freaking rocks. Intergalactic DeadBeat tag made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Teen Titans was really really good. Loved every single page.

Damian here has really grown [He must have been taking leadership lessons from Kory or Dick on the sly]. Percy's run was quite the learning journey because my boy is on form as a leader and a team member.

What a leap. What a team. This is what TT should be besides the secret jail and Call for Justice attitude to crime fighting.

Also so much shade thrown in this issue and so much burn.

I've heard of a stash box but a stash house. Batman don't play.

I love the dynamic and banter in this group. So organic and they are all likeable [RH is a bit cringy and I wish KF hadn't picked up Gar's immature selfie addiction]

Can't wait for the next issue.
    I picked this up today on a whim. I liked it a lot. I thought Roundhouse was cool. He reminded me a lot of Bouncing Boy from the Saturday animated TV series Legion of Superheroes. Looked like him too. Robin doesn't like him much. DJinn and Crush are also very interesting characters. Going to add this to my regular pull.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not sure why you say it like that? Lobo freaking rocks. Intergalactic DeadBeat tag made me laugh.
    Sorry for the tangent, is what I meant. But yeah. Hope to see him pop up more in, if not this series, then in others.

I think it would be great if Lobo surprised everyone and turned out to be a good dad (or at least as good a dad as an intergalactic bounty hunter can be). I love how he has recently had a soft spot for the young underdogs. In JLA he took Ryan Choi under his wing and in No Justice he gave Beast Boy a nice pep talk when he was doubting himself.
    I think it would be a funny and unexpected turn if The Main Man went against character and actually cared about his daughter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think it would be great if Lobo surprised everyone and turned out to be a good dad (or at least as good a dad as an intergalactic bounty hunter can be). I love how he has recently had a soft spot for the young underdogs. In JLA he took Ryan Choi under his wing and in No Justice he gave Beast Boy a nice pep talk when he was doubting himself.
    I think it would be a funny and unexpected turn if The Main Man went against character and actually cared about his daughter.
    He wont be featured very often, and to be a good dad he would have to stop being a villain

This was the first issue of TT I've enjoyed. Percy's run was very boring to me, but this feels like a much-needed reboot. I get the premise behind the team, I know why Damian is in charge and why he's recruited his team. There's some believable tension and chemistry with this team. For now I'll cautiously follow along.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Really liked everything here so far besides the prison at the end.